For those who enjoys Dragonflight

Yes, it’s always possible to walk into a raid or dungeon in questing greens. My point is that it wasn’t possible to carry your weight in raids/M+ without first doing a bunch of other, unrelated content – and maintaining upkeep on those unrelated activities so you didn’t fall behind (e.g. Artifact/Azerite Power, legendaries, conduits, renown and so on). In Dragonflight all you need to do more difficult content is better gear, nothing else.

If you don’t like DF, that’s your issue :slight_smile: .

I enjoy :smiley:

1. The fact I can actively play alts again
  2. The new talent system
  3. Dragonriding
  4. Playing through the main storyline once, and after, you can just level in any way you want. I didn’t like the way they did that in SL.
  5. No daily set of WQs per area, every 3.5 days if fine with me. If people want to get max renown in 1 week, that’s their problem.
  6. I actually like the quests I’m doing most of the times
2 Likes

The raid is great. I like the M+ dungeons. World is beautiful and varied. Dragonriding is fast and fun. Professions are in depth and choices mean something. No daily quest grind - just weekly stuff to do and there’s plenty of variety there. TUSKARRS. Nicely designed new main hub with a f-ing auction house in it. Alliance and Horde joint content. Fantasy aesthetic. Feels easier to gear alts than the last expansions.

I could go on. But as you can tell I’m having a blast.

1 Like

I enjoy levelling and exploring the world. I also enjoy Dragonriding.

I stopped playing WoW as an MMORPG after Mists of Pandaria, however. Once I finish with the content that’s available, I’ll unsubscribe and return at the end of the expansion, as always. I don’t enjoy re-watching movies that I’ve already seen, re-reading books that I’ve already read, and I don’t enjoy re-running dungeons and raids that I’ve already ran through once or twice - so I am most likely not reflective of the average MMO-player.

1 Like

While I appreciate that … you are trying to wash your hands thinking I’m in the same boat as you, I must say that I will …disappoint you. I’m playing WoTLK since release with small breaks here and there, and… while I maxed a char in DF and did some M+s.

So yea, no. I’m not bored of WoW. I am tired of pathetic expansions like BfA, Shadowlands and now DF. 3 in a row. There is the problem. Is not me, is them!

Too much conspiracy or what?

The eF are you talking about?

Without as many “mandatory” chores I get to focus on the things I want to do at that point in time.
Sometimes it is fishing, at other times it is rep grind for Centaurs and explorers. Recently I also went back to collecting ores and herbs while waiting for the weekly reset so that I can get back into the raid.

2 Likes
  • I don’t have to make WOW my second job
  • PvP, even if class balance is crap for now
  • Dragonflying
2 Likes

Yes, devs said that they will try to add more stuff to do without it being a chore. It is nice not to do everything at once. But I admit that sometimes I wish there was something more. Maybe not dailies but something similar to mage tower or torghast but more vibrant and random.

1 Like

Agree, no daily grinds helps to focus on preparation to raid, getting gold for expensive enchants and such, or levelling alt for needed professions.

1 Like

I’m enjoying dragonflying and m+ dungeons a lot more now that there’s no conduit BS or legendary ash farm required to actually perform.

Yes we had m+ dungeons before but never without all the BS borrowed power grinds which were seperate grinds from just getting the gear which is how it always worked, I legit did not play shadowlands m+ dungeons because of features like torghast for legendaries and conduits.

Even the conduit catchup costed 10k resources of a resource I only had 5k of when it launched so where I thought with 9.3.5 finally thats one BS hamsterwheel grind taken care of, nope, they want me to get 5k more of arbitrary currency before I could get that: result, I continued to avoid all group content.

Now I can just craft my gear or get it from the dungeon without the game expecting me to go do Torghast for enough resources to do a legendary

I feel like the game I used to enjoy so long ago is finally back, no more developer trying to fill my time with things I have to keep up with or get left in the dust due to infinite Alienware power grinds.

You just get to max and you get the gear, super simple, super solid, just works.

TLDR
The fun for me comes from the removal of unfun mandatory (if you wanted to keep up with the curve) chores for player power that should just be clickable choices in a talent tree tied to your character rather then a table in some zone or the gear you have to refarm to a higher ilvl (like they are now)

There’s more time for other things like finishing collections, leveling the alts I have neglected since SL came out (some are still stuck in the maw to this day) and I’m actually enjoying world quests now that they’re not a daily chore.

1 Like

yes. all our clones and single comment chars… ridiculous. there is Rammstein frontman too!

2 Likes

The resurrection of the crafting system is one.

Raid and M+ is the other one.

Talent trees is another one.

Lack of 6 million borrowed powers you had to grind, which made it very hard and demanding to play your alts. In SL you had to level up, grind out reknown, do the covenant campaign, farm out atleast a base version of your conduits, do the maw, do torghast before you even got to the point to start gearing proper.

Now I can finish the daily tasks, and after that I can spend more time earning money, if I want to, play alts if I want to, or even play other games if I want to.

If you only play one character then it makes sense if you feel there isn’t enough to do though. If that is the case I recommend checking out different classes you did not try yet.

I love the story the lore the quests it’s a very fun expirience!
I like the classes are balanced.
I enjoy spending just 1 day to do some world quest so i can continue farm my stuff from older expansions.
I really love the introduction of old dungeons in M+
And the new raid is fun even for a pug dude like me.
I like a lot the new proffesions.
And i LOVE the fact we have many many new cosmetics!
And i like a lot the talent system!
I love the fact you can craft gear from looting reagents from M+ and they are equal or a bit less from raid gear for those who dosen’t want to raid.
I found fun the new events like the cooking one.
And i like that blizz drop a schedule to see what is coming.
I CAN’T WAIT FOR TRADING POST OMG!

I like it.

I’m no longer feeling chained to it and can be way more relaxed now and play when I feel like playing.

I enjoy exploring the world, doing the quests and seeing the storylines. I think the zones are much more interesting and immersive this time around and they actually feel like zones people could live in. A major difference i feel with this expansion is that when im logging in, im the one deciding what i want to do and not blizzard. I can do the world quests when i want to or not bother at all. I can partake i the evens like the great hunt or the siege - maybe even a bit of soup on the side. Im still working on my reputations, but im in no rush to do them, i can complete them on my own terms when i want to. I do make sure to complete my weekly quests (or at least so many i can be bothered to do). The only thing i kinda feel i have to do is prepare for raiding and get the mythic+ dungeons done that my guild expects of me.

I recently found out that you can transmog legendaries now, so i have also begun working on that.

Then there are things that i have not even begun on yet because of priorities and lack of time. The new profession changes look really interesting and i have not really gotten to do any of that yet, so i still have that to look forward to if i ever run out of things to do.

i think the TLDR is that wow is back to being a fun adventure not exclusively run by gameplay systems, and i think it’s great. I can play the game how i want, when i want.

Yea, don’t see myself renewing my sub. Fingers crossed for 11.0 :crossed_fingers:

I get how this is a positive, problem is, for a sub of 13 euro I would like to feel like logging on every chance I get! But at this point I don’t :pensive:.

I used to be like that but it wasn’t healthy… I played way too much.

1 Like

Wait. We need to convince you there is content and there are things to do in DF?

Hard pass.
Mail your gold to some random people and quit.

1 Like

im tryin to convince him to send gold since BFA. Unfortunately i wasnt successful… yet.

3 Likes