FIREMAW EU - We have a problem

Is it even possible for Blizzard to just increase the server cap? Surely not

So if not, what can they do other than transfer people of the server… :thinking:

Not sure about increase server cap. But what about offer free transfers and maybe block transfers TO Firemaw?

3 Likes

Queues are getting worse and worse… I think it really is time for a free realm transfer OFF Firemaw and lock transfering into Firemaw, it’s already bad as is.

Yeah like it should have been since day one…

3 Likes

Never going to happen

You get some people going like “At least firemaw won’t die”
Yeah, but you also can’t play currently lmao.
It’s people saying stuff like this person, due to the reason that firemaw has such a massive queue.
I’d rather play on another realm and actually be able to play instead of waiting for 4-5+ hours a day lol. (Even if the realm dies earlier than this “overpopulated realm”

Firemaw just needs free transfers off that realm and to cancel all transfers to Firemaw.

Wont happen, since who gonna keep their names? The old ones? The newcomers? Many will rage out if they have to rename their chars.

My guild formed on firemaw week 1 and we’ve been having a blast with raiding for half a year now, but these ridiculous queues that started with bwl release are slowly forcing people to transfer or quit.
Imagine how bad things will be once AQ war effort begins and we’re the first server to open the gates, it’ll be simply impossible for anyone with a job or school to raid mon-fri for all the transfers flocking from low pop/poorly balanced realms.
If blizz doesn’t adress this before phase 5 this server will have gone from being the best to worst eu server.

3 Likes

That’s exactly my warning, on many high pop servers the AQ event, especially the last 24h and the opening itself, will end up with a queue window for most players since it’s more than likely that the servers will crash when thousands of people try to get into Silithus (put aside that you’d have to survive the PvP as well on PvP servers) and move you back into a queue. And that’s not sth like a new phase you can sit out for a few weeks, the event is unique and has a defined time window at the end.

Queues have already started to raise when BWL was released (and before the corona lockdown in most countries, so it’s not just about Corona even the queues might become shorter when the lockdown is over) and I assume that many players who got bored by the current endgame will return for the unique AQ event. This will cause a huge spike in the population on the high pop realms (and even higher one on the full pop realms) since you have lots of the inactive players who probably will return for it.

1 Like

Stop crying. You joined the highest pop server knowing this could and would happen. There are plenty of high-pop servers that don’t have this problem, and you could have rolled on any of those.

How many times is it supposed to happen? The free transfers made firemaw perfectly fine and now it’s back to crap again because thousands of people paid to move here. “Joining the largest server so expect queues” isn’t an argument. Blizz needs to stop letting people transfer here, it’s not our fault for sticking around anymore, firemaw was fine for months.

1 Like

To all the moaners, try making a suggestion ingame instead of on the forums.

This is a large part of the reason I haven’t bothered playing again, even whilst having to self-isolate - this company is beyond a bad joke .

Pop cap increase would mean more will be inclined to stay as well as transfer to the server as the queues will become shorter. You need to get people away from the server instead. Not to mention the other issues caused by having more players than the game was designed for.

No thanks , I’d prefer to merge these bad servers into Firemaw but add maybe 1 layer to it.

They 100% can increase their server cap, but it would mean people with bad computers and slow internet could not handle the server, its bad now but ye it would get worse.

I personally think they should increase the cap during these times of covid19 like myself i go to work cant use a remote to keep my self online, so when i come home and want to enjoy raiding i cant… i cant even farm herbs or ore to prep for when the ques are down because ill be going to bed when i finally enter i would transfer but i got friends here on the server that i dont want to bail on so i hope blizzard takes this matter serious.

Sad times for boomers on firemaw.

I dont have the answer to what to do, but something has to be done. Atm i have to logg on in the morning to be able to raid at evening… This is suppose to be a casual game… when you have to be online 4-5h before raid, just to be able to attend… It’s not casual anymore…

1 Like

I play on Firemaw and it is ridiculous right now. They should never have opened up for transfers to Firemaw and locked the server

4 Likes

I completely agree, it is complete Madness to allow ppl to transfer to already full servers. I feel sorry for the og firemaw people and i am especially sorry for those who transfetter to firemaw and now cant transfer away. Blizzard needs to take more responsibility for transfers.

2 Likes

Whilst I don’t think we should re-introduce layering on Firemaw. I think we should close our borders and allow free emigration to other servers to help deal with this.

5 Likes