Free Character Moves Starting Thursday at 1:00 a.m. CEST

Starting at 1:00 a.m. CEST on Thursday 12 September, we will open the following free character moves to offer you a way to move your characters from the most high-population realms that have extended queues:

FROM TO LANGUAGE
Ashbringer Earthshaker English
Dreadmist Judgement English
Firemaw Earthshaker English
Flamelash Bloodfang English
Gandling Dragonfang English
Gehennas Earthshaker English
Golemagg Dragonfang English
Mograine Judgement English
Noggenfogger Judgement English
Razorgore Bloodfang English
Shazzrah Dragonfang English
Skullflame Earthshaker English
Stonespine Bloodfang English
Dragon’s Call Heartstriker German
Lucifron Heartstriker German
Patchwerk Heartstriker German
Venoxis Heartstriker German

We expect these free character moves to remain open until 1:00 a.m. CEST on Tuesday 17 September. Please note that restrictions apply:

• A character cannot move if the character:
    • is a guild leader.
    • has active auction listings or bids.
    • has mail.
  • You may be required to change your character’s name once you’ve reached the destination realm.
  • You cannot move a character to a PvP realm where you already have a character belonging to the opposing faction.
  • This is a one-way, irreversible move. Blizzard Customer Support cannot monitor or modify a free character move.

During periods of high usage, free character moves may take up to several hours to complete. This service may be closed at any time, without warning, should a destination realm become full. We strongly encourage players who wish to use this service, especially in coordinated groups, to do so as soon as possible.

Thank you!

14 Likes

Why transfere away from ashbringer? it has a measly 30min queue time on hype hour. And got perfect A/H balance currently. Why wreck this with free transfere away? o_O

15 Likes

Sir, no one is going to transfer anymore, can’t you just merge dragonfang with other low pop realms? Thx

6 Likes

You ruined gehennas! IT’S DEAD! ITS LIKE 20% ALLIANCE WHAT ARE YOU DOING

4 Likes

If you are on Flamelash server please don’t move. Don’t want our server to lose population as we dont have queues.

3 Likes

These transfers are likely more about queues after they turn off layering than queues now. If you’re wondering why you should move away from a server which currently has a 30 minute queue or no queue, it’s because that queue is gonna grow exponentially once layering is gone.

If people want several hour queues down the line, sure, stick to your guns.

26 Likes

No, I think it’s doesn’t work that way.

You have no idea. The server cap including layering is lets say 10k (just my guess) before phase two they remove all layers and decrease the cap to about 4k (vanilla like value). If that happens, you got a 6k que + what the current que is.

3 Likes

exactly like this so lets assume your server has 5 layers with max capacity per layer. so 4k x 5 = 20k and once they remove the layers if nobody quits by then we are looking at a queue of 16k people. so basically layer is like a server within server.

6 Likes

Blizzard I love you but please, nobody want to transfer to ‘dead realms’. All those huge queues are there just because people want to play on a very alive and active server. You are telling them to play on a low pop server, that doesn’t make any sense. You should just merge the low population servers and you’ll get a full server. You have released 4 new servers and 4 of them on low since then. No point releasing too many, just release one and wait till it’s full, then release an another one if its necessary.

5 Likes

Please open up transfers out of Zandalar Tribe!! A lot of people with no interest in RP and stupid names like ‘Tonycocaine’ made chars here to avoid queues during the first week.

13 Likes

Are you just stupid? When blizzard will remove layers, you ll see huge queues and game will be unplayable. I did play on pservers with 15k players …imagine 30k or 20k players.
This migration is for P2.

4 Likes

I’d like to move from Gandling to Earthshaker… Why am I limited to Dragonfang?

4 Likes

Because blizzard likes trolling the community.
They are teasing migrations but only to servers no one wants to move to. Not because of stubbornness, but because they are dead. Who wants to play on dead server.

1 Like

when they will remove layering, your realm will be unplayable, that’s why they open migration…

8 Likes

Take your loss and move by creating a new character.
Waiting and hoping for a transfer is wasted time.

2 Likes

You have no idea when the P2 will be released.

Also please be respectfull and answer in a civilized manner.

3 Likes

Jesus christ blizzard just LET EVERYONE CHANGE TO THE NEW REALMS IF THEY WANT then people can play with their friends. Bet theyre just waiting for paid char transfers for that though

3 Likes

I am following the que numbers closely and it looks like they already started removing layers. There was a significant bump in que numbers over the weekend that persists until now

1 Like