Fresh is dead already

mark my words.

with all those ideas fresh will die quickly.

blizzard doing ‘blizzard’ thing. ignore its playerbase, ppl ideas etc. same as always.

in the 3rd month of SoM Fresh they’re gonna probably do ‘some tweaks’ to gain ‘subs $$$’ back but it will be too late…

6 Likes

Wholeheartly agree. Why cant they give their playerbase a fresh nochange server?

Is it really that hard?

5 Likes

What nochange have you in mind? Instance fast leveling? Mass instance boosting? Mass pulls in instances for profit? Maybe they should allow Mara inifinite earth elemental farm because that’s how it was in vanilla?

Children that can’t play a game without their cheats.

4 Likes

i cant even play with som beta cause its not even an option for me to choose. ive only got tbc classic and classic as options. i send back and forth mails with the ‘customer support’ since 6 days. fukkin monkeys cant even help. i really suggest everyone dont sub and dont support blizzard no more.

Instead of being disingenuous and twisting things around to suit your own narrative it might be better to acknowledge what he’s actually saying. There are plenty of people that would prefer Classic as it was regardless of whether you like it or not - unchanged - and it’s not outlandish to suggest different types of servers at all in the slightest. Runescape, Everquest and plenty of other MMORPGs offer different variations of their old school games because they understand people have different tastes. You know the REASON Classic even exists in the first place?

People like you are the why the ‘wall of no’ even existed to begin with, control freaks like that dwarfposter that spent years patrolling the forum to shill for free and the immense amount of gatekeeping on the subject for years before Classic even existed. The only reason I can possibly see you trying to gatekeep every thread which at a quick glance you seem to be is because you know if given the option people won’t pick a server with changes made over one with out. If that’s the not the case you have nothing to fear in which chase, you’re just a bad faith actor.

5 Likes

I do not support no changes BUT we can:

• Keep the normal vanilla timeline
  • Disable mage boosting
  • Be strict against RMT and Botting
  • Disable world buffs in current raid tiers but enable them on DMF weeks and also enable them on previous tiers.
  • Keep increased node spawns for the mega servers.
  • Ban wall summoning (exploit)
6 Likes

Usually people want “no changes” to abuse game weaknesses, not because they want “the original experience” It’s quite common so I’ll be skeptical about “no changes”.

I don’t care and have no power over what the game is what get’s released.

So you want a fixed game :smiley: not SoM but still not “original” Classic as some EXTREMELY want.

I’ll respond to you when you actually bother to make an argument instead of dodging what was said and cherry picking what you want to respond to.

4 Likes

Argument about what? That some people want “No chances” not to just have the original game but to have the original exploits?

Try again.

3 Likes

Yeah i like to see changes.
i just believe it’s not 100% beneficial to completely remove world buffs from raiding since there is a solution to satisfy both buffers and non buffers.
as for the rest of my points (like boosting rmt and exploits) it is just common sense.

That’s Blizzard unique decision for this FRESH. Some private server did it but more common is to disable them for the first month of a tier. How it will play out in SoM we shall see.

i also understand that. disabling them for one season does not mean that they will disable them for the seasons to come. next season could be some other theme like perma world buffs and increased loot. reminds me of diablo seasonal themes. we will see i guess…

Seasons can only work if they change the experience and make it fresh and different

SoM1 has changed some things to try and trick people into thinking it will be a new experience to what they got in 2019

SoM2 who knows what they’ll come out with

Biggest issue they have here is I don’t think seasons work for a MMO. I don’t know who wants to keep having their character deleted and unless the 0-60 levelling experience is changed every season, it will be stale AF

They don’t for a MMO but Classic is just Classic. Plus players on private servers kill existing realm soon as fresh launched. Seasons is just Blizzard name for private server FRESH and people will roll on it level up, do some stuff then quit and roll next FRESH. Over and over again. Classic Era died and when/if they make SoM Era realm it will die out as well just because next FRESH (it’s bit of a meme).

I have the same problem.i contact support via ticket and all they said was uninstall battle net.which obvious didn’t solve it.i created ptr accounts and i am not seeing ptr option in battlenet…

Here is the post that explains how to get into the beta, it worked for me, hopefully also for you.

How To Get access to Classic Fresh Beta - WoW Classic / WoW Classic General Discussion - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

3 Likes

yes! thank you that helped.i needed to have a starter account at the region i have the active account.weird as i dont want starter account since i have active game time.

It also felt strange to me to get a starter account, but for no other reason than pressing that button i have no feeling that the account that i log into is my own account. Same username and password, just another pictogram on my desktop for the beta.
The best of luck and maybe if you enjoy it, try out the R2R hardcore challenge :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It is possible SoM will suffer the same fate as “fresh” private servers did. Because it adopts the same philosophy and caters to the same kinds of players.
Remember “darrowshire” ? Already on the decline. The lifespan of a fresh p-serv is 3 to 6 months, because it targets people who only like the initial experience (the feeling of seeing dozens of lvl 1 run around). It’s a subset of MMO playerbase ; a tiny subset actually. And they flock from new servers to new servers.
It is not a steady playerbase to design for.

This said, as SoM costs zero dollar to develop (must have been what? a handful of design meetings and some intern work to wire the new server), even if it attracts 1 player it is already profitable. Laziness at its peak ; managing decline instead of aiming to become once again the leader of the field.

3 Likes