Game crashes almost every time I enter a loading screen

Same problem here.

I am from Norway and got the same problems (altibox-norway).
like peaople say, it seem to be Blizzard having connection issues to Norway som how.
Works to play on 4g/5g hotspot from my phone. :smiley:

I am norwegian as well, so perhaps there is some problem liek that yeah? but also as with others, before the patch everything was fine.

Another Norwegian player with the same issues here.

1 Like

I also live in Norway and my ISP is Altibox - can’t change cause it is a building-block contract.

I wish Blizz would put up a post just saying they’re aware of the problem and looking into fixing it. I’m sure they already are, but right now it feels like we’re just screaming into the void and that sure doesn’t make me feel like a valued customer.

4 Likes

Hello there.
my pc:
Intel(R) Core™ i7-12700KF 3.61 GHz
MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Gaming Z Trio 12G
Windows 10 Home 22H2
2x1T SSD

It is from this patch that I have constant crashes of the game. I conducted monitoring, the game began to eat up more than 9GB of video card memory when the character is standing in place on an empty territory. At the moments when the game crashes, it tries to consume more memory (let me remind you, I have 12 GB of them) than is available on the video card. Absolutely everything stops working for me, because other applications are left without it. Forced shutdown of the game through various crutches, immediately bring my computer to its senses

I have this problem as well even without addons it’s so annoying this all started when the game was updated to 10.2 and not only that I have noticed that Woltk has the same issue going on. Moving around and suddenly everything stops and gets disconnected for no reason.

I’m also Norwegian, this seems to be a widespread issue right now for us. I have no real idea what causes it, but I’m pretty sure it doesn’t really have anything to do with the game itself anymore. I’m using Altibox as my ISP

Hundreds of people have this issue (maybe most Norwegians) has nothing to do with addons, ui or anything of the sort. altf4 is the only way to get back into the game after restarting.

Apparently the issue lies somewhere in Amsterdam, Telia and Altibox customers can’t seem to connect properly to that datacenter. Telia and Altibox have been contacted by a few forum users, and they can’t find anything wrong on their end. Seems to only affect Blizzard games, so it’s definetly a Blizzard issue.
This thread details it pretty well: Stuck in loading screens - #183 by Gunfun-draenor

1 Like

I cant write to tech support either at blizzard, theu require some ms ifno and dxdiag file and that wouldent work so were like screwed here

anyone using Telenor with this problem or all altibox and telia?

Seems to be just Altibox, Telia and Enivest, as far as I can tell. Using your phones wifi-hotspot or a VPN does not cause the same issues.

Hi,
Telia Nor gamer here.

Anything news on this Blizz. It’s getting frustrating.

Having the same issues here, most of the time I have to do an alt + F4 because I’m just stuck in an eternal loading screen, other times I phase into a new zone and I don’t see other players, NPC’s, neutral mobs etc. and if I don’t alt + F4 then the game just continues being stuck without anything or anyone loading in.
Also got my game installed on an SSD and have Telia as a provider.

I’ve followed the troubleshooting steps (removing addons, resetting UI, renaming folders etc.)
But still got same issues since 10.2 launch:

• Getting hard stuck at 0% - 50% - 70% - 100% loading screen.
  • Getting into a empty character select screen.
  • Getting stuck retrieving realm.
  • Getting weird bug where the game seems to completely close down (even the taskbar does not show wow), then the game just reappears after ~10 seconds.
1 Like

I get loading screen for a minute, then i get the message in chat saying: “Transfer Aborted: instance not found” - has been happening in both retail and classic ever since 10.2

Same Problem here (Norwegian BergenFiber,Altibox) Constant crashes.and i love that i get 30 min abandon dungeon half the times,because of connection issues.

Edit : would like to add tried no addons, tried reinstalling the game, tried UI reset,DNS change and Router Restart.Nothing have helped issues persist.

also would like to add i have no other problems with my net.

Please have a look at this post: Stuck in loading screens

As you can see a lot of players have this issue. We have tried everything we can think of.