Stuck in loading screens

Today the loading screen has started to stop loading.
This happens when I try to use HS, or take a portal from Org to Valdrakken. Or other loading screens like the time rift portales.
Not had this issue before today.
Anyone else have this issue?
I need to re-start the game and then it is fine for a little bit. Until I use a portal or HS.
This has happend around 10 times today.

25 Likes

Having the same issues.

Stuck in loading screens entering characters, stuck on retrieving realm list when trying to change server, frozen ingame etc, etc…

Just all around a good time! Been going on most of the day for me.

2 Likes

Had the same problem, but alt-f4ing and updating my addons fixed it for me.

Have disabled all my addons. Don’t want to update them to early due to patch.
Also have the issue with retrieving realm list.

1 Like

Same issue here, except I’m playing Wotlk Classic.

Loading into new zones or instances is making the game freeze, and only works upon restart of the game. But then on the next loading screen it happens again.

Tried deleting interface, cache and WTF, but the problem persists.

Also, the game was making my CPU going haywire for some reason- it was quiet and everything was fine up until today. Nm this part, it was the fps cap that had been disabled.

5 Likes

I have the same problem. Game is unplayable whole day

Im having the same issue and I dont have any addons installed, game is literally unplayable right now.

Really annoying…

I’ve had to alt+f4 like 20 times today. Character keeps getting stuck on mount and can’t use any abilities, no NPCs/characters load in the zone, can’t even exit the game without alt+f4. Then trying to load back in I either get a black screen, or a loading screen that loads forever and I have to alt+f4 again.

I thought this was fixed like 6 months ago.

1 Like

Same, the “retrieving realm list” part is what makes me think it’s a server issue and nothing to do with addons and game files etc.

2 Likes

I have logged in fine around 11:00 CET but since 18:00 CET my game doesn’t get pass the loading screen.

I’ve played for a few hours this afternoon, and the game froze on me once. But other than that it’s been working fine. So seems like a server problem or something for sure.

The problem seem to get worse. At first it was only portals. Then portals, loading screens and flightpaths. Now I can’t even get in, the character screen is black with no characters listed.

5 Likes

Same issue, been playing for an hour, all of a sudden terrible lag. Tried to relog, but now i’m stuck with a black login screen

Having the same issue! Getting stuck in loading screens in wotlk classic every now and then. Not happening all the time, sometimes i cant even logout of the game or exit the game without pressing alt + f4.
Tried everything: Creating new folders (WTF; Cache; Interface), deactivated all addons, switching to Dx11. Still the same issue.

This is really annoying!! Happening on both of my computers (Intel cpu with Nvidia Geforce gpu OR Ryzen cpu with Amd RTX gpu)

Can you please fix this soon blizzard?!

1 Like

I came here looking for a thread like this, I’m having this problem since tuesday now:

• Frozen loading screens
  • Taxis that refuse to land (stuck on the mount as it arrived, but never actually dismount)
  • Logging into the game sometimes causes a black screen with the character "list box " and other buttons visible

I uninstalled the game for this yesterday and it didnt fix the problem so I’m thinking its them, not me. Incredibly annoying as i have to force-shutdown the game quite often now.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve had all this and done a complete reboot of Windows on my PC and it’s still happening, it’s definitely a Blizz problem.

There was briefly a message at the login screen yesterday about them having issues with their authentication server, but that’s gone now.
The issues on the other hand, are still the same and have been for 2 days now.

Since the day before the patch I have started having the same issue. When logging into the game I either have to stop the “login to game servers” and reconnect or when changing areas in the game (portals, hearthstones) I have to alt F4 out of the game and restart because the loading bar loads and then nothing happens. The game also does not disconnect on its own. It doesn’t time out. It just sits in an endless loading screen unless I manually restart it.

2 Likes

Yes, this is excatly the same as I have (Sigbowyn btw, I just changed my forum char)