Game doesn't work after 8.1 patch

Let’s be honest we’re talking about a company who make an estimated 1.5 billion dollars in revenue so of course they are not gonna care about the select few thousand who can’t log onto the game . I’m sick of automated robotic answers from so called tech people on here that do nothing but speel the same info that’s already on their support pages of what to do when things go wrong . Of course they are going to blame everything from graphic cards to your anti virus software , they just don’t care , it’s a “ merry Christmas” from blizzard and thanks for your subs - oh and ps most of us prob won’t be able to log on by christmas to open up our blizzard in game present lol :joy: - the irony !!!

3 Likes

just ty blizz for do nothing…we must sit and see some of our firends playing game without problems and we cant…just for a little update?? but i must say i can play now but with a sh itiest graphic :confused: just after lots of waiting in a load screen my game is runnig …i must say i found the issue …in setting>>advance …game just recognize my intel graphic not my amd…but in perevios version i was set it on amd…but now its not there

2 Likes

Can this problem be related to the fact that users have Intel processors, and AMD video cards? I just saw a similar problem

Have you guys and gals tried playing with the V-sync option?
Someone in the thread mentioned where you can access the text file with the options.

P.S. I’m playing on a Lenovo y50-70 GTX 860M(+integrated intel gfx), on Win 8.1 64bit.
I tested DX12 by playing on Win 10 for a bit but i was having horrendous performance issues that nothing would fix. Never had a problem launching the game,tho !!!
I suggest to all the people having problems:
Wait 1-2 days for Blizzard to try and fix this. If you have tried absolutely everything else and NOTHING works, move from Win 7/10 to Win 8.1.

I have same problem

Still no bluepost?

2 Likes

Still cannot start the game.

I am playing the game with integrated video card, all settings on low with 30-40 fps…

1 Like

I wonder if there is an issue around the auto-detection of graphic cards. It’s getting into an infernal loop hence the delay starting up, and one it has it has failed to pick up a card it resorts to the onboard graphics. Bringing up the settings and advanced tab might also trigger the bug hence the crashes at this point. It would be a hard bug to pick up during development as for the Devs all would seem in order. Don’t know if Blizzard could reach out to some of those suffering the problem to work with them to identify the cause? Maybe via the beta system?

Maybe even two related issues? Card detection and DirectX 12 support?

1 Like

A blind shot here but afaik one of the things Blizzard modified with the latest patch is Multi-threaded optimization. In NVControlPanel i have the option for Threaded Optimization On/Off/Auto. Can the AMD people check if you have a similar option in your drivers and play around with it? With your AMD graphics selected as preferred of course.

2 Likes

After the 8.1 patch my game wouldnt work then i got it to work by changing the dx12 to dx11 in config , now after todays patch game doesnt work again and this time not even on dx11 , awesome job yesterday my game worked after todays hotfix game doesnt want to start again , awesome.

2 Likes

I can’t play with INTEL HD. After i choose my character the game crashes at the loading screen

1 Like

Dear Blizzard,

Probably you start to try using a new graphics lib for developer. Probably you change your framework. Both might be according to symptoms. But, you WOW not a fully free game without any payment.
So, please test your application, libs, or even development process before you try to use in the production-environment. I would not buy new PC, new card, etc, I think so, there is a very simple situation.

We are paying for using your game, but not for bullsh1ts, while you aren’t paying to do the UAT and field test instead you.

Remain waiting for your true patch and the changing the payment period to longer by a week.

6 Likes

So i did change my DX12 version to DX11 from WTF- config file, and it worked fine yesterday, after this hotfix… i mean hotfucckup… i cant launch the game again… even if i se back to Dx12 etc

3 Likes

Same thing has happened to me Felriho

2 Likes

i can play on intel hd. WTF blizzard make this game stabilize.

1 Like

i just upgraded to nvidia gpu today, still same problem

1 Like

I was able to log in after the patch for two times, with extreme ping due to 100% usage of an internet connection, and today the same story. Now im stuck on fetching patch manifest for 3 hrs already. Im getting tired of this.

1 Like

Come on Blizz just listen and sort not asking for much from the over paid monkeys that work out this patching