[Forum Guide] How to clean up the Realm Forums 🙂

It’s just that they picked some forum software off the shelf and haven’t bothered with putting in much functionality in themselves.

Yeah, might be that they’ve not bothered checking to see if you’ve got a WoW subscription because they’ve got games which are F2P? idk.

As much as I see the appeal (and I do see the appeal), I think I’d rather wait for the ignore function be an officially implemented tool.

It isn’t one that I find myself in an immediate need of, and the number of people that I’d want to perpetually vanish from my forum experience is easily counted on one hand. It’s not a herculean effort to just not reply to that few posters.

1 Like

Not a thing. You cannot post anywhere else but the realm forums (and maybe the customer support ones, not sure about that bit) if you’re unsubbed. The ability to post on realm forums must be in some way intentional.

yes, you can.

And technical etc. you know, the ones to help players with problems.

im going to think this after i cuss someone out in game after a bad BG and they put me on ignore

thanks

5 Likes

tfw not brilliant enough to have 0 self awareness

3 Likes

You can’t ignore me, Garrosh.

My :fire: power :droplet: is :earth_africa: all :wind_face: around :japanese_ogre: you!

3 Likes

I always do BGs to talk to people. Its why Blizzard made them in the first place :ok_hand:

Public service announcement.

4 Likes

A small update: I’ve added the steps for how you can use the same code on Firefox.

Enjoy!

2 Likes

Wasn´t it because of Classic?
I think I remember some big post on Reddit that Blizzard is unlocking the forums for unsubbed players specifically to give access to the forums to huge community that wasn´t subbed but planned to renew it.
Might be wrong though.

A casual bump! 29 people contacted me over Discord at this stage asking for the ID list.

Reminder, Vilem’s post now includes the steps for Firefox too!

3 Likes

Ignore unsubbed posters.

Do not reply to unsubbed posters.

Hide unsubbed posts.

3 Likes

Even something like this thread itself has become a nice read thanks to the fix it proposes

I had my doubts (cos “what are forums for”) but gotta say, I’m a fan

1 Like

Wasn’t a massive fan of the idea originally, but getting rid of a few egomaniacs, narcissists and sycophants has certainly made the forum a more pleasant read, as well as saving the poor downscroll button on my PC, and perhaps best of all, I think I have only seen that idiotic phrase ‘based and redpilled’ once…

4 Likes

You can also right-click one of their posts and go to “inspect element” - the user id is the “data-user-id” specified for that post.

2 Likes

While ironically summoning another one.

That’s pretty much what I used. Cleaned it up. Less posts from Mr “I know they Grief RP, but I hold them on a Leash” Which was a real wake up call…Mother of Gods, this man actually believes his hype! “Umm, so you know they grief RP, but it is OK because you control them? Doesn’t that make you slightly hypocritical when even voicing an utterance of disdain at OOC’ers, I mean, doesn’t that mean you are harbouring OOC’ers?” Cue a hundred yapping toadies going “No, it is based and RP pilled”.

Anyway, all seems cleaned up now.

Blocking someone and then chatting mad crud is a pretty chump move to be honest.

17 Likes