Fresh Realms needed

That is quite true, Activision/Blizzard is very uninterested in their customer base.

1 Like

What bugs used to powerlevel? Spellcleave is still in the game.

It doesn’t have to be one or the other. The last few months I could log in Sunday clear BWL/MC in 2 hours then I’m not really needed by my guild for the rest of the week. I’m not a raid logger though so I tend to rank for 3 days until I’m capped then farm for the remaining days so I’m quite active. If there was a new realm released then I would probably play on it since I missed the release of Classic WoW and still show up to raids for my mains guild. I would still farm for consumables for raids, grab Wbuffs etc the time I would play would be the 3 days I would normally rank when I finish ranking of course.

I don’t think it’s fair to compare it to Pservers because most players never got attached to their characters since they knew there would be server wipes or the server might get shut down.

That is what put me off Pservers in the first place and only came back when Blizz hosted official servers because I knew my main character would never get wiped.

1 Like

What’s the fresh meme ? :thinking:

You think you do, but you don’t.

Jokes apart, releasing “fresh” servers now looks like a really bad idea. ¿who would play there when AQ is almost here? ¿Who would invest the time and effort on a weird bet when there are plenty of servers around?

I don’t want to sound ofensive and I apologize in advance but this petition seems to come from someone who couldn’t exploit the game like others (with 15 years of gameplay experience of advantage) did.

I’m going to tell you a kinda relatable example (the only one I can make due to being Spanish myself): Mandokir, the spanish server.

Mandokir was a “fresh” server that started (I believe) in late phase 1. The spanish comunity begged during a lot of time for a server and it was delivered late. Well, the server was so imbalanced that many people stoped playing or waited and paid a migration, even some self called “big guilds”; the server population slowly went down to the point it is now.

I started a new char on Mandokir (I play on a PvP Eng. realm) and all I saw were: Bots, boosts, farm groups and raids.

Very few people leveling, almost no one willing to join a group to run a dungeon or to quest around and an Auction House that is just tragic (this last is fault of Mandokir not being ready on Classic release date tbh).

¿Who plays in Mandokir nowadays? It’s hard to say tbh, many players have ally and horde account and collide with themselves, sort of.
The faction imbalance seems more equalized now, but maybe it’s just a fake feeling due to horde’s leveling alliance accounts.

Dead AH, twink gear that in other servers sells for 10g in Mandokir sells for 100g, there are very few materials and very few “goods” in general, almost like there’s no one farming mats for selling or just selling the surplus. Outside of your guild the servers feels really lonely in general.

I’m a real fault-finder in regards to the spanish comunity, i think we deteriorated badly as a comunity and that we are the weakest and most ill WoW Classic comunity in Europe. But i think Mandokir is a valid example to analize this specific topic.

My point is the following: A server launch in the middle of content release is a bad idea, so many things are happening ingame for people in other servers to join this new one and “invest hard” on it (BWL/AQ release, Honor grind, gold/rep farms…).

If the server is not big it will suffer when the population drops due to “X” or “Y”.
The less population the less apealing for most of the players to join.

With less pop the risk of a dead AH increases a lot, and a dead AH is very discouraging for newcomers since their ways of making gold without having a Mage alt are very constrictive. In large enough servers you can make money the way you enjoy without being driven to 2 options, you can sell craft/enchants, can sell pots or plants, farm in the open world, hunt black lotuses, deathroll, play the auction house… With a dead AH comes a huge limitation on the ways of making gold, and that leads to the 2 options everyone does because there’s no alternative. I hope i’m making sense, i’m trying my hardest to express myself properly.

The content will burn even faster, making the whole point useless as well since if a large enough portion of the population gets bored of the current content it brings negativity to an already not big server and weakens it from inside.

That’s all, thanks for reading, I aplogize for any mistakes done while writing, I did my best.

Thanks as well to the OP for this topic. I think it’s useless at this stage of the game but very interesting to debate about anyways. ¡Cheers!

3 Likes

makes no sense adding fresh realms before naxx even been out a while on current realms

There will most likely be fresh Classic realms, when TBC hits and not before. Be patient.

This post really sums up nearly everything I’ve experienced myself, and my friends too, and is a big reason why I started the thread. Thanks for taking the time to explain this :slight_smile:

ok, but F R E S H when?

I am all for FRESH none-transferable realms being released, but I think it’s still too soon, when Naxx rolls around or have been out for a while, go ahead-- I’d love to reroll on a fresh new realm and do it all over again.

3 Likes

F R E S H

The game is too old, there are no catchup mechanics, 20man raids require excessive gearscore, everyone is R14, dead game, give F R E S H

Quite so, Ive seen more movement and activity now with the AQ war efforts again. Really hope Blizzard will go through with fresh realms starting at Phase 1 again when Naxx hits though!

1 Like

You’ll be alone there. Nobody wants to start over again in classic. The game is cr*p for most.

Strongly disagree with the first statement there, but I will admit everyone has done this game a thousand times over.

I’ve been talking to more and more people who would like new realms to happen, especially starting at phase 1.

The whole AQ raid is not all that either, and I’m sure a lot of people would reroll to a fresh non-transferable pvp realm right now if they could.

4 Likes

Yes there will always be those people that will continue play the game. This does not mean it would be a success.

To each their own opinion. Even though the games’ been played an awfully long time, I’d still bet that - considering private servers did it with success - enough people would reroll to make it successful.

1 Like

Most of the pserver community said classic is a failure for them and it’s nothing compared to the pservers. And it is true because there are different dynamics to the game.

Guess that’s private servers had no massive popularity for rerollibg fresh time and time again in the last 10 years right?
Please inform yourself. There will constantly be plenty of players rerolling fresh when available.

3 Likes

I didn’t say that. Please read carefully what I have said.

This is the perfect game where to add fresh realms along the way.

Newcomers won’t find themselves late for the party, players who like leveling and there are plenty might like such a realm, and nevertheless a good way to start over again for any reason.

You can’t escape bots and boosters but that’s impossible and not the point of all this either.
But still boosting will definitely won’t be the same as on other realms for the first few months.

4 Likes