Fix for Repeat Instance Bug Exploit

The answer to all your questions is: LAYERING

“I want this but I wouldn’t be brave enough to make that decision” is what makes people hypocrites. But there’s quite a few of you out there so don’t worry too much about that.

Just know that there’s more than enough people who’d gladly send Blizzard incredibly awful mails, posts or reports due to things such as those you’ve recommended. And well, you wouldn’t be willing to take the backlash, and most importantly the hit in the moneybags, so neither would, or should for that matter, Blizzard.

1 Like

Ye right… because i have the power to make decisions for blizzard… and nope im not sending mails to them…

If I HAD by chance, I would already banned every abuser or even re-launched the whole game.

All these dum dums who don’t understand that the game would be unplayable if they removed layering completely is so frustrating to see…

Good on Blizzard for acting on this issue, and hopefully we’ll see some 30 day bans going out.

2 Likes

Oh, forums always will moan. There will be no violation but people will moan mages can pull more than one mob. It won’t end with layering.

Well let’s just both be glad that you don’t have that power because you wouldn’t be able to enter the internets again without being called out, insulted or even worse. I guess it’s for the best that some people have power while others don’t.

1 Like

Yeah blame me cos I want a working game without cheaters and abusers…

If I had to take blame for it, so be it…

1 Like

I’d blame you if you were to reset my hard earned and non exploited character progress. But again, let’s both be glad that you don’t have any power over such decisions. You wouldn’t be happy with it and neither would millions of other people.

1 Like

Sadly, I doubt that you will be able to track down every single one who abused this.
People went crazy farming tons of Scholo/Strat bosses etc. over and over with this abuse. Tens of thousands of gold for many single characters, all of the economical damage caused by this. The insane amount of gear farmed.

How do you hope to track all of this down and revert the damage done? I doubt it. I also doubt you’ll even hand out more than a 3 day or 7 day “slap on the wrist” for people who abused this.

The only solution would be a total rollback or fresh servers untainted by this massive exploit, but I guess that ain’t happening. Really unfortunate.

2 Likes

Thank god you’re not in charge of anything.

1 Like

I also put lots of work for my char, but I rather sacrifice this work if i must for later I will have a better gameplay, without cheaters and stuff…

Yes people will be mad, they are even mad now.

1 Like

And I didn’t even been in UBRS… Not sure if anyone did MC on our realm. It’s between exploiters and Blizzard, it should not involve us. It can be annoying for sure but either way I log in and do my stuff. It would be perfect if Blizz would clean things up - but even so it would not impact my gameplay directly. If they leave it as is or ignore more and more problems to a critical point of it directly affecting the player then for sure a question if I should continue would arise.

Just dont come back later crying why game is abused over and over again…

What an excellent idea, and will blizzard also cover the vacation people used to maximize their initial grind to 60? no?

Just because a bunch of ____ people abused game mechanics is hardly reason to punish innocent by standers.

Just perma ban them, and flag any large transfers as RMT and delete that gold.

1 Like

Okay, and what about people who bought their stuff or take their gold without knowing that they abused it? You gonna remove their stuff too?

You literaly left group, called for random invite to get to other layer where whole instance was “fresh” and then reinvited your old group into repopulated instance. If you done it fast enought to not get kicked out of instance, you could even sit right at desired farmable boss without doing whole instance again. Or (in extreme) repeat whole raid instace, which is in different layer again repopulated.

Its straight related to layering.

Here is a question from a software developer to the dev team, and I know its gonna go unanswered:

Why the heck were instances part of layers in the first place?

The purpose of a layer, aka. an instance of the open game world, is so you can distribute server load for dealing with players and their interactions on multiple physical cores per server.

Now then, an instance is a closed off environment, with no interaction, barring those between the 5-40 guys inside, with the limited environment. What exactly drove you to apparently tie that instance to the server that also serves the game world (layer) these guys just left through the instance portal, instead of putting the instances on servers of their own?

There doesn’t need to be continuity here. Heck, it can even include a slight lag for the transformation, who cares, everyone is served a loading screen anyway.

As I said, I know this will go unanswered. I just wanted to point out how absurd this mechanism is from an engineering point of view.

Fail.

12 Likes

Or what if ill go to buy Robe of Archmage pattern to sell it later when prices will back to normal eventually.

Permaban the abusers!

6 Likes

Great, now it is time to ban this plague of cheating streamers (Asmongold, Sodapoppin, Esfand, etc).

6 Likes