For me, the phases are comming to fast :/ Im i the only one?

It just feels like a rush :frowning:

I Raid MC/BWL and enjoy Battlegrounds. But ZulGurub so fast after BWL ?

What’s next, AQ40 in 2 Months ? Nax in September ?

I do not know why the paste is they way it is, maybe the Streamers got bored after 2 weeks of BWL, but i feel rushed :confused:

I want to enjoy it, to gear up, to play twinks and gear them up, to make stupid but funny stuff, but now im afraid this game will be over in about half a year :frowning:

Is there a plan behind this ? A reason ? Are the players leaving classic and the management uses the releases to bring back the Numbers ? (which will work in short terms for sure)

And … am i the only one who would like it a little bit slower ?

28 Likes

I initially thought they were going too fast, but now all the raid content is on farm I’m ready for more new content. Thing is, guilds will still be doing MC, Ony, BWL, ZG, AQ20,40, Naxx every single week - they’re not going anywhere and the gear needed isn’t going anywhere. Mid-April feels like a life-time away to wait for ZG :frowning:

1 Like

I think changes are slow. Back in 2005 there were changes every month, some buffs and bugfixes and minor things added.
Also absolutely speaking the game is slower, Zul Gurub released 7 months after the EU release and now it will be out 8 months after the EU release. BWL also came later than back in the old days, relatively speaking.

The games is slower than ever while players are being vastly more hardcore.

7 Likes

Worry not, you are not alone, Vilkas, I like to take my time too. I know it´s not easy, but one just has to “block” it out, when the world around us is moving too fast.

There´s still so much greatness ahead, if you take your time, so that´s a positive thing, one could say :slight_smile:

I might be way off, but I cannot imagine the game being “over”. Even if TBC servers gets released. There will always be this hardcore Classic fanbase to keep things alive.

I think the reasoning behind this is to make the world feel “alive”, essentially, and perhaps yes, to avoid people cancelling their subscription.

Enjoy Classic :four_leaf_clover:

4 Likes

I haven’t even reached lvl 60 yet. I wanted to do funny world pvp things but I guessed that train left months ago… It feels more and more like I am playing retail (except for the talent trees). That said I know I don’t belong to the main group of players but the minority so my opinion on this topic holds little value.
The game is still fun though! Not as fun as around release but I enjoy myself most of the time!

1 Like

I agree they should slow down. It feels like the retail mentality has filtered down to classic. Everything is rush, rush, rush.

3 Likes

Should I be the one pointing out that, aside from Dire Maul, the release pace has been the same as back in Vanilla? Why should it be any slower than that?

And yes, even back then ZG came 2 months after BWL

6 Likes

I don’t think they are coming too fast, more than the order of the content release could have been changed to prevent problems we are now running into (and which we also ran into in Vanilla).

ZG was released as an emergency measure due to content drought outside of 40-man raiding during Vanilla. This drought I feel is here again and could have been prevented by moving up the release of ZG. I’m sure there are other things that could have been tweaked to spread out content release more and prevent droughts in certain areas.

I actually think they should start rolling out AQ (even if it’s just the unlock event) 3 months after BWL, rather than just ZG, as people are consuming the content so fast. Most serious raiding guilds cleared BWL week 1 and on my server the majority of more casual guilds had Nef down in weeks 2 and 3.

:man_facepalming: I guess you think retail is also the reason for corona aswell?

4 Likes

Nope I blame the Chinese wet markets for Corona.

I believe a release pace close to one in Vanilla would be ideal to simulate the Vanilla experience, which is the intended purpose of Classic, and it seems Blizzard tends to agree.

Gachibass 10chars

2 Likes

They push it to fast imo…

If you are bored, lvl an alt, go pvp, go grind. Its a ton of things to do in Classic.

I hope Classic servers remain Classic for ever! I want raid all classes :heart_eyes::ok_hand:

1 Like

Do you really expect Blizz to releases phases slower than they did back in 2005-06, just to satisfy a few altoholics?

Seriously, I wonder if all these “Blizz is going too fast” people have played back in Vanilla to begin with

4 Likes

Pace is fine IMO. The same as it was back in Vanilla.

Enjoy Classic and get ready for the desired TBC announcement.

What exactly is too fast…?

It’s just following the vanilla release times aside from DM.
You can tell who didn’t play back then and only played private servers lol.

What makes you not able to gear up twinks and level them up etc?..

If go by the vanilla guideline: AQ40 will be out 3-4 months after ZG.

1 Like

Are you joking? That’s too fast! Should be 2021 at the earliest :joy:

1 Like

2021 will be TBC release, it’s all but been officially announced at this point. Only question is when in 2021. I have a feeling this whole Corona situation is going to give Blizzard just the excuse they were looking for to push back the release of Shadowlands into 2021 (and if that means it will be a better expansion again, great, no objections), but that in turn will push back the release of TBC as the content cycles of both will be related to each other…

That depends almost entirely on market analyses. Blizzard doesn’t have the luxury to do w/e they want. If Shadowlands is postponed it’ll be because they must