Flamelash, the first server to die

You say that but you hit the ground before the float hits the water lol

This is dumb, its not a community problem. Individual players will act in their best interest and its blizzard’s job to achieve an acceptable balance by giving proper incentives or penalties. This is like saying “lowering interest rates are dumb people just need to spend more”. It doesn’t work like that in real world honey. Blizzard failed to address this problem when they could without being intrusive and before its out of hand, and now most pvp servers will inevitably implode like this. They can still scrap the terrible idea of cross realm bgs and punish faction stacking and allow free transfers for dominant side but I suspect they have anyone on the team except an intern and his cat.

10 Likes

Except people didn’t act in their best interest. That acted for short sighted gratification rather than what is actually good for them.

Anyone, absolutely anyone who thought about it even for a second could see what was going to happen.

15 Likes

Go and be a raid ninja in a server with an actual community, act in your “own interest” and see if you don’t get shunned. It’s why low ninjas hop servers and name changes. There’s such thing as a community judgement of what is acceptable behaviour or not in a social game.
We just lost it, since vanilla, since currently the game is played as an action loot-pinata instead of an actual RPG.

6 Likes

People acting in their best interest doesn’t mean they will always be right. In financial markets people act in their best interest but a lot of people lose money. It simply means they will put their own benefit above all else, and its blizzards job to give them a proper incentives so that people acting on their own benefit will result in relatively healthy servers.

5 Likes

Can agree releasing honour without BG’s was an absolutely stupid decision. Will not deny that.

But by the other token the community (well alot of individuals within it) decided what to do about it. Their answer was nothing… And now because none of em could grow up a bit and lay off everyone is gonna have to deal with the fallout.

2 Likes

If you ninja an item you will lose reputation and friends, its not really is in your best interest. In the context of server balance this is a ridiculous and meaningless analogy because community has no way of punishing players for faction stacking.

2 Likes

Should of had population softcaps for factions. Didn’t get in before horde side filled up? Too bad go alliance or change servers and be horde there.

First come first serve, just like naming your character.

21 Likes

As I said in my other post, Blizzard only has 2 options:

A) Add faction queues for the majority faction on each PvP server ( doubtful they have any plans of introducing such a feature, since it goes against what Vanilla was back in the day )

B) Allow people ( or the minority faction, given that they are the one who suffer ) to transfer from a PvP server to a PvE one. That will possibly result in many of the Horde dominated servers to wind up like Flamelash. Huge playgrounds for Horde players.

It’s not. Their job is to preserve Classic and keep it as close to Vanilla as possible.

I will again repeat myself and say that it’s the PLAYERS who brought this to themselves. Now, they’re beginning to feel the side-effects of their actions.

You reap what you sow.

7 Likes

Wasn’t aware vanilla had servers with 15k player caps and layers. Try again later.
I also wasn’t aware its ok for a game to be unplayable but apparently that topic might be a tad too advanced at this point.

6 Likes

You are aware the community waved away a more vanilla pop cap because “it would be dead” right?

Blizz gave what was asked for.

2 Likes

Congratulations on completely missing the point.

4 Likes

Did you have a point to begin with? All you’ve done so far is post nothing but rubbish in the hopes of winding other people up.

Trolling in other words.

2 Likes

No I got you, I do think are totally ignoring any community input into the situation to conveniently pin everything on blizzard.

Its a problem created out of a perfect storm. Just you cannot wash your hands of it.

I remember reading multiple people talking about how mature and self respecting the vanilla community was. Really it just seems many never actually grew up at all.

4 Likes

I explained why this is not a community problem by using a dumbed down analogy and you claimed it wasn’t blizzard’s job to keep their game entrertaining (or “playable” for a couple servers) as long as they made it look like the original game as an answer, ignoring the fact that the root of this problem is they made drastic changes over vanilla. So pardon me if I ignore your equally dumb upcoming posts.

4 Likes

Hahaha, now the horde starts whining aswell?

As I stood by the:
“You choose PvP servers, you get what you deserve!” statement.

I also stand by the:
“You monsters choosed to do so many mean things to the Alliance players, you brought this on yourselves, you get what you deserve!” statement.

PvP is one thing, but just because you can:
1v40.
kill FP NPC.
camp and gank every Alliance player on the way to a Raid dungeon.
corpse camp people.

Doesn’t mean you should! :laughing:

The game let’s you do a lot of things on a PvP server and just because you can it doesn’t mean it won’t have any consequences! :grinning:

Maybe you should think about what you have done, before you guys start all the whining aswell!

27 Likes

Functionally? The game was playable.

Unless you now suggest controlling player behaviour can be achieved by developers now.

And here, ladies and gentlemen, we have a prime example of a delusional using straw man logic, as well as twisting the words of the posters that he’s attempting to argue with.

On a positive note, we can both agree to ignore each other. No doubt that you will feel the need to get ‘the last word’, just to stick it to the man!

Here, have the last word. Feel free to reply to this post. You will receive no answer.

2 Likes

apparently I can’t post links

go wiki and type invisible hand

your welcome

1 Like

I’m not arguing that developers can’t tailor situations to their liking. Ofc they can do that.

But this is what they had to work with “no changes!”… “pop cap would be too low realms would be dead”… “too invasive!”… “get rid of x”… “remove y!”…

Seriously… You want something different. But when it is different you don’t want it. Make up your minds.

I would’ve thought that is why they kept in sharding to allow for more faction balance… Can see how well that was received. Even you don’t like it.

2 Likes