Fix AV pls!

As people have said above you could have rolled alliance (I play alliance specificall for short BG queues). There is another way you can personally help reduce queues though. Every time you go in an AV spam chat telling horde to let alliance past and not turtle.

The way horde plays is awful for alliance. YOu drag games right out unecessarily. Speeding them up does two things. YOur games will end faster which means people can requeue sooner and get into games faster. IT also makes it much less unpleasant for alliance so they are willing to queue up much more. I know many alliance players (including me on one of my chars) refuse to play AV even though we want the rep rewards just because of how hellish it has become.

This AV weekend me and a few others have even been trying out a new tactic of hiding all alliance players right from the start and letting horde run north just to try stop the turtle games they want to create. Has worked amazingly well actually, but you (as a horde player) can’t control what alliance does, so start working on the horde side to speed matches up.

3 Likes

Not going to happen. Nobody wants to “let it end faster” when they sit in queues for 30-90 minutes each time, you know? They’ve got their reason to make it last.
You’re the one who doesn’t want to win enough to turtle every game like a proper team.

Up to them. Not my problem since I don’t play that BG except for AV weekends (and even then I have got strategies to force horde to end it fast). If they want long games, they can accept the long queues that come with it.

1 Like

Which surprisingly more people than you’d think actually does. Not everyone whines about queue times like the OP, you know?

The OP does complain about queue times though and it is obviously him that I am replying to. I have pointed out part of the reason for the long queues and offered a way to help deal with the problem.

1 Like

The biggest reason is the widespread mindset problems though, not the way the horde plays. So even if Horde would play like the Russians, it still wouldn’t have a big impact on queue times.

The only real way to solve it is to remove solo queue. No need for automatic matchmaking for xrealm teammates in this ranking system anyway. Alliance can only win as full premades, because the mindset goes to hell otherwise.

It fixes most problems in PvP, you know? It’s just that the entitled solo casual whiners wants everything handed to them in LFR-level of difficulty.

Let me add again that in Vanilla when things was not so min/max oriented things were more even as PvPers were more evenly spread across both factions. (as people didnt really care to much for racials)

I played Horde back in the days and the queue was almost instant on some occasions to extend to 15 min at most. Alliance would more than frequently kick our butts as we would kick their butt also. AV was 50/50 win ratio most of the time. Those were the days indeed.

As i said, pick gnome or dwarf.
Human is bad for pvp aswell, dont make excuses about racials.

hello,

AV map is completly in Alliance favour

Graveyards:
Horde graveyards easy to cap, a rush to IB is much succesfull than a SH rush and it has 1 way for escape which tbh many hordes use it without cheking the warnings, FW is in open sight, SP also much better to be defended due to hills, both Alliance gy have one way out and easy to defend and turtle, Horde base is empty from npc, alliance base is full with dwarfs, a rush to Hut is much easy than a rush to Aids.
Towers:
Alliance bunkers are not so easy to cap, archers will target you from almost any position, Horde towers are easy to cap by just going inside and tap the flag after ccing the lt.
Base:
Alliance base is easy to defend by the bridge and tons of dwarfs inside plus bunker archers targeting everyone, Horde base is a walk in the park avoiding almost any npc, and almost no tower archers targets, Aids much harder to cap than Relief, allies recalls are on the flag, horde recalls are furter away from flag. A rush in Horde base is cake than a rush in Alliance base.
Paths:
Both factions have 3 ways of attack, east, west and middle, horde apparently always use middle path. Both factions have a choke point, Horde at TP, Alliance at IWB. Alliance have a longer run from respawn point in case SH is caped, Horde have longer way from respawn point if FW is caped, as you ressurect in cave.

From what i remember AV at this layout was a nightmare for the Horde 16 years ago, losing almost every one or just turtle games for 5-6 hours.
Horde is more motivated to win due to weak defences, mentality have changed, the spirit of never give up has evolved in years and no allies will pass middle from now on. Horde is a one mind togheter in AV, focused on the win path.

Have fun.

Actually its not the map that needs fixing, its the players mentality alliance side, THE reason horde win 99% of the time in av is simply, HORDE WITH DIVE AND PUSH INTO THE BACK LINE OF THE ALLIANCE forcing the alliance team to recoil and curve back on themselves, allowing the horde to focus and nuke down alliance fast, and they end up rolling up entire alliance teams as a result, Horde players have ALWAYS been good at brawls.

Majority of the time alliance keep repeating the same actions over and over again, expecting a different result and mentally its a case of “meh, we cant win this, everyone one goto the hill of shame”…

I also on an alliance character got called a snitch because I was calling out AFKers and telling alliance players on the BG chat to report them and exactly where abouts on the map they were afking, and AFKers are a BIG problem alliance side that needs fixing, ie go back to blizzards old policy which was if players were not contributing to a BG, they ended up with a temp ban from the BGs and stripped of all honour, gear etc gains that had been made and basically reset back to zero.

Strip the AFKers of everything they’ve gained AFKing and set them back to zero and you’ll stop seeing so many damn afkers alliance side, maybe then alliance might just start winning more AVs

Actually there is 2 choke points in AV, one by IF GY horde side and one by SH GY, if either side holds either choke point they can just end up grinding a LOT of honour points and end up grinding down the opposing factions will to the point one side or the other ends up giving up.

There is currently 1 single AV in the entire EU battle group.

Please consider introducing the later era fix that makes people res at the cave only if no other GYs are available.

It may not be fully authentic but the situation requires looking into.

1 Like

Seriously what do you want to fix? This is all horde players and partially blizzards doing.
Every pvper wanted to play the big orc and undead because some youtubers told them they are OP in pvp and now here you have it 90+ minutes queues.
And blizzard axed the premades so even less of the Alliance players are willing to put up with it beyond the exalted rep.
Enjoy waiting or play Alliance. Blizzard could potentialy fix the map and give alliance a fair starting chance and that could mean more Alliance joining but they can’t do anything about tens of thousands orc minmaxers.

1 Like

Bring in the 600 resources… this will cut the BG time!

go to hell with this noob resources, it’s literally killing alterac, you don’t need to take objective, you need to farm like unbrain 600 player and win.

No need to fix map ? bro you start close to the middle of the map, we start 100% north, when i play on horde with my 60% MOUNT i come to SH at the same time as alliance and no pb with this ? hope you go in av after 1hour and all alliance leave the bg at the begin, enjoy you’re 1 hour wasting time

1 Like

Dunno about anyone else here but the only times the Alliance seem to win AV from my experience are the russian premades.

rest of EU just tends to flop about and crumple. Mind Horde EU players are not very good at handling russians either.

it gets utterly boring as horde aswell.

but at this point i doubt ppl are actually interested in even pvp since the rewards means more then the experience

There is only one thing that can fix AV and that is revert it back to the old que, when Alliance could premade. Blizzard broke the AV que and that is why Alliance are on such a huge losing streak. Time to fix it again.

Make people res at cave only if no other “home” GY are available (SH, SP, AS for alliance, IB, FW, RH for horde)

It would a be huge help in mitigating the obscene advantage currently held by the horde.

Advantage given by the ability to res in waves of 20 pretty much in the middle of the map.

Not sure if even that would work at this point, horde would just turtle even harder making AV HPH worse than premade WSG/AB, which means no rankers would play AV anyway. It doesn’t matter if Alliance can premade in AV, if the premade is composed of undergeared alts.

Being able to premade is an unfair, unintended advantage.

A balanced map/GY mechanics are a good thing.

There have been plenty of changes, fixing av map imbalance should happen too.

But I no longer have any faith in blizzard at all.

1 Like