[Forum Guide] How to clean up the Realm Forums 🙂

And when you can’t disprove arguments, ad hominem starts flying. You guys are literally attacking Umay on any ground - OOC life, “vanity tag”, the “who are you” meme, the predictable Megnarosh-post “are u ERPer?”.

10/10 for not acting like immature brats.

That’s just vagueposting. Playing vague is really a weak defense and, imo, signals just an attempt to place the burden of the defense somewhere else.

Aside from that, if you think that being cruel to others for absolutely no reason other than personal pleasure classifies as good intentions, aside from it being factually wrong, is also a morally broken statement to make.

I’m glad there are other people spreading the same ideas. For me, it has never been a contest, and it has always been a matter of principle.

If he happens to not write on the phone and sound more convincing than I am, I’m relieved this is the case. Perhaps he will convince you that what is going on is wrong.

That is called a cause, not a justification.

Feeling that the person is “less important than you are” in no way justifies (=makes morally fine) bullyism or cruelty. It’s really the basis of society, is accredited as a universal rule in all evolved societies, and is acknowledged as a universal take on human morality on american-born infants (possibly all infants) since basically their first months of life.

1 Like

Apology accepted. No hard feelings! :slightly_smiling_face:

would quickly bookmark the apology to weaponize it in the future.

1 Like

Seem to remember it being almost as bad in the cataclysm or roundabouts day. But then, from what I can (barely) remember it was more IC actions as you said.

But yeah, holy hell there were still some very personal attacks going on. Don’t recall it being as dismissive though, like it was heated but the discussions were still had. I dunno, maybe romanticising it. Nostalgia. Shame we can’t even check the old forums to see.

Nah, didn’t say that mate

Never said that mate

Quote me? Yeah, that’s right, you can’t

If she says announcing a report is bullying, and she announces her report, by her own definition she’s bullying

If I say wearing silly hats is silly, and I wear a silly hat, not only am I silly, but anybody who calls me silly would only be abiding by my own terms

Nobody else announced a report, nobody else threatened consequences - all people did was challenge her on her own behaviour, and point out that she herself was in breach of of the CoC by announcing the report - but, as I’ve been consistently saying, nobody shared any conversations with Blizzard moderators (as she did) or told her that she’d be reported/ flagged.

So, in conclusion

No

No

It’s ok, and just back very briefly cus I woke up a bit & couldn’t fall back to sleep before going back off again for the night to touch on this:

I apologised for 2 reasons in that thread.

1. I did geniuenly of my own consiousness/personal views think I did wrong in openly calling out that I would report the OP publically, and it was specifically that which I apologised for. I don’t however believe I was bullying him at all, nor did I apologise for it calling & or thinking his name was stupid & inappropriate.

2. Umay was also heavily pushing, rather maliciously and gleefully with a sort of “twisting the knife approach” towards the spat I had at the time with Athramus and our past arguments, which was no secret, something that geniuenly bothered and upset me. So seeing how I frankly didn’t want to get dragged into that again, especially not by someone who seemed to very mean-spiritedly enjoy it & have some weird hatred for me(Umay in this case) that I had no clue about, I decided to also just post something I felt I could actually apologise for and be done with it.

so TL:DR I had something I felt I could apologise for/I did wrong, and it was geniuene, but ultimatly the decision to post said apology came from legitimatly being rather maliciously pushed to do so by someone, who now in a completly irrelevant thread suddenly throws it against me and makes a bunch of :poop: comments behind my back while I’m not watching.

Really classy act there. Now I will turn of my phone again and go back to try and sleep and be back another day.

4 Likes

As I said, this is based on personal things I’ve witnessed, on the forums and in the discord. Rumours have nothing to do with it. I obviously wouldn’t brand an entire community, which clearly makes up hundreds of individuals, as wholly rotten. But when these forum posters are the most vocal and representative, and one being the P in PCU, you can understand why one would get the bad impression they get.

Yeah, I remember you saying in the thread about my “sinister intentions” (trying to stop you bullying Rabies)

Very sinister I agree

The old forums weren’t as bad. There were some discussions but weren’t remotely as toxic, and mobbing wasn’t a thing. Then some people made it a trend, and now people love to pressure others through bullyism.

yeah I called out Umay for switching to a vanity tag character and crazily sending ‘waow laddie… the stormwind city watch? havenae ye heard of the STORMWIND CITY WATCH?’ posts as if it somehow increases his forum cred (it doesn’t).

1 Like

yh ok that’s fair enough (still think thou a fool for having apologized at all tbh as you did precisely zero wrong to the best of my memory + according to Blizz)

not that surprising seeing as the’re p much carbon copies except Umay knows how to write (albeit painstakingly slowly)

3 Likes

They never let you in, did they?
Awh.

You can’t increase that which is infinite.

There were people accusing him of being a ERPer / claiming he was a person with a personal grudge against the PCU. His current character is meant to disprove such - if anything, Umay should be respected for listening to other people’s feedback (trolls) and post on one of his main characters.

Accusing him of being on a vanity tag adds absolutely nothing to the discussion and is just the next attempt to demean his input.

1 Like

It was in fact among the first guilds I joined on AD. It was enjoyable, I won’t deny it.

I would concede to your superior intellect if I hadn’t also expressly stated why I called him out in the same post you just quoted.

1 Like

In the way you did so, how you are going about in the thread now is very sinister, I agree. As I said back then as well, I had no idea we had this kind of beef, but you make it very clearly that you don’t just disslike me but for some reason really seethe with anger at my existence.

And I don’t recall doing anything other than not agreeing with you once or twice prior to this. Now goodnight.

1 Like

Ahhh, so you joined BEFORE it got good

Which City Watch legend were you, by the way? Which of the glorious names that live in infamy can you claim?

I do understand where you’re coming from. What I say is see the other sides and things about them too, not only the heated argument moments on forums. I admire that you don’t brand a whole community + don’t have anything to do with rumors, though. :slight_smile:

Toxicity became more common, yeah, one reason being the issues further increased and changed. Hate to say it, but some of your posts added to the toxicity as well.

Don’t waste your time here, it’s just a loop of constant… WeirdChamp-ness

1 Like

Because it increases forum credit? That’s a bit of a weak “gotcha” moment if you consider the accusations you’ve made before.

Also, I’m sure no one of you is posting to get credit with the PCU.

You’re still talking about your vanity tag guild like you were in it during its hey-day. It’s weird, stop it.

None of them - I was just a rank-and-file watchman. :slightly_smiling_face: It was an enjoyable guild while I was in it, but I don’t really need to cling to its legacy.

Don’t really know why you have this vision of the PCU being some weird hivemind where we’re all posting zingers on the forums and crazily patting each other on the back for our epic posts. It’s really not the case.

Yet, surprisingly, I wasn’t considered a toxic person at all in the old forums.

Maybe is just the fact that people are exacerbated by mobbing groups / defend harassment that those who are adamantly against it are viewed as parts of a broken system.