Free realm transfer

Please open free realm transfer from full pop servers to low pop. I would change realm instantly but don’t want to lose my 18 lvl character and I’m sure many people think the same.

109 Likes

Literally just logged in to make this exact topic. Make server transfers free from high pops to low pops please. Sitting in 7+ hour queues is ridiculous.

24 Likes

I don’t care if they make it free or paid transfer but they have to do something. These queues are insane. Since they had so few servers when they announced servers a lot of parties with friends planned on starting one server and now they are stuck with a lvl ~15 character on a high/medium pop server and have to start all over again on a new low pop server because the queue times are 2-8 hours.

Also why on gods green earth were people allowed to create new characters on Shazzrah - EU this morning? It used to be full but this morning it was only high? Now we have 12k queue and it’s not even peak times.

5 Likes

Really all you had to do was release more god damm realms lizzard.

Not only full -> low pop.

Blizz should give everyone 1 character trasnfer. That way we may just pick low pop realm to start with, and then trasnfer when population is stabilized so we wont end on dead realm.

6 Likes

They messed it up from the start if we had a lot more realms to choose from weeks earlier guildies would just pick a low pop realm. Choosing a new server now is almost impossible when your whole guild have already decided to go on Golemegg.

Free transfer in the first week should be obligatory.

5 Likes

What gets me is all last night for 9hr i never seen more then 5 players on my server lol, so they could 100% up the cap.

1 Like

Everyone can be wrong from time to time, i understand that it’s hard to admit Blizzard…But please do something. You can save this pretty easily.

The ammount of servers are fine for the moment. (Good first step!)
But as OP says we need free transfers for the characters we already spent many hours on. None of us wants to reroll and get behind.
I rolled on Noggenfogger without many of my friends just in order to avoid these queues. And let me tell you, low servers are full of life and enough players, so dont be scared to move to a low server. But for the sake of the longevity of the server and for the people waiting hours in queues we need to spread out the playerbase.

2 Likes

Just change the server?

1 Like

This. After realizing how hopeless this is I don’t want to redo everything half way into barrens.

Not that easy as you think…

• Almost impossible to move whole guilds
  • Not everyone is interested in wipe already made character (not big deal imo… still and issue)
  • Peoples dont want to play on future dead realms so they will stick to overcrowded ones

You cant just say… “change server”

I still didnt decided where to play (waiting for friends)… but I’ll roll low populated pvp server instantly if there was guaranted 1 free character trasnfer… if not, well… another few peoples to queue. Its Blizz fault 100%.

3 Likes

This is the logical idea, but, less money -> not implemented

Losing players means less money also.

2 Likes

It has been less then 24 hours, if you want to play on another server, reroll on another server. Free transfer, are you kidding. For the progress you made on a session :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Thats what Blizzard should do. Give free server moves for 1 month until the people lvl up. Then advice and close this option. I dont want to play waiting 3 hours to log in.

1 Like

Only 3 hours? Which server is that? May reroll there lmao.

3 Likes

If we have realms with 0 q time, then we still have enough realms. Maybe.

1 Like

Reasonable, a few few transfers from high to low/med would help balance things out

Yeah… Blizz f… this up so much

We will probably end up on stonespine coz we are not interested in few hours of afk.

But if in few weeks we end up on dead realms with no transfer option… oh boi
my overall WoW adventrue is over instantly.

Would this work?

1. Create a signup sheet for a new realm.
  2. Offer signup sheet to players on high pop servers.
  3. Show them how many have signed up to move so far.
  4. People sign up with the characters they wanna move.
  5. When the new server is reasonably highly populated, move everyone on the list for free.
1 Like