Ganking low lvl characters in Duskwood and Stranglethorn

I agree and that is bannable.

Again for the hard of reading, whoever at Blizzard said warmode should be fair?

How can I get hold of Blizzards official figures? Just looking at a post a few days ago that the creator edited shows it happening, it would be an easy fix for Blizzard to do and looking at the twink forums shows people posting how to do it and many “thanks” posts after it. And no, I will not link it here.

You mean like the warmode gankees do?

Edit: All we say is if you don’t want to be ganked turn warmode off and all the others say is make warmode fair, the two sides will never agree.

3 Likes

Why should it be vastly unfair? You cant tell me a fully geared level 120 is ganking a level, for example, 34 in heirlooms for a challenge?

How about then if there is a huge discrepancy between ganker and gankee in levels (120 vs a 34). The ganker is unable to re-gank for x amount of time. Stops the constant griefing of lower levelled players while levelling and allows the ganker to have abit of fun.

3 Likes

They don’t even get honour

2 Likes

Some people have small “members”, so they try to make up for it by doing stuff similar to tanking low levels :smiley:

Why should it be vastly fair?

They don’t do it to be challenged, they do it for their own reasons. Some of it is malevolent.

If they did it would be much more prevalent, as would be the complaining.

2 Likes

Never really seen the appeal in ganking. Sure, I’ve done it a couple of times, out of boredom mostly, but never consistently and not for long periods of time either. Usually just kill a couple lowbies you encounter and then move on. Actually, most of the time I see a low level player and have PvP on I spare them, because I can’t bother attacking them at all unless they provoke me etc.

3 Likes

War mode = War between factions

If you cant stand getting gy camped or flightpath camped or corpse camped , you can switch it off.

Ganging low level players and ruin their leveling process was always a fun part of the game for me.

Nobody does it for honor , its just faction war and you gotta dominate the enemy faction one way or another.

If you cant handle it , you can always turn it off.
I get frustrated when i do the Winter Veil daily quest on my alts when they one shot me but thats the game i like to play.

Im not here to hug kittens with an undead.

5 Likes

Why not give them honour for it then? Just turn the + to a juicy little -

I don’t think that it would be a good idea, ganking would be the main PvP honour source.

I have been ganked before, I never complained about it, what I did do was go and do some ganking of my own. Spreading my misery around, after 30 minutes or so I stopped.

1 Like

I see you didn’t read all my post. I said make it a minus not a plus

To whom would it be a minus if you gave gankers HP? I thought the Gankee.

Its simple: guards should be the same strength as mythic 10 mobs: syring enough to deal with a single player regardless of their gear, but weak enoough to be dealt with by a larger, coordinated group.

Wm is funnest when you know you have a safe zone to fall back to, instead of just having to log off for an hour

2 Likes

I meant as in deduct their hp. Maybe my grammar was off.

Blizzard took away dishonourable kills in Classic, at least I think it was Classic. Some people would still do it anyway.

I gotta say, playing with WM on my main/alts this xpac has introduced me to a different side of the opposite faction lol Horde are genuinely pathetic in pvp, especially the gankers who sit in darkshire etc. lol

Takes an extra exceptional individual to sit and one shot level 30 and below players and actually enjoy it…

…then again, going from how Horde are in world pvp at 120, it’s likely the only pvp kills they can get :smiley:

and before some hordey boys or girls start the whinging, yes, I get it, I only see it from one side and it could quite easily be the same for you scumlords over there, but that wouldn’t make for a spicy faction post would it!

4 Likes

Ganking is not a Horde exclusive activity. There are just as many Alliance out there doing the same on Kalimdor or other zones where they find levellers.

3 Likes

Ganking lowbies has been in every PVP game i have ever played. Killing the quest givers is not bannable btw either.

It’s force you to turn WM off or log your alt on. If you are a PVE player who just wants the level bonus then have this happen to you then that’s pin through your own doing.

3 Likes

see bottom disclaimer of my post lol

Dont like pvp ? Turn wm off and stop crying

3 Likes

Just seems to be a trend to complain as if it’s only one faction doing it.