Fresh Vanilla, when?

SoM was a fine idea, but the trouble with this is everybody has their own fan-fiction of what SoM should be. And in the end, nobody is happy.

Seasonal Classic WoW realms - just basic Vanilla WoW - similar to D2 ladders, where a new server is released on a set time period (every 12 months? up for debate).

It requires such a small commitment on Blizzard’s behalf.

It would attract more players than D2 ladders whilst gaining a monthly subscription fee from them.

No, it won’t kill Retail. Yes, there will be players interested.

It’s jarring that Blizzard hasn’t put this into place yet.

And if they don’t, private servers are gradually making a comeback already. And we will be back to where we was many years ago.

21 Likes

Classic Era is the present and the future of Classic.

Stable servers, great community, and you get to forever keep you character progression.

These past weeks have shown how strong we are becoming, and this ain’t gonna stop here.

Let go of the rat race Tykaine. Embrace the future man. No more pain, no more deceptions.

11 Likes

That’s exactly what I would like to see, and at the end of the season allow transfer to either Classic Era or WOTLK and restart the realm.

3 Likes

Era is far from the present and definitely not the future,

right now the only reason i see players on era is for hardcore,

the future of classic vanilla resides a fresh full release of classic servers, once they are here era will be no more.

11 Likes

Do not get me wrong, a fresh release is something I support on paper, as it would mean more players to ERA servers at the end of it.

Still, it is a re-release of a rat race, to lose it all again. Then what? TBC? Fresh?

Most players are not yet acquainted with the idea of a permanent home, with well-defined boundaries, in which a community can thrive.

But many of those who are and try it, stay.

And yes, you can pronounce us dead again. Yet we are growing. And this despite the launch of TBC, WOTLK, SOM & DF + zero support from Blizzard until very recently.

I am betting on a winning horse. The paradigm shift is in. And if your wishes are fullfilled, as I stated, it still will be a win for ERA.

6 Likes

Is a jump from 1000 players to 1200 players really a paradigm shifting increase?

Fresh is not a miracle cure, it just means less people will play on current Era realms, until they are bored that is and go back to their old realm.

For proof just look at Fresh in Wrath, they once had huge queues now people are complaining about empty realms.

No, 12months is the reason me and everyboddy I know didn’t play SoM, Vanills is about investing time into your charakter and the community, all of that goes away when you feel nothing is worth doing because the server goes down soon…

16 Likes

I did not say anything offensive either to the OP or anybody else. In fact, I support a fresh release.

Look at Dottie, disagrees with me 99% of the time yet keeps it polite.

So yes, you basically told us all everything we needed to know about you. Thanks for your contribution, and do not drown in your vitriol.

7 Likes

Nah, its important to have stable, permanent classic servers that the classic era players can call home. Somewhere that isnt going to change all the time and where you can keep your progress from all your characters.
They made SoM(seasonal wow) for players like you, so you can keep it fresh and exciting. Some of us old dogs just want to relax in the azeroth we know and love

12 Likes

You don’t need to spam every forum thread. Blizzard is not reading them anyway, so all you achieve is you annoy the rest of us :wink:

I was told to make noise by the support person and others have been told the same.

1 Like

You will get no notice here from Blizzard, besides, Blizzard don’t delete characters.

Brave young man, i already tried to tell him that. But rest assured, it is still Blizzards fault, not his.

Make noise in US Forum. They listen there only.

2 Likes

It’s utterly irrelevant how you choose name that verb -
what matters is that he characters are GONE and NOT PLAYABLE in vanilla realms.

Do you understand what that means?

Blizzard took consent away from a bunch of players, but then again, that’s kinda unsurprising considering how Blizzard has treated its employees.

1 Like

bLiZzARd DiD nOtHiNg WrOnG, jUsT bLaMe ThE pLaYeRs

:roll_of_toilet_paper::roll_of_toilet_paper::roll_of_toilet_paper:

1 Like

A lot more than you seem to.

Which happened through your inaction. If you don’t like it stop paying them.

[/quote]
Which happened through your inaction. If you don’t like it stop paying them.
[/quote]

No, it happened because 1) in the beginning Blizzard said keeping chars in vanilla or moving it to progression realms would be decided by the player UPON logging (read: upon player action, not inaction) and 2) Blizzard didn’t send e-mails although constantly sending marketing e-mails (what excuse do you have that for that, Blizzard employee?)

1 Like

You really don’t know what happened do you?

You never logged into Classic Era with them, EVER, so they were moved to a Wrath realm eventually. They did not just move them for no reason, YOU NEVER LOGGED INTO THEM and chose Era or TBC.

All you needed to do was log in once and choose Era or TBC. That’s it, nothing else but you didn’t did you?

If you never logged in during TBC then of course they were eventually moved to Wrath, as that was the Natural progression for them. Vanilla => TBC => Wrath. The “unnatural” choice was to go to Era as they were new realms not a continuation of the 2019 Vanilla realms.

They did not make “new” TBC realms so you should have been moved straight away but Blizzard were kind enough to let you choose.

1 Like

All you say is true Dottie.

But I can understand his/her frustration. Life gets in the way for many and things can happen…

1 Like