Fresh Realms needed

Hey ya’ll,

I want to use this thread as a petition of sorts in favor of Blizzard releasing one or two fresh, non-transferable realms starting at Phase 1.

As I’m sure most of us have experienced what this was like on fan-made projects of WoW Classic in the past, I am convinced that this will blow some new life into the humdrum communities of the current WoW Classic community.

Yes I have seen threads like this one before, and yes I’ve heard the argument that Blizzard wouldn’t do that because we still have underpopulated realms, etc. (or even the AQ war effort argument of which I still believe would not stop a LOT of people joining in the new realms)

Nontheless this is not about what realm is populated and what realm isn’t. This is more about the exciting feeling we all get when we get to have a fresh start, the ‘race’ to 60, the lively community on almost every level bracket, dungeons and bg’s that are being done and to experience WoW fully on every level.

Instead, now we have people who are all decked out in T2, Mages galore who sell dungeon and ZG boosts, and the authenticity is suffering on all realms, also the higher populated and full ones.

Sure this is bound to happen on these fresh, non-transferable realms eventually, but that will take months again. It’s about the thrill of what happens in between.

Agree?

22 Likes

Pardon me but what’s gonna stop that happening on any new fresh realm. Are you just gonna make a new fresh realm every time the authenticity of vanilla is destroyed by boosters, because that’s gonna happen roughly 2 weeks after a launch.

Wouldn’t fresh realms make sense only after naxx is released and on farm and not in the middle of the content phases.

I really think you underestimate how strong meta gaming is in the community now. People would rush their mages to 60 and set up boosting and farming empires immediatly.

3 Likes

I literally said “Sure this is bound to happen on these fresh, non-transferable realms eventually, but that will take months again. It’s about the thrill of what happens in between.”

OK, maybe it will be 2 weeks as soon as some Mages hit 60. It’s not just about the boosting services, that’s fine (in moderation). But since the advancement of most guilds and characters through the current content it’s not moderate any longer.
It’s not just about our Mage friends, but about the game as a whole.

After Naxx would also be a good idea and good timing, but I do not believe the amount of players who would reroll on a fresh realm would be significantly less now to the point where it’s not worth it.

On the idea of timing, sure, no need to open a fresh realm every other day or what have you, nontheless I think it is still going to be a breath of fresh air and a successful venture if they were released now/soon.

You got it!

** 6 months later **

F R E S H realms needed plz

8 Likes

Opening one or two fresh realms every 6 months doesn’t sound like a problem to me.

8 Likes

I actually do think so. I’m pretty sure the practice of fresh realms on pservers was done after all the content was released and put on farm so people can re-experience it from the first phase. By the way you propose it the new fresh realm would still be at the beggining of phase 5 and I don’t really see why people would abandon their progressed characters for a fresh one while there’s still more of the game to play.

If you would not make the new realms start from phase 1 you would miss a lot of the fresh air you are looking for, since most people would be hopping in to ZG and aq20 immediatly for catchup gear instead of going to all the dungeon for pre raid bis farming like they did initially and you’d have the same problem you have now.

Unfortunately not, it was done mostly like Buu suggests, and that’s why realms tended to die soon after the AQ war effort - because the masses were riding the F R E S H hype and basically lived just for the lvl 60 leveling, the mindless MC/BWL grind and the early WPvP.

to the OP: you can take your F R E S H meme back to your silly pservers and choke on them.

2 Likes

You sound like a private server player

Need F R E S H

4 Likes

We all had that a year ago, where were you OP?

People would just rush to 60 again and within a few months it would be like every other realm is now.

But this.

As well as, “why can’t I transfer to the new realm”

1 Like

I think you underestimate the market when it comes to fresh servers. Yes, you will get the no lifers who will rush to 60 and set up boosting empires but…Who could afford boosts that early in a servers life? No one.

In fact it takes a few months before players have enough gold to even be able to afford said boosts and until that point it’s much more profitable to AoE farm as a mage or go around picking all the black lotus and RTV if you are one of the first to 60.

Don’t forget that players will want to spend their gold on gear and professions over boosts when it comes to a main character early on. They will pay to boost their alts when they have a resource of making gold first i.e their main…

2 Likes

I see no harm on the year anniversary to start a fresh server or two, that way new players or others can start from the beginning and then just still able to transfer your character to TBC when that comes.

9 Likes

So basically we’ll just have tons of servers and few ppl on them

1 Like

I would like a fresh server. Pretty boring to start a new character, enter a big city and see all the level 60 players with best gear. It would cost Blizzard almost nothing to do it, but it would refresh the feeling of nostalgia for some of us altoholics.

5 Likes

Yeah and what would happen is that, like on pservers, ppl would constantly chase the fresh realms while the previous ones would languish, making it hella hard to finish the whole PvE progression because the masses just go after the lvl 60 fresh levelling experience, MC/BWL/Ony and WPvP.

No thanks.

Pretty much this, also long live classic wow !

1 Like

I’m very happy to see the positive responses, thank you! It is obvious to me that doing this would interest enough people, as indeed it has on ‘other projects’ - especially if done from P1 - so I treasure good hope for the future. Indeed on the 1 year anniversary sounds like it would be a splendid occasion. Would be cool to have a blue post in here to add their 2 cents in on the matter.

4 Likes

Oh boi here we go again.

blizzard fubar’d the release significantly allowing people to exploit their way to 60 using raids, they allowed significant amounts of layer exploiting and basically cheating for over half a year by botters, don’t put any hope in this dogpoop tier company ever doing anything for their customers lol

2 Likes

I think one of wotlk pserver nailed the format of realm releases in rhe modern era of metagaming.

The content progression is 2x faster and raid resets are 2x shorter. When progression ends everything is merged to the main realm and new fresh launches. Also old content leveling has some boost if I recall correctly

And peope make new toons on fresh, progress them as they see fit and then either stay on main to raid and stuff or go with next fresh.

1 Like

oh and then there’s the fact the same streamers and private server nerds they invited to the beta kept bugs hidden for their own day 0 exploits when release happened and they could use the bugs they discovered in beta to powerlevel to 60 in no time.

but hey, it was more free advertising and very little actual quality assurance, sure was worth it getting rid of your own competent QA departments wasn’t it blizz?

1 Like