Future allied races possibilities.

Actually, if you are so knowledgeable about Blizzard’s intentions, please tell me when will Gilneas be finally reborn from the blood of our enemies. I am sick of waiting.

1 Like

The point is not that the Sethrak are angry at the Horde, rather that they are equally indebted. However, their interactions with the Alliance are purely positive, and deliberately placed by Blizzard. The Vulpera, pretty much confirmed to be Horde at this point, are also vehemently against the Sethrak even after the Faithless have been defeated (they were enslaved for years, why wouldn’t there be bad blood between them?) The Sethrak are more likely to want to preserve neutrality and therefore be attacked by Sylvanas, thanks to her ‘with us or against us’ attitude, and driven to the Alliance. Or maybe Sethraliss herself, disgusted with the Forsaken and the Zandalari’s sudden love of Bwonsamdi and death, pushes them to the Alliance.
If you can give me a plausible scenario for Sethrak actually going Horde, do tell.

2 Likes

In a future patch a Horde character mentions that the Sethrak brought themselves on the brink of ruin and that they believe they are capable of repeating the same mistake. The Sethrak are insulted.

It worked with the Nightborne!

1 Like

I have a few proposals:

• Blood Elves based on blood type, so O-negative Elves, AB-postitive Elves, etc.
  • Elves based on other bodily fluids, like Stomach Acid Elves, Sweat Elves, etc.
  • Lightforged Humans (I’d race-change).
  • Lightforged Pandaren?
  • Worgen that are normally Worgen but change into a Human when in-combat.
  • Kobolds.
  • Gnomes (RECENSEO lol I just found out they’re already playable).
  • Outland Mag’har Orcs.
  • High Elves.
  • Humanoid Dragons (for the RP-ers out there).
  • Low Elves.
  • Medium Elves?

More to follow.

6 Likes

Talanji ask the player to come visit the Devoted and try to enlist them in the Horde.
When we get there, we are greeted and thanked by Vorrik for saving Zandalar, then he share his condoleances to Talanji about Rastakhan death and blame the Alliance for bringing war and death on Zandalar.

Talanji explain that her people would be all dead without the Horde help and want to offer the Sethrak a chance to join the Horde.

While Vorrik seem interested and even confess the Sethrak recently stopped every diplomatic contact with the Alliance invaders, after they learn of their crime against their Vulpera friend and the assassination of Rastakhan, he say he must first consult Sethraliss.

We are then introduced to Sethraliss and Talanji repeat her offer. Sethraliss concede that for bringing peace on Zandalar, its people must unite. But she has some doubt regarding the Horde. She enlist us with a quest to prove ourselve and task Vorrik to follow us and be her eye.

We execute Sethraliss demand and help some Vulpera, some Sethrak merchant, then learn that an Alliance army is marching toward the temple in order to capture Talanji. We rush to the temple and see an Alliance commander requesting Talanji and wanting to take her as a prisonner.
As the Sethrak refuse and Vorrik ask them to get out, the Alliance try to use the force and are defeated by a combination of horde and Sethrak force.
After that event, Sethraliss and Vorrik accept Talanji offer, and the Sethrak join the Horde.

While there is some merit to the “Sethrak might be a good fit in the Horde”-argument, it also leads us right to the “All interesting races should be horde, maybe we can give the alliance some small humans, gill-humans and blue humans. Or horses. Horse-ren”.

The Sethrak stuff is fairly balanced between the factions right now, but it’d be easy for Blizzard to tip the scales if they felt like it. While Sethrak in Stormwind might seem out of place, I want you to try and imagine some in the Exodar. Or a caravan of them in a market square in the reclaimed gilneas. It could work.

The new allied races will be as follows:

Night Elf Worgen:
It is the most logical narrative from the battle of Darkshore. In order to take back their land and gain control of Darnassus, they must delve deeper into their Druidic magic. The Human Worgens can also help them do it in a safe, “contained” way.

Mechagnomes:
We already know from patch 8.1 these will be in-game in some form. It makes complete for these mechanised gnomes to be a race.

Lightforged Forsaken:
Daelia, the Lich Kings sister, after the Legion invasion, resurrected a corpse with light energy. This strongly hints at a new race of Undead that have been enlightened by a n’aaru.

Just throwing it in there that I want Mechagnomes so bad. Like so bad. I’d make him look as robotic as possible with all the options it looks like they’ll potentially get. Be interesting to see what racial mount they’d get too.

Endless possibilities with them.

The name is Calia. Not Daelia

maybe they add allied races like :
quilboars , amani trolls , murlocs

and stop adding allied races like :

back stabbed dwarves , flashlight draenei , green gnomes , avoid elves , tattoed dwarves .

and for christ sake add some extra extra appearances like tattoos and pipe, new hair models, new facial hairs , and make new secondary professions like catching bugs and raise them to pets and mount (different scorpion mounts qiraji mounts every insect races it can be an endless experience) and new toys like backpacks… etc .

The name is Legolas. Not Erevien.

:smiley:

This gave me a laugh :smiley:

My opinion might just stand alone in the room, but I would really like to see Arakkoa as a Horde race. Their sinister theme fits the current warchief and would make a fine addition from Outland/Draenor. I could see the Alliance get Jinyu and I would love it. Just because it is some kind of next level Murloc race. I don’t really care about Vulpera or Sethrak, I wouldn’t mind if they became playable, but they are not on my list. And to be honest, the Sethrak seem way too vicious for the Alliance. I don’t think either of the two races will get ethereals, because the void elves already are half-ethereal and this is the closest we’ll get in my opinion. My two personal favorites: Vrykul for the Alliance and Mogu for the Horde. Yes, it might seem like a humiliation to serve the descents of your "better-should-have-aborted"s and the Vrykul have a strong sense of honor, but it would fit quite good to have them in the Alliance. The Mogu on the other hand are my wet dream. The se huge monstrosities with fangs and claws look so great, I would kiss the ground if they joined the Horde. One of my very very far-flung hopes is, that we would have the trolls united under the Darkspear, which means basically that we’d have Drakkari, Farakki, Gurubashi and Amani in the Horde, just meaning more customization options and maybe two different racials, depending on the customization.

You may mistake loyalty for dependency. I really pity these remote-controlled cleaning rags, when I see them. They are basically at the mercy of their humans. Cats are not. Cats don’t care, but because they are independent, their friendship feels so different and genuine.

Heroic return with Vereesa after she slaughtered every Blood Elf that didn’t make it out of Dalaran in time, after the High Elves underwent an identity crisis, after helplessly being slaughtered by Arthas, who did not get any resistance from the Alliance.

That sounds pretty heroic, mythic even!

Well, high elves left the Alliance few years before, shame eh?:laughing:

They arrogantly thought themselves safe and secure behind the shield, whilst being more than happy to let the rest of the EKs rot. Treacherous! How they were allowed into the Horde, I do not understand.

2 Likes

I am emphatically against this. Raventusk, sure. But not the Amani tribe itself.

1 Like

Furbolg, Broken, High Elves, Jinyu, Vrykul for the Alliance, then I can die happy

Ogre, Mogu, Hozen, different Troll Tribes(by way of the Zandalari connection), and Kvaldir for the Horde…!

1 Like

Furbolgs have always sprung to mind. They have been begging to be an allied race since vanilla. Although I’m not too sure if there is enough lore in place for that… but that doesn’t mean to say there couldn’t be. There’s hardly anything on Dark Irons either.

Sethrakk would also be awesome. Although giving another race the Worgen curse… harsh.

By that I mean the curse of their awful helmet models

1 Like

The Alliance Frostwolf Clan! Disgusted with what has happened to the Horde, they defect en masse to the Alliance.

1 Like