First character you've made?

Tauren Druid Genjuros realm,Blurey name Sunwell patch.He is on Draenor 120 with me,different name thoe.

1. Human warlock, deleted him when failed to find a demon pet.

2. Played half of Vanilla as a gnome warrior afterwards (due to racial).

3. Returned to warlock as appreciated control rather than reactionary play in PvP. The fear was a thing back then.

Race changed my warlock to worgen. You might still see the lieutenant-commander and other legacy PvP achievements on him.

This guy. Never race or faction changed him although I am now mainly Alliance. My friends played horde side.

This is the first char I ever rolled ever! He used to be called theflu on realm kilrogg.
Feb 2007.
I remember being able to set up portals in BGs.
Amplify and dampen magic where spells that confused me. So I never used them haha.

This character back in March 2005.

Edit: I do all my posting on Osangar the Nightbourne Lock

This char 12 years old - used to be a Nelf Hunter on a pvp server.

Shes had all kinds of identity crisis stuff going down in all those years thoughā€¦ ended up Human just for rep.

Zuratoba, Troll Rogue in uhm 2004 or so in Beta. My frst on live, Undead warrior named Magie.

<- This one.

Though this was the second Druid called Ozmosis. The first one fell off the edge of tedrassil, I could not get back to my body and as a newbie, didnā€™t know I could rez at the spirit healer, so as I was only level 11, I deleted the char, remade it and levelled it againā€¦ staying away from the edges of cliffs :slight_smile:

2 Likes

<= This one, same age with the game, I thought between opening an elf or tauren hunter though, decided elf. All my other characters after this one were horde though.

This one, as Gnome (with the saddest face) on Emeriss in (I think) 2006.

Thatā€™s right.

I joined Slaughter Squad initially and remained with them for many years, even leading Zul Gurub raids until I started helping Lorange get High Warlord. He eventually joined up with Bovine Intervention and I started being invited to fill in a raid-slot whenever their normal groups werenā€™t full. They got to know me and, eventually, I joined them fully and started raiding MC, BWL, AQ and Naxx after ZG became redundant.

I have videos of many shenanigans throughout the years, from my scrubbery in Vanilla, failing during X-Realms (which encouraged me to learn to stop keyturning), soloā€™ing BRD when the TBC pre-patch was released and we got to enjoy the upcoming talents before the expansion actually arrived, timed TBC heroic runs (pre-nerf), then eventually I joined ā€œOpen Face Surgeryā€ in WotLK and focused exclusively on Arena and PvP, eventually making the ā€œClick Boomā€ series on WCM back when Shadow Priests were at their absolute worst state in PvP (which actually helped get the movies noticed).

I could tell you all a lot of stories, but then, lots of people could do the same.

I never have and never will leave Khadgar, not after all the history Iā€™ve seen on this server since 2008.

So yes, if you know RopeDrink, Tombshine, Mhuldoon or Bysonosyss, those are variations of me. The Rogue is deleted, as is my Shadow Priest (as of two days ago). I mostly just rotate between Warrior, Paladin and Shaman these days - and no doubt Iā€™ll change class again some day, but Iā€™ll always be a Vanilla Khadgarian.

1 Like

Undead Warrior in US betaā€¦
In retail: This one on launch day. Did the whole midnight purchase thing in Antwerp @ Outpost. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Night elf hunter on the day of release! Played it till 56 or so then got bored and didnt really see the point of endless ST runs. Ended up returning a few years later with my entire guild from a game called legend of mir 3. The games servers were being taken down and we needed a place to go, I suggested wow as it had raids for us to do end game. I made a rogue and have been ever since :smiley:

Human Protection Warrior, back in The Burning Crusade. Miss those talents choices and some of the spellsā€¦

my first character was gnome rogue, i made it back when blizzard made the game free to play for like a week or so ages ago, prob at around cataclysm since goblin & worgen were locked from race select.

i explored the entire starting zone & was obsessed with backpack upgrades. each pouch i found felt better than a lvl up. i also was so amazed at what the mages could do, id duel mages just so they would be able to turn me into a sheep.

didnt rly get to lvl much since i quit playing it once i left Dun Morogh, the free trial was coming to an end & i didnt wanna get too connected to the game. then i made an undead thief & explored the world via corpse walking.

my first actual character was a goblin rogue that i made at round midway of legion. man the game felt so huge, kinda miss those days when i had to walk everywhere.

i was so bummed when it turned out i had to pay for the flying license & the flying skill when i got to lvl 60, since i had bought 1 of the store mounts thinking id save ingame money by getting 1. i was too ashamed to ride it before i got the flying. i mean a fully grown dragon with wings that cant fly & just hops on the ground.

the journey from stranglethorn vale to swamp of sorrows is something i never forget. felt like a ā€œmission impossibleā€ style sneaking mission since it was the first time i had to go through alliance territory to reach burning steps.
kept bumping into quest npc camps when i tried to get past lake shire. was kinda frightened from the sudden tone shift of lush forests & mountains into hellish ash filled mountain side with imps jumping around.

luckily my visit wasnt a long one since the path way to the swamp was right next to the way i came in. then just walk along this rly nice mountain path to the swamp.

Post deleted

Oh wow - you brought back a memory that had long vanished. My very first character wasnā€™t Gill, but a night elf, possibly a druid but I canā€™t remember her name, early 2005. She fell off Teldrassil at about level 2 or 3 and swam round and round the island trying to find a way back up. She failed and so tried swimming out to sea and discovered fatigue. Having no idea what that was she slowly died. If I remember rightly, corpses suffered fatigue as well so I couldnā€™t work out how to rescue her. I wonder if sheā€™s still there ā€¦

I wouldnā€™t call it dead, really. Often find the Alliance side of things a lot quieter compared to Horde, but I donā€™t doubt that both sides are quiet compared to other servers.

Aye, was part of Slaughter Squad, Bovine Intervention, then Open Face Surgery on Horde. The last guild I remember being part of was Paradigm and having the pleasure of progressing to the Lich King before I quit serious raiding. Was also part of the sister guild of Home of the Ghost Lords called Me Tank Got Spanked on Alliance side, raiding Ulduar and various WotLK content. Lots of fun on both sides.

Iā€™m privileged to have met and played with many great people on both sides of the fence, but it all stemmed from my reputation on my first character. The Alliance knew me as ā€˜that pesky but friendly git who constantly fought to return WSG flagsā€™. Before X-Realms, BGā€™s were all server-contained and everyone knew everyone on Khadgar.

As said, Iā€™ve got a massive collection of videos from all eras of WoW Iā€™ve played - if you remember those guilds then you should give them a watch sometime. Iā€™ve got super-old Slaughter Squad stuff, a few of our world-boss raids in Bovine, a collection of PvP videos and WCM uploads from Open Face Surgery, and some more recent ones of me as a guildless and nostalgic pleb.

1 Like

Wanted to change to her for this reply, but it doesnā€™t work. :sob:

Blood elf Paladin. She still exists and has a special place in my heart, even if I donā€™t play her regularly anymore.

This one.
October 2005.
Started in Silvermoon server than transferred to Kul-Tyras after being offered a free transfer to a less populated server.

The only thing I changed in this character was the hair, face and tusks, rest, remains the same.

I wanted to play with my real life friend, he offered me his 7 days free pass, that came when he bought the game.
Became addicted.
After purchasing the game, I decided to go back to this account, since I didnā€™t want to grind all those 20 levels again.

Cheers.