Game stuttering

its was never your problem,its blizzard problem lol

But this is normal in this company sell unfinished products.no wonder the game is empty with each passing day.

Download Advanced Interface Options,

Find the cvar option - GxAllowCachelessShaderMode and set to 0

This fixed for me, but yeah Blizz need to sort.

1 Like

Same here yesterday all was fine today all settings resettet and i have 355 fps outside sw but everything pops up in front of me and shutters a bit, its like all mobs and even flowers appear out of nowhere in front of me

Also having FPS stuttering. Drove me barmy. Am sure will be fixed soon ℱ.

It’s quite sad. It’s so annoying with this frame freeze. I haven’t tried to fully reinstall the whole game from zero.

friend of mine with a 12900KS and an rtx 3090 Ti has even worse performance than i do at the same resolution. its 100% the game he doesnt use addons or anything.

1. Get addon AdvancedInterfaceOptions
  2. Search for CVar Browser
  3. Search there for GxAllowCachelessShaderMode
  4. Change value to 0
  5. In-game chat type /reload

this is %100 work for me

2 Likes

These guys are totally mental.

I’m a graphics engineer, I have more than 10 years of 3D development, worked as a contractor for Nvidia for 4 of those and now working for Corel.

This is 100% a software issue and what people sare saying about the GxCachelessShader is for sure related to it because how the shader cache works is essentially it reserves hard disk space for the shaders, meaning if the game has to renew missing or new shaders it will essentially have to load them from nowhere, which takes processing. Most games do this at loading phases. Wow has few loadings which means it compiles the shaders “on-the-go”, so if Blizzard has been messing with these settings creating new Cache Modes, this is exactly the errors you would be seeing.

But then again we have no clue what the Cvar values stand for, or what’s even behind the compiling algorithm. But even enabling or disabling this can cause stutters if the Caching System changed.

And caching will effectively freeze your frames if it’s compiling big chunks of data, hence why even in the loading screen sometims your mouse freezes for a second.

People aren’t having FPS drops. They’re having strutters, meaning the frames will still be at high but there will be FPS spikes to very low frame rates because of the compiling, so people aren’t having:

144 - 144 - 98 - 144 - 120 → 90 → 92 → 98 → 100 → 93

They’re having

144 - 144 - 10 - 144 - 144 → 144 → 0 → 144 → 144 → 15

Which is a software issue of how Blizzard choses to cache it’s graphic data.

We don’t know, and it could be anything. It can be the routing to the assets, it can be the compiler, it can be the cache algorithm, it can be an API, it can be anything.

There’s so many possible issues that it’s impossible to know without checking the source code of the 3D algorithms.

But no, it isn’t a client issue.

12 Likes

I did a full reinstall and no addons, still stutters, my drivers are up to date and im running a 3080ti along with 32gb Ram its on an SSD and Ryzen 7 series.

1 Like

u seem to know something, is there a explanation why not all have this ?

No, I have no way of knowing without knowing how their assets compiler works.

Maybe some access to memory is acting weird on some disks or the shader is trying to loop itself to a safe-fail codes like re-loading or re-compiling assets when there’s errors. But not way to know, this is just guesses.

And for some people might not even realize they have this now because they had inconsistent frames before, this is only more noticable for people with stable framerates because all of a sudden they’re now experiencing random cache spikes.

2 Likes

I was on earlier in SW with no problem, soon as I ported to Oribos it started the stuttering.

My addons were all disabled.

I am not messing with my computer either, at ‘turn it on and off again’ levels these days. :slightly_smiling_face:

Also would it hurt Blizzard to comment on the EU forum, even if only to acknowledge the issue and state they are working to fix it ?

Pretending this place doesn’t exist looks really bad imo.

1 Like

Hello, you seem to be educated. I’ve found this line in wtf config :
SET gxMaxFrameLatency “2”

and this text on Microsoft page :
The maximum number of back buffer frames that a driver can queue. The value defaults to 3, but can range from 1 to 16. A value of 0 will reset latency to the default. For multi-head devices, this value is specified per-head.

Possible solution in that value?

12700k/3070ti and i’m stuttering aswell. FPS is high, so it not about the PC. Unless the devs hate intel. (addons also disabled) - I tried multiple graphics settings to see if it fixed the issue, but no.

1 Like

I had the issue and then it seemed to magically fix itself. I don’t know. Maybe it’ll be back tomorrow
 Hopefully not, it makes it unplayable.

1 Like

I was kicked out at least 6 times from an Epic BattleGround. All the chat in the Epic appears to show so was everyone else. Its been a long time since I have seen a Windows Access Violation Error. The stuttering was a joke.

2 Likes

Finally someone that doesnt come here to write some random fix just for the sake of writting a fix !

And also a experienced person!

Myself im used to play at 60 fixed fps in 60 hz vsynced,nvidia low latency mode improved so much the latency this used to give,also my frametime is allways at a FIXED 16 ms with the occasional 20 to 25 ms caused by network traffic and not visible to naked eye.

I know a developer stutter when i see one , my pc too :slight_smile:

Most people play with no sync,250 fps on a 144 hz monitor or even 30 fps on 60 hz lol,they play with frametimes raging from 9ms to 200+ ms frames thats why they dont see the stutters,because they are used to play WITH stutters because of bad config.and diferent fps/hz

Either true gsync,or 144 hz 144 fps sync or 60 fps 60 hz sync you will allways have the perfect smoothness to be able to identify frametime stutter.

This is 100 % from the game streaming textures,player mogs,or something like that.

2 Likes

Seen many complaints about this.

Hopefully they’ll fix something soon.

Happening to me as well, it is very frustrating!

1 Like

MY FPS is stable 60,30,60 I stalled it at - I have stutter & motion sickness, I played with everything then reset to default turned all the shadows, water etc off - played with camera & it stopped - its the camera settings for me.