Fix AV glitch

After 15 years i think the time has come to fix the glitch to jump in alliance base in AV.

13 Likes

You can do the same glitch in horde base too… whats the problem?

2 Likes

Where can i skip all the guards to the horde base and get directly to the GY without the archers? Oh i can skip one of the towers in horde base. Sorry, You’re right, its balanced.

6 Likes

You have to be a gymnastic to do that on horde base.

4 Likes

Have you tried?:slight_smile:

Why do you only mention the backdoor jump into Alliance base when you can do the same into Horde base?

The backdoor jump, call it what you want, was available in every AV version of vanilla for both bases.

AV is not designed to be balanced and fair. It’s designed to be an epic battle.

The fact that most alliance players doesn’t even know about the Horde base backdoor is because AV is, as I said, so unbalanced, so it’s much much muuuuuuuuch easier for Alliance to take the Horde base so the backdoor is never needed.

Alliance can much easier take the Horde base. Horde can much easier defend their graveyards. Alliance can much easier take Towers compared to bunkers. The alliance backdoor is easier to make but also easier to defend. Etc etc…

Bottom line. AV is not a symmetrical esport map. By design.

4 Likes

At the back, there’s a skip that skips both towers and you end up in a positiong where pulling additional adds is nearly impossible.
Compare that to the Ally base where in 90% of the games I’ve seen Horde ends up pulling most of the useless base NPC’s that grant neither honor nor rep on death.

1 Like

Yes I have tried . Both horde and alliance , you literally toggle autorun to backdoor alliance base. While as alliance , you have yo do two perfect jumps over an invisible wall to backdoor. See the difference ?

4 Likes

No no you see that’s beneficial to the Horde so NO CHANGES!

2 Likes

Yes, the difference is that it’s so easy to take the Horde base that you don’t need to use the backdoor into horde base. Alliance can stand in boss room and defend the flag or stand on top of a bunch of elites.

I would say it’s the opposite mentality. It does benefit the Horde, so, CHANGES!

In the end. Horde doesn’t care. Personally I have never won an AV thanks to backdoor. It may have made one or two AVs a little shorter and I think Alliance in those AV was thankful about that because half their team was afk anyway.

True, after 15 years maybe Blizz will “surgically” fix a bug like they did before, a bug that is making the game less enjoyable

Careful you might upset the #nochanges group of people >.>

Don’t know what to say, blizz made already a change? I think the #nochanges is not really valid here. :slight_smile:

Also, its a bug, a bug/ glitch something that needs to be fixed.

2 Likes

Horde actually calling that a back door, litterally need the best possible precision.

horde base ally skip jump is WORTHLESS

and there are TWO dun baldar horde skips, both easy

2 Likes

That’s not the impression that was left when the Horde broke the forums with all the crying over AV.

3 Likes

Alliance was abusing an exploit to circumvent the solo queue limitation to queue as full premades in AV. This was confirmed by Blizzard as an exploit and it was hotfixed 3! times. It was in fact hurting alliance puggers more before the first hotfix who would suffer from alliance premades queue dodging leaving them alone when gate opened. You could also see many alliance puggers complaining over that.

It was a new kind of exploit unique for Classic.

The horde AND alliance base backdoor is a terrain feature available in every Vanilla version of AV and not a new kind of exploit only for one faction.

But again, I have said this a million times. By all means, close it. Horde don’t care. It’s not needed and is never winning any AV games that I have seen. It’s a non issue in nerfed AV. But it’s really hypocritical to rage over alliance backdoor only when both bases have a backdoor that are authentic.

I think both backdoor are stupid. In fact I think all terrain and buildings trick jumps are stupid.

1 Like

The only one who is raging here is you. Go back and start reading again the post.

You could have easily said something like " yeah, the horde has a bug similar to this too and it needs to be fixed"

Not turning this in a horde vs alliy thing, be constructive, not toxic. :+1:

4 Likes

Why would I say that when it’s not my opinion though?

Bugs that was part of core gameplay experience in Vanilla retail shall be part of Classic.

Both backdoors was part of every AV version of Vanilla retail.

I don’t care if they close it but I’m not gonna ask for this or any other change.

1 Like

Of course it’s not your opinion when it doesn’t affect you, or your game experience and I understand that, but when you have many ally players complaining about this, don’t you think it’s a bit of truth there?

Yes, they were, I’ve played vanilla thank you. This gameplay experience you are talking about was a bad experience, especially when it has a huge impact on the BG.

If you don’t care about this topic then why are you replying to this topic? The guy made a simple and humble request which is really easy to fix.

5 Likes