FIREMAW EU - We have a problem

They should have really brought back the old classic transferrules where you can even with paying transfer to servers with lower population.

Just logged into the game at 20:12 BST. Nearly 4 hours after I placed myself in the queue. Just not good enough!

1 Like

It is absolutely disgusting that it has come this far. If it wasn’t because of my guild and the members in it, I would instantly quit the game. It is beyond stupidity to pay a monthly fee for a “game” like this, and the fact that they don’t give a sh** anyways is annoying as hell. Personally I will never subscribe to or buy any game from Activision / Blizzard unless they fix this sh**or at least respond. Recently 3 people from my guild have quit the game because of the queue and I know a ton of people from other guilds are losing interest in the game as well because of how the current state is.

2 Likes

This will only work if they add some faction restriction. I play on Skullflame, we already have a 1/3 A/H ratio (which shifted a bit towards 40/60), if we get 500-1000 Horde transfering in, the server will be unplayable for Alliance and ppl either quit or transfer to another realm, leaving Horde on a PvE server and they are also forced to either quit or transfer again. So send Alliance to Skullflame, Ten Storms or Stonespine and Horde to Bloodfang. Since the servers only have 1/3 of the pop from Firemaw even a one sided transfer of a few hundred people could destroy the game for the other faction.

3 Likes

While i understand the pain it is to sit in queues for that long, but this is really a player made issue. You can transfer off if you wish.

This is kind of a business move from blizzard, cause they want people to purchase server transfers. While i do believe they will lose money in the long run doing it, they are definatly gaining money short term, which unfortunatly is what looks good to investors, cause they can write off players that quit the game as a natural thing.

2 Likes

Yeh we’re lacking alliance on stonespine. But to my surprise, even according to difference like 33 to 66 pop, same alliance is quite constant there. If to remember if stats first phase it was around 5k with logs, now its just 4k and the same People are playing mostly. Idk why mega server. I understand high pop ones like razorgore/ashbringer, but gehennas/firemaw is too much. You May never even see a world boss. Only a good feature about mega servers - feeling of constant war and ganking different nicknames all the time

Day 1 firemaw player here
They should have never opened transfers TO firemaw / gehennas in the first place, classic blizzard cashgrab :slight_smile:
And maybe think about sending ppl (and whole guilds) who transfered in the last 2 weeks to firemaw back to their previous servers and offer them 2 months of gametime as a compensation because refunds aint a thing since activision is running this party.

1 Like

you make a decent point but at the same time you play on the most populated server so it makes sense that there ramifications

1 Like

Natural queues are fine, 30 min to 2 hours on wednesday and sunday, sure everyone gets it. Mass transfers leading to 5 hour queues because blizz had no foresight is another thing entirely. Obviously the coronavirus lockdowns are a factor here but still, this is just bad for everyone.

There is no queue at the moment.

Wondered how long it would be before you decided to show up!

Thanks for the heads up, gonna go wake the boys up for some midnight raiding. :+1:

2 Likes

You knew from day 1 Firemaw would be extremely populated. You had months the time to take a free transfer, and now have the chance to transfer to any server you want. Firemaw is a great server, and the crowd has certainly its charms, but these que’s are one of the downsides. Either deal with it or transfer.

And yeah… free transfers don’t seem like a bad idea, blue post on that would be nice, but that will probably not happen.

1 Like

Firemaw’s population was in a decline, as all Classic servers’ were, when the free transfers were up. So your ‘you knew’ opinion is wrong and not applicable. After the free transfers offer expired, the queues were still very short. It was when servers started to die in Jan (because: Dec holidays), and paid transfers were introduced, that queues on Firemaw saw an increase again. Lastly the problems started to become real severe when COVID-19 forced people to ‘work’ from home. A few weeks ago they were still managable.

That said, the solutions to this problem are simple: either reintroduce layering, or lock the server for transfers, or give free transfers for people on Firemaw… at least until the COVID-19 madness has blown over. Any other discussion won’t improve the situation or prevent people from quitting.

Pay 25 euros

This does not help those that paid to transfer there to be with there friends. But yeah from my opinion Blizzard should get the old transfer rules back into place where you can even with paying transfer to a server with lower populace.

lets swap places :slight_smile:

ill gladly sit at home in quarantine in 1 hour que instead being in work and risking my health :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I happily rolled mage on Firemaw due to it having queue cuz thats means server is healthy and will stay long alive. Imagine raiding in wednesday-sunday guild like everybody and their mom does lol I have no idea why people choose exactly these days to raid but its stupid and causing these queues , there are no issues if you raid with guild in other days

are you aware that it’s currently not Wednesday-Sunday?

Wednesday/Thursday/Sunday evenings is the most optimal time for all, when most of the people playing wow is at home and have no harm for their irl life to play up to 3 hours without turning off the computer. E.g. i mean the time gaps when you are sure you’ll be able to calmly rest and play the game.
Friday/Saturday is meh because many people have either plans for friday evening after work, or saturday is good to do something irl or meet or whatever, hell you can even go full alco saturday because you know you can sleep well on sunday :slight_smile: