Friend silenced In Game until August 2021

The silence system is ridiculous and needs to be changed. My friend was never vulgar; he did slightly abuse chat (hasn’t insulted anyone) because he plays the market a lot, apparently some people report others because they dislike when players use trade chat for what it is created. He says that he won’t play Shadowlands because being unable to communicate kills the gaming experience for him.

To people who say they were never silenced.
Good for you, you managed to keep a low profile, but some of us who are outgoing and love free speech and play this game for years stacked up a lot of warnings that never went away.

For a moment try to show some empathy and realize that there is systematic targeting when it comes to reporting in this game, even Asmongold made a whole video on this. It’s a bad system period. It doesn’t punish people for bad behavior it only makes people afraid to speak in chat due to systematic targeting.

9 Likes

Classic forum: https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/c/wow-classic/wow-classic-discussion/265

:thinking:

14 Likes

His whole battle net got silenced. So wow retail too.

2 Likes

there is ‘‘barking’’ at trade chat and there is ‘spamming’’

if its done more than once per 5 mins i call it spam.

8 Likes

It’s not just him, this silence system needs some change. Why won’t Blizzard just ‘‘pardon’’ everyone and give the community a clean slate? There are so many people that are silenced.

2 Likes

well i guess your friend also said mean and rude words to get so long ban. ;)) usually spam mutes are 1hr-1week

3 Likes

Actually it’s not something that happened over night, these silences were stacking up for years.

make new battlenet account then and dont spam this time. learn from misteke

4 Likes

If I had more than two silences over the same issue I’d totally have backed out of doing whatever that was.

7 Likes

And leave all mounts? yea no

…their game their rules and i agree against banning spammers so good luck and learn from mistakes. bye

6 Likes

Well spam is spam. Your friend maybe sale something very aggressive like every couple of minutes.

3 Likes

xd ouch okay. such mean words from an alliance . you should roll horde

2 Likes

Good, i hope we purge all WTS spammers and make tradechat great again.

4 Likes

Why did my brain imagine a guy loudly shouting WTS and with demanding tone.

:laughing:

poggers to that, good riddance

1 Like

Also, don’t silences start small and get longer and longer?

You must be pretty dense to get off silence number 23 and then spam a bit again to incur number 24…

9 Likes

To even get that long silence, you need to have received silences previously. Does he not learn?

3 Likes

“My friend is totally innocent apart from breaking the rules”

8 Likes