For those of you who think/hope that Blizzard will rebalance classic TBC..it won't happen

So apparently AQ40 was cleared in 1h 30 min with C’thun being a cakewalk. I know that many people hoped AQ40 would provide a decent challenge for the WoW classic community, but it ultimately failed to deliver. The raid is simply too easy in this day and age, same as with the rest of the content in vanilla. Naxx won’t be any different since reportedly players on private servers, that were tuned more difficult than the current official classic ones, were clearing the place easily in 2h. Combine the above with the problem of botting and the automatic reporting/banning farce and you will know that Mr Brack was absolutely correct: “You think you do, but you don’t”, and we all owe him an apology.

Now, I have seen several posts about players asking blizzard to rebalance stuff in classic TBC so that the content will not be too easy there as well. One guy even suggested that blizzard should just nerf the stats on all loot that drops in TBC. This will never happen. Do you honestly think Blizzard will just: “Ok, let’s decrease all stats on the items by 50% and hopefully it will work!”. No. The amount of tuning and testing that would be required after such a drastic itemization change are definitely more resources than Blizzard is willing to spend on the Classic servers.

Blizzard will never rebalance anything in TBC in order to try and make it more difficult. It’s not going to happen. Forget about it. They will release classic TBC as it was and say: “Here you go, that’s TBC. If it’s too easy, go and try mythic+ in Shadowlands. Good bye”.

11 Likes

Careful with mentioning J. Allen Brack and “owing him an apology” in the same sentence here.

I was one of the few who actually agreed with him back then but of course there is no point arguing with cultists.

1h 30? Onslaught cleared in like 35 mins (optionals skipped).

It’s sad the way C’Thun got nerfed and the trash seems to be broken aswell.
If anything, it’s a big letdown for those that wanted some step-up content (AQ).

If Blizzard doesn’t do something, and doesn’t make TBC like it used to be (lots of attunements, hard heroics, good raids with decent scaling), then I’m not even going to try it out. TBC is and always was my favourite expansion, and I’m so much looking forward to it, but I want a TBC that is how it was, not a nerfed crappy casual version of it.

If anything, they can upscale bosses (+5% damage, hp and armor/resistance) to make it harder, rather than rebalancing all the gear drops.

3 Likes

Is there actual numerical and factual proof that the encounters got nerfed, or is it just Classic players trying to deny reality again that it was actually never hard?

7 Likes

What makes ya’ll think TBC is even gonna happen? Serious question.

Fact is that C’Thun got changed to be a joke now, he used to be unkillable on paper back in Classic. Now he’s a walk in the park.
Eyebeam got changed drastically, so much so that the hardest part of the encounter is now completely gone

You are referring to Ions post about C’Thun being “mathematically impossible”? Did you seriously expect Blizzard to release this version of him? And even then I am sure it would not be mathematically impossible nowadays.

Blizzard tune content in TBC or riot

Why do you all think that the low difficulty of Classic WoW is due to patch 1.12? Even Kungen is saying the same thing on twitter. Vanilla WoW is too easy in this day and age because we have played WoW for over 15 years. It has nothing to do with patch 1.12. Even in patch 1.1 it would still have been too easy, because we know everything about the game.

The exact same thing goes for TBC. We know everything about TBC. Everything about the encounters, what items are best, what specs are best. Everything. So TBC will be too easy as well.

1 Like

Ofcourse not, mainly because of all the wbuffs and whatnot… But then again, it would’ve made AQ more enjoyable! Releasing him in the state he is in right now is just a joke.

World of Casualcraft / World of Retail — #Nochanges

1 Like

I’m not so sure about that, TBC was considerably harder and more more fine-tuned when it comes to dungeons/raids than Classic is. Yes we may have game knowledge and whatnot, but TBC itself was just harder in general.

If they ever release it (and I hope they will), they should at least upscale bosses to make it hard even though we know all tactics.

Then why did Nihilum clear everything in TBC much faster than in Vanilla? It’s because they knew the game better by the time TBC was released. You are a fool if u think that TBC will provide any more significant difficulty than vanilla.

If you want difficulty, go to retail.

It’s been fixed, he’s still easy.
Classic/vanilla has always been easy.
Stop being delusional lmao.

TBC will also be steamrolled through… everyone KNOWS the content and will min-max it regardless.

We may?

Dude, it’s 15 years that people are theorycrafting everything of this game, with the added bonus that in 2007 internet was crap in most places and now every information possible ever is a google search away. We have tools, we have sims, everything is calculated to perfection.
No past expansion played now is going to be “hard” unless they randomize it.

3 Likes

This is very pleasing news on all accounts for myself.

I have refuted people who played vanilla and claimed that AQ40 and Naxx is hard and every player needs to perform exceptionally at every time or will cause the raid-wide wipe - I just don’t believe it and i expect almost every player that wants to down Kel’Thuzad to do so in classic and i’m looking forward to being proved correct.

It really is seeming more black and white that most of the complaints and requests for change are coming from PvP server players, that both champion PvP servers being the real game and complain without relief about PvP or the result of PvP. Thus I expect PvE servers will avoid most of the issues that PvP servers will have in TBC.

In terms of difficulty, for context this is a video game. “Challenge” is an odd word to use to me. Unless you’re a professional nothing someone can accomplish is “real”. As it has no real world consequences.

If i want a challenge i’ll try and run a marathon, learn a new language or try and get a spot in a local sports team. If i’ve already done one of those i’ll try and go faster, score more points/goals/runs, learn a more complex language. All of which are more useful than pressing buttons on a keyboard/mouse in a better sequence than someone else. In short i’m not that worried about being in the top 1%, which probably requires a comparable amount of effort.

Finally I will take some relish in those on my server that have been camping black-lotus for the last 12 months having to sell them off at a fraction of what they wanted.

1 Like

I think the real question would be “Harder for whom, exactly?”

Because it feels like some of you expected/hoped that some of these raids wouldn’t be cleared on day 1, period. That’s silly. No past raid would survive more than a day. They could release ICC25hc, Mythic Tomb of Sargeras or w/e and it would still be cleared in a single day at least by some guilds. Not because they “were never hard”, but simply because now we know the fights, we already have the right addon settings and we can minmax our raids (races, professions, class stacking etc.) better than back then.

Ofc, this isn’t to say that Classic raids are especially easy, but I doubt everyone and their little dog will clear AQ40 effortlessly, and I am even more skeptical the same will happen with Naxx… or TBC. Because yes, if they release TBC in its 2.4 state the early raid tiers will be much easier, but on the other hand SWP will still be there in its full glory to be a roadblock for most non hardcore guilds to overcome.

Personally, I think all it would take for TBC to be a good challenge is for early content to be released in its unnerfed state.

2 Likes

How are you both asking for tbc to be launched as it was and also asking for buffs for the bosses? It’s either buffed or exactly as it was. As long as they apply the -ACTUAL- nerfs in the same timeline they did in tbc it will be the same. If it’s easy then it’s easy.

No one makes you play this game, what’s up with ya all guys :
If you hate it so much and it clearly provides no entertainment for you, just leave it. No need to waste your time on this.

1 Like

Idk if you are new here, but on the WoW forums, there is only two things that you can do:

1. Enjoy the game and play.
  2. Dont enjoy the game and complain while still playing.

The idea of not playing WoW is alien to these people here. There are no other games on the planet except WoW for them.

People think that because top 1% guilds clear.content in under an hour, that everyone will steamroll it… and half of these people claiming here that content is too easy havent cleared BWL yet, i can bet… they are just livig the game through their favorite APES/Onslaught or whatever streamers…

1 Like