Ganking is a 100% legit tactic in wpvp

Aaaand it’s back to 20% buff…with the welfare shiney. Smh…

1 Like

Ooooooh so that’s why the port of Zandalar is swarming with Alliance today. I’m not complaining though. Completed A Call To Arms almost instantly.

Everytime a new ally gank squad showed up they were put down by Horde in no time. It was a hunting ground! Just keep it coming!

2 Likes

Yeah sure it’s a legit tactic but to what purpose?
I mean if you’re just constantly killing someone whose only ressing because they’re trying to get away from you, what tactical purpose does ganking them fulfill?
At some point one could easily interpret it as griefing because you’re actively undermining someone’s capability to play the game

Personally, whenever I see someone who resses after I took part in killing them, I won’t land the first blow. I leave it in their hands wether or not to challenge me again with the reward of killing me and the risk of being killed by me

1 Like

Well this was the other possibility, I wonder if it will fluctuate. I am guessing it will, but maybe eventually settle. Would be good to get to 10% though, and that is where ganking can play it’s part. Ganking is not griefing, since the opponents have pvp solutions. If a victim has the choice to simply stop being ganked, in numerous ways, then it’s a non issue. Ganking them at a gy might be the step too far, but general ganking is 100% legit.

Ganking can be fun anyway, but in this rebalancing situation, it can help encourage pve’ers to wm off. The legit tactic has a practical purpose, not just random killing, but focused suppression. Need more Alliance to form gank raids!

My guess is it will swing to Alliance getting the Quest to Alliance not getting the quest
Individual motivation aside, there is just more willingness from the horde as a collective to engage in PvP, BGs are no different with the honour bonus and allowing horde to queue as alliance
Basically the gear reward lures in the people who only do Warmode for the gearreward, which is Just another form of what caused the horde dominance; horde PvEers that only turned it on for the AP

The week Alliance loses the gear quest the vast majority sign off and come back next week when its up again

It wil however never be fully even unless they drastically change something and even then hope that what they change doesn’t make it worse again so any effort you make you Will lose the moment you come close enough to An even match to lose out on the gear reward

Removing the Gear reward or replacing it with something lesser now risks having a majority never partaking anymore because theyre spoiled by free loot so every ‘fix’

For the rest yeah, your arguement is not a bad one for wanting to encourage more even gameplay, scaring off horde players who dont like PVP is one course of action but like I said, another issue is the lack of willingness of the Alliance collective to partake without some gamebreaking reward (I also consider Warmode and Warfront rewards gamebreaking so this isnt faction bashing) or rather: that the bulk of alliance warmoders are not pvpers when the quest is up

1 Like

agreed it quest being back proved it didnt work.

nope its never going to fluctuate, becouse its not getting people into warmode that should be in warmode, all its doing is punishing those that actualy like warmode and bringing in the very people that werent supposed to be in it in the first place, this isnt about horde that shouldnt have warmode on anymore, they left ages ago this is now just rewarding the alliance for cowardace and you know it.

I am wondering how many real pvp’ers this game still has.

The gaming industri has launched so many action filled pvp games these past years, that I think the players who are pvp-players to the core has moved on to games where they really can feel the adrenaline.

Some of the changes have not been for the interest of the pvp-players, but I think it’s been made in the hopes of making pve-players to pvp’ers… But you can’t change how people wants to play with items that doesn’t feel like it’s not made for the sake of pvp.

And I don’t think ganking squads are the reason why people turn off WM - wolf packs running around killing everything on sight is part of any good pvp game.
People turn the WM off, but without telling the real reason or if they can’t put a finger on why they don’t like the WM-function they blame ganking and/or faction imbalance.

1 Like

and yet, the quest rewards those people rather than punishing them.

Facing off against the opposing faction in key areas is normal in WM, but facing a mass of zerging alliance gankers who only want a peice of free loot rather than keeping it on, is not what WM is about.

I meant fluctuate as in go from 20% to 15, to 20 to 15, etc. I think that is possible. Seems unlikely to go back to 30%, annoying if it did. From 30 to 20, to 15 for a few weeks, then 20, and in future perhaps more often at 15% is an improvement to eu wm faction balance anyway. Nothing we can do about what players choose to do in wm, wpvpers just gotta focus on fun!

People turn it off for the same reason nobody, apart from die hard rogue players, rolled on a server that were dominated by the opposing faction. The game isn’t playable when you can’t move 10 feet without getting zerged by some pve heroes. It’s that simple.

So no, it’s not good for the game.

And every game is different. Just because I like pvp in WoW it doesn’t mean I will like all games that features pvp.

the horde likes Warmode though the fact that it went down isnt becouse more horde came on, its becouse alliance dont want to pvp, and the game shouldnt reward them for not wanting to play properly.

The best WM was on was when the quest was off, people took part naturaly. Yeah the odd raid formed but that happened on both sides and were iccolated, now alliance is once again rewarded for turning OFF warmode.

I never said that, BUT upon returning I can see that pvp has changed over 10 years.
If you still believe that pvp and WoW is the same, then ask yourself where all those pvp playrs are at - because I rarely see them in the guilds I’m at, they are in WM on both sides for perks

You didn’t? You said pvp players have moved onto other games. And while people do have different tastes when it comes to games, I have a hard time believing that’s a dominating reason. Every game that offers pvp will give different sorts of gameplay. Liking wow’s form of pvp isn’t that far fetched.

The basics of pvp is the same. Pacing have changed, people talk about it being more cd dependant now, although I don’t remember much of the time when it wasn’t (or I should say, I don’t put much trust in my memories of how pvp was).
There’s been some bad pruning done (and some good) that has lessened the experience, but the basics are the same.

Dev’s mismanaging the pvp scene is a different matter. I believe it’s a snowball effect.

Ganking is perhaps a “valid tactic” but it’s an extremely cowardly way to get a quest done, cuz let’s face it: the alliance currently resorting to this tacting weren’t even IN WarMode a few weeks back. They’re hardly hardened PvPers. Then all of a sudden 30% buff and free epic and every dungeon entrance and flightpath with a quest NPC is camped 24/7. This isn’t fun (and I’m gonna bet Horde does it too, so you should know exactly how it feels), it’s not “PvP”, it’s not Honorable, it’s like a group of players camping a critterspawn. You land at the flightpath and you’re dead before you get a bloody skill of. It might be an efficient tactic to get your PvE quest done, but it’s an crappy way of going about it. I refuse to believe any serious PvPer would resort to this shameful tactic… Even at 4:30 am in the morning there’s 30+ alliance camping the FP at Terrace of the Devoted, with a dude mounted up on top of the Tortollan NPC to prevent people interacting with it. That isn’t PvP, it’s a free farm on anyone trying to do the Tortollan quests. Get a raid going to counter it at that time? Good luck…
Personally I’ve played on a PvP server my entire WoW carreer, which is now on and off for 12 years. I don’t have a problem with the odd gank by a group of Alliance passing through, getting wrecked by an alliance raid waiting to enter a raid, or even the odd corpse camp by someone that outlevels my alt by 50 levels (not sure what’s so fun in that though, but whatever makes them feel big and mighty). This crapstorm however, is the first time I’ve ever had such issues moving around in the world, for such an extended period of time, that I’ve seriously concidered turning off WM. Permanently. And I have a feeling I’m not alone.

Blizz should atleast look into how to seriously discourage this behaviour on both sides. Camping a flightpath is a cowardly tactic that should just be made impossible.

1 Like

Agree, but in my experience for 10 years playing the game I’ve never seen a pve-er become a pvp-er. I know a lot of ppl who want to, but they couldn’t. It’s different mentality.

Ganking squads might be the reason for wm off for people who have turned it on temporarily - pve-ers. They would blame ganking, but because it doesn’t suit their playstyle and their style has nothing to do with pvp.

1 Like

Ganking is a thing that happens in WPvP and it’s a legit tactics. What I’m tired of is seeing people who claim they’re part of the superior PvP faction when I know they’ve boldly braved odds where they are 2:1 or more /s.

I don’t think any of the two factions claims to be superior in pvp. What makes me sad is the fact that most of us need a special incentive to turn wm on.

Its like blizzard gave both factions the same bicycle…but the alliance need sidewheels to ride theirs.:unamused:

1 Like

Ganking FPs should be definitely banned. However, outside the warfronts I can personally find a lot of 1v1 situations to challenge players and have fun!

The Horde does, seriously just read just about anything PvP related and that argument will most likely pop up.

As Taliesin said in a video about AOO “now the Horde are saying that Alliance is ganking people at flight points and they would never do something that dishonourable, except I know for a fact that I’ve been ganked at the aforementioned flight points when I’m on my Alliance.”

It’s a psychological mechanism that everyone overestimates themselves. They’re more generous that they are, they’re more honourable than they are, etc.

Some Horde players are especially good at this.

1 Like