[Forum Guide] How to clean up the Realm Forums šŸ™‚

Iā€™ve been active browsing the forums throughout and have been role playing on the server sporadically in the past few years and actively for the past few months. I donā€™t see how this is entirely relevant but please come role play with me sometime if you need proof.

You are just another forum ghost giving big takes while being of less than 0 relevancy to the RP community / do not exist beyond letters on discord servers

In what way is any of this about relevancy? This is about a hobby we all share, it isnā€™t about e-peen. I donā€™t understand why attacking someoneā€™s character is necessary in the slightest.

2 Likes

Very true, I am often at the edge of my seat waiting for the Morsteth take.

2 Likes

Because you are not actually part of the hobby like I just stated (in the post you reply to) you are someone posting about the people posting about said hobby

That requires a character to begin with other than a random ghost emergence.

1 Like

Youā€™ve never had a conversation with me and have no right to say whether or not I partake in role play. I donā€™t see why I would replying to this thread in the first place if I had zero interest in the hobby. Yes, I was sporadic in role play between 2015-2018 but have been in a guild and reigniting my passion for it for a while now. Why is this something someone should ever have to justify or defend?

1 Like

I can post on my current RP main if you all prefer. (Though sadly the forums still hadnā€™t updated the name change from Hartright to Xav)

He has the right to say pretty much whatever he wants much like you (to everyoneā€™s misfortune) do

Can we get one unit of grip for this lad

Sporadic as in that you did not RP at all for the last 5 years + before that you didnā€™t do anything either

2 Likes

Iā€™m not confusing, you used justification as a vague term that could imply both.

Iā€™m not sure what this entire description entails however. The way you use ā€œjustificationā€ is interchangeable with having a personal motive here, which is essentially a tautology, since literally everyone has a personal motive to do anything. I donā€™t see how that is important when youā€™re justifying your position/actions/attitude (the term means ā€œmaking rightā€) or your actions on a personal motive.

Later on you seem to suggest that ā€œself-justificationā€ simply means believing that you are right in what youā€™re doing, which again is a bit of a weird concept to think that it should be detached from broader considerations, such as justification in general. See below:

My personal motive ā€œwhyā€ doesnā€™t imply a justification, or a ā€œwhy its right toā€. They donā€™t have to be connected: for example, I eat because Iā€™m hungry and I think itā€™s right to eat because I want to preserve my life.

The latter one, which I think is what you call ā€œself-justificationā€, needs to respond to interpersonal parameters; why something is right or is wrong isnā€™t really a personal matter.

Consider this; if justification is construed, then it derived from social norms, and these people are aware they are violating them, therefore are wrong; if itā€™s not, and it is universal, as I believe and recent studies suggest, then these people are wrong. Period.

Other than that, you have to recognize that above a certain degree of hypocrisy was actually proven, which places in question even the capacity to formulate an absolutely subjective justification, which I donā€™t think exists; as coherence is the basis for a claim that aims to be correct or true. Hypocrisy is important here because it undermines the validity of their claims, so itā€™s quite a big deal.

Youā€™re not a ā€œTanarianā€ human, right?

No. (in 10 chars)

Thereā€™s no way to disprove an argument that is based entirely on the definition of a word

A true laddie of intellectual Ironforge

I honestly donā€™t think you understand what Iā€™m saying but I think I will reply to Umay instead of trying to download this information into your forehead

I am driven entirely by people disagreeing with me

Nah

A work in progress, then

The terrible attack of me calling you a ā€œradical centristā€ and later ā€œinsincereā€ - while you yourself I believe began calling me ā€œvileā€

You seemed really cheesed off when I told you - not even in a particularly pointed way, even - that your personal opinion w/r my response to Vaxir wasnā€™t important to me

This is a really lame misrepresentation. Maybe you should post the chatlog related to that where I deleted the offending article and told you you could let me know if there were similar things that youā€™d like me to remove. I donā€™t actually check the channel in question much because it is labeled trash for a reason

Itā€™s a very cheap little gotcha - insincere, in fact

No, it isnā€™t. Itā€™s defended as me lamenting that large gaming community channels play host to lame memes straight off 4chan that I have to moderate

You should post the log maybe

Well, with this in mind Iā€™m glad thatā€™s the case. You are a deeply insincere guy who throws out insults while acting like a crime has been inflicted against you when youā€™re called a ā€œradical centristā€. I think it would be sweet if you took the OPā€™s advise and put my user ID on block

Thatā€™s what I got out of this - you say they apologised because they were publically shamed

Iā€™m thinking youā€™re dancing around your own definitions ATM because when it was useful to you you were more than willing to do what youā€™re crusading against

Well, youā€™re only human

Yeah I wasnā€™t impressed with the M in Mogi either

My first alt out of Goldshire was declined because I forgot the shirt colour ranks and failed the test. Maybe thatā€™s why I hate 'em (simple as)

Old forums were much more deadly. Bring back downvotes and Iā€™ll really show you gamers a toxic forum

Me when I try to understand the Shonnic cypher Athramus uses sometimes

Ahhh ā€¦ so when you do it itā€™s ā€œcalling outā€

An interesting re-definition

They were just calling him out, brother

It is also calling out in your book

I asked him on discord. However I did not ask if you asked about asking

Please roleplay with me 20min after I called you toxic in several 2000 word essays

There is no we

I have and youā€™re exactly the kind of guy Morsteth assumes you are

4 Likes

Why did you say you ā€œgrew upā€ on this server if you didnā€™t play for the last 5 years + by your own statements in the official AD discord were too young to wrap your head around anything before that

I think what we are witnessing is a manā€™s first big post here not too bad for your first one ever honestly

Edit: these are your words Mogi ā€œyeah dw man i doubt anyone here is a genuine anti semiteā€ so please donā€™t fabricate some weird political angle

1 Like

You guys have boushed me long enough iā€™m going to bed, donā€™t get the thread 404ā€™d too soon please.

Haha weird almost like heā€™s a ghost with an irrelevant opinion

1 Like

If weā€™re referring to the conversation that I was mostly active in 2011-2015, then yes, those were my most active years. I wouldnā€™t call the last five years active because I hadnā€™t dedicated to any guild or attended many server-wide events, but I still had an active subscription and frequented the forums/engaged in casual RP with friends. This argument seems pretty unnecessary considering thereā€™s no real way to ā€œproveā€ activity, unless you genuinely wanted to see forum posts/discord logs/Argent Archives posts. But I genuinely donā€™t think you care that much about it, so itā€™s best to leave that here. Hmu on discord if you really are that concerned.

1 Like

Ladies and gentlemen, the welcoming mat of AD. Who get jolly cross if you disagree with them! You must agree with them, you must, or else they will all post pages saying why they are right and you are not.

Who could possibly have imagined, that a thread started to cause a realm scrap, started a realm scrap? Imagine our collective surpriseā€¦

1 Like

Not as spicy as I was expecting honestly.

Things you have posted : " i havenā€™t been on the server in over 5 years now "

And lol man donā€™t go around saying you were actively role playing in 2011 when you posted your age (without request) in the discord