For those who enjoys Dragonflight

The game is like walking into your garage and your wife replaced the tool racks with rows of funko pops, plushies and pride flags.

OP is just in denial that maybe after all these years of playing the same game he is getting tired of it. If raiding, M+ and PvP and some world content don’t suit your needs anymore, it’s time for another game or maybe even a complete different genre of games since it’s pretty much the core of WoW and most MMO’s. That’s exactly why I very recently decided to quit WoW and not renew my sub anymore as well, not because DF is bad because imo it isn’t but because I’m just tired of WoW and MMO’s in general after playing them for many years. Took me a while to realize so maybe OP needs to do the same.

1 Like

I’ve been starting to do this as well. Since Blizzard isn’t giving me daily content, I’m spreading out the content so I have something to do each day. It’s not great to do it like this, but for now it works.

I’m hoping 10.0.5’s world content update will be worthwhile. :slight_smile:

BFA was fine. It had a rough start but after the 2nd patch went live the Azerite system was vastly improved and everyone was having a good time. The Raids were good, the dungeons were good, the wPvP experience was awesome. The third patch was equally good with the visions of N’Zoth adding more activities to do. The only reason that the N’Zoth patch was criticized was because of the plot, which admittedly had issues with how the final cinematic was handled or how N’Zoth was rushed in general.

With that out of the way…

I am not aure why only “new” content somehow counts but the new Raid and the new dungeons are new content as well you know. And so far I enjoy them all. Of course, some a lot more than others. The Alg’ethar Academy is my personal favourite for example.

Also, wPvP is alive again. DF copied everything BFA was doing right and improved on it. If you wonder of what I am talking about, I can go into more details. Personally, I would love to have Alliance and Horde hubs as well, which could be raided or infiltrated. But it’s ok… We cannot have everything in this life, can we? Btw, Shadowlands FAILED to provide a good wPvP experience.

Open world content in general, is more alive than ever. With tons of things to do outside of instances. The zones are vast, exploration is rewarded with the occasional easter egg, rare gathering node, questline or renown.

Speaking about renown, this new renown system is so well made that I believe all reputations from now on should be handled similarly.

The world is not only more alive than ever but many of the new locations are a treat for RPers. There is an option for example to empty some buildings of NPCs so you can RP in peace. There are also many other empty buildings in Veldraken which can be used for RP as well. It’s nice to see some love for the RP community which was consistently neglected the last 10 years.

Oh, and I love the new professions and the work orders. Simple as that… Of course it needs some QoL changes but we will get there eventually.

And let’s not forget about Dragonriding itself… Which is PERFECT!

Last but not least, the new PvP scaling and Solo Shuffling are the reasons I bother sweating in Arenas. And the fact you can gear up so easily for PvP in DF makes non-rated BGs infinitely more fun as well.

Oh I strongly disagree there. 8.3 was imo THE worst patch in years (rivaled only by WoD’s infamous selfie patch). Visions were HORRIBLE content, those powers were a TERRIBLE idea. I hated what they did with Uldum and Vale of Eternal Blossoms; it truly just ruined those zones and made them horrible (which I suppose was the idea; but no, just nooo).

All of that is ofcourse just my opinion. Still; I stand by it.

To each his own.

I loved all the things you say you didn’t like. There is nothing more to say here.

I think you mean 8.3. 9.3 is in the expansion that should not be named.

PS BfA was horrible all around, the one that came after it was somehow worse. Right now I’m having way more fun in DF than I did in Legion, I only wish we had more class specific things like order halls or class quests but what can you do.

You are ofcourse correct. I guess it’s time for me to go to bed (after making a correction). :slight_smile: Cheers.

This! I so much agree with this. Personally, when I feel I am getting burned out I just stop playing. WoW would have been a much better place if everyone was doing the same.

Well… The zones it launched with were awesome. I still love Boralus as a hub; best city in the game bar none imo.
And looking back after Shadowlands the WQs weren’t bad in BfA tbh; albeit they just weren’t very worthwhile; but as Shadowlands and now DF has been teaching us: There’s worse things they can do with WQs than make them ‘not worthwhile’ (meaning: giving them multiple tiers to complete like in SL or giving them 3.5 day cooldowns like in DF).

BfA also had warfronts which were nice for the first 2-3 times, they just got old/boring fast. The overal transmog in that expansion was also quite alright.

But the zones more than anything made BfA tolerable for me. With the exception of Nazjatar, I loved 'm all.

Compared to Legion/BFA/SL

Positive:

• No more AP (artifact/azerite/anima) farming
  • No more power system (artifact/relic, azerite/essence, soulbinds/conduits)
  • Account wide stuff (dragon riding, renown, etc.)

It is undoubtedly a less grinding and more alt-friendly expac.

Negative:

• Systems in professions (it is just my personal opinion, it can be a positive for people who likes to play professions)
1 Like

Battle for Dazar’alor had some awesome music.

1 Like

Ehm the only zone I liked was Drustvar, and I liked the story in Nazmir (horde side), everything else felt really generic imo.

As for Boralus and Dazar’alor I think both of them would have been great if everything wasn’t so neatly packed into one small part of the area (dock at B and top of the pyramid in D’A) and leaving those huge spaces pretty much useless. Like there was almost no reason to go to the cool castle district in Boralus.

Hated Warfronts from day 1 and the only mog I actually liked from BfA was the alliance warfront plate.

TY for this discussion, because I have been pretty possitive about the game for
quite some time now and I do have a reputation to maintain.

1 Like

Actually you are correct and not only that but BfA had quite a good soundtrack for the most part.

1 Like

What feature, which new content ppl enjoyed in wotlk? Mop?
Those expansions were great without new shiny systems. There were dungeons, raids and PvP. I’m not sure that pet battles in mop were holding so much ppl love this expac, though…
Difference between sl and df that I finally can enjoy content I like instead of content I’m forced to do. Df is typical wow expansion we got before legion. Torghast, expeditions, warfronts, azerith/essence/artefact power etc farm is not content I can enjoy. It’s not even content for me. It’s chore that I don’t want to do but if I don’t do it then I can’t do raids, m+ and PvP which is im playing for. I did that in sl and got burnt out completely after s1 and stopped playing the game. It’s awful grind that shouldn’t exist in wow. Wow always was one of the less grindy mmorpg. In the best wow times ppl were enjoying raidlogging once per week and they weren’t complaining it’s no content in the game. Legion is cancer that made habitat for ppl to sit here 24/7 doing chores for carrot reward and feeling bad if they don’t get some reward all the time for every fart they do. But it can be cured with df. I hope ppl will find a way to get relaxed in the game again instead of unstoppable dopamine stimulation. It’s not healthy for game and players.

1 Like

M+ is somehow even worse than both Legion and BFA.

Raid is bleh? Blizzard still have not added instant spawn at boss mechanics, or the option to instant summon people to raids without locks.

Also, why just one raid, it´s a dragon expansion, having a 1 boss dragon raid, or two-boss dragon raid and then a 6 boss main raid would have been more creative, and at least shaked things up.

Really impressive how Blizzard have done nothing to WoW´s endgame.

That being said, I do enjoy how Blizzard have managed to do so much casual social content. Like grinding Hunts in big raids. Which yes, whilst mindless can lead to social interactions. Reminded me a lot of the fishing raids in Legion.

I also don´t hate every zone, unlike Shadowlands. Although I do wish every zone were more interesting and distinct.

Honestly, positively surprised by the casual stuff added to Dragonflight. Although I wish they did more with guilds and that they did not screw up professions that much.

1 Like

Never understood people caring if someone is enjoying something or not. The only question that matters is “Do I enjoy this? and why?” Unless you think most people think like you and you want blizzard to try change something with a suggestion.

It’s almost like when people feel like quitting they have the need to try feel everyone else has to.

3 Likes

you can farm renown/reputations for cosmetics if that’s what you want to do, or you can farm some mounts, the last time they added something that was actually good gameplay besides raid/m+ was in legion with the mage tower, they tried to do torghast in shadowlands but it was just tied to player power and had close to 0 good cosmetics in it, if blizzard just made torghast into mage tower 2.0 with cosmetics only and no player power it would’ve been incredible, but they didn’t, maybe in some later patch we’ll get something similar in dragonflight, who knows, for some reason they seem to hate solo content, even tho mage tower was loved by people specifically cause it was solo and rewarded only really cool cosmetics

1 Like

People can only give a personal opinion they can never ever speak for others.

If you are someone that feels the game is bad. Then it’s bad for you. But its not a bad game overall as some will enjoy it.
It’s just about in individual perspective only.

When people say, everyone thinks xxx or the majority enjoy yyy it’s just made up because they have no idea how othes feel about anything or what makes up a majority or a minority. What people write online may have no relationship to how they feel about the game at all.

3 Likes

The reason some players find “zero to do”, is because they find it hard to play without being “forced” to grind time wasting mechanics that become irrelevant the next major patch. :person_shrugging:

They need someone to tell them how to enjoy WoW, otherwise they are lost.

I personally LOVE the shift away from forcing players to grind a mandatory time limited checklist, which only adds to player power. The new approach where they give players multiple optional grinds, which mostly give fun unlockables, is SO much more enjoyable. :slightly_smiling_face:

I can log into WoW every day and IMMEDIATELY start doing what I find fun, instead of having to do the dreaded “daily checklist before I can have fun”. :roll_eyes:

But enough about that… You asked what “we who enjoy Dragonflight find fun”…

I personally love logging in and PvP. :slightly_smiling_face: I absolutely LOVE how PvP gear has been handled in this expansion, and enjoy leveling one of each class for PvP since alt friendliness has gone up. I think solo shuffle is one of the best additions to the game in a long time, and I LOVE that WPvP is relevant again to such a degree.

Outside of PvP I love doing the activities from the various factions (with WM on of cause :wink:), and I have certain “hot spots” I will patrol between to see if there are any players to kill.

2 Likes