Forum Trust Level 3

It’s weird. I can post links like this, but not an animated GIF.
Ah well. I don’t really care much, I usually stick with words anyway (and emoticons).

1 Like

Level 2, youtube is approved.

Aye, I figured, but it just seems strange to me; Youtube okay, but GIFs aren’t. Just… weird. :crazy_face:

Should be shown when you’re posting with a link to an FAQ that lists what you can do, yes.

1 Like

I knew Pholdure was a forum troll, look at their SIX forum accounts at trust 4 :rofl:

I actually don’t know or care what trust level I’m on. :stuck_out_tongue:

Level 2. Now you know. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Trust level is a load of nonsense tbh, it doesn’t make sense that you’re ineligible because of things that happened outside of the new forum.

It should have been, heres some new stuff if you be a div then you’ll get them revoked.

It’s actually really hard to tell what the filetype is until you’ve downloaded it and read the metadata, at which point it may already be too late for Blizzard’s servers.

Even though a URL ends in .jpg does NOT mean it’s actually a JPG, same with .gif.

Here’s a random example I found on Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tg0cfa565aue4ak/zoo.jpg

URL ends in jpg, returns an HTML site (due to 404 error, but what if it was a redirect to a virus site instead?)

They have to go out and manually approve each and every gif site as safe to use.

Something that happened outside of the forums?

I think he/she means the old forums. :thinking:

Yeah in that stickied post at the top, you cant get level 3 if you get suspended on any blizzard game or in any blizz forum.

Unless i’m misreading it and it doesnt stick once its cleared.

New forums gave everyone a clean slate so as long as no bans since new forums went live you are ok :slight_smile:

1 Like

I didn’t think any of that carried over. WoW was the last game of the Blizzard games to migrate over to discourse though.

Oh.

Oh well, ignore what i said then :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah I don’t see how it can. I lost almost all my entire post history when the new forums launched. :unamused:

You were kinda right though, it doesn’t make it clear and it’s only because it was confirmed before the new forums that people knew and obviously that information is still filtering through.

Would have been good for it to be stated more officially on the blue post really.

1 Like

do we have any info about how trust levels deteriorate by time exactly? i imagine this happens only after you unsub, so if you have reached TL3 you will keep it even if you don’t visit the forums - so long as you have an active sub. can we get a clarification on this?

The rules are fine, the mods are not.

2 Likes

I needed bereavement counselling for mine.

But I remember being told these new forums were a clean slate and all past transgressions were wiped, otherwise I wouldn’t get the level 3 I have now.

I don’t think they deteriorate but they can be removed for transgressions.

4 Likes