Ganking low lvl characters in Duskwood and Stranglethorn

Almost always Alliance whining. 90/10 split

Dishonorable Kills never had anything to do with killing low lvl players, they were given for killing civilian NPCs when in PvP combat - it was an attempt to solve repeated killings of quest-givers and vendors to grief other players. But it had a very bad consequences for WPvP raids and battles in cities or near them, because losing side is always run for the city/town/etc and DKs were inevitable for anyone who pursued.

It was a very bad system, and nobody, who is interested in WPvP in any way, would want it back.

As for “How to punish gankers” discussion - invite other gankers to your side! It’s a PvP situation/problem, it can be easily solved with a PvP solution. It could go like this ofc, hehe

anyway - WPvP will happen if you put time / effort.

There are scripted / fair PvP modes in this game. WPvP is unscripted and unpredictable chaos, and in it sometimes you have to rely on other players to have your back just as they could rely on you - you know, social aspect / MMO / etc.

If you just want % and to be left alone - not going to happen, ether you accept the risks and what’s needed to solve problems, or just turn it off.

For those who can’t find gankers because they are on another shard:

• From your low lvl character who gets ganked, invite your friend / guildie / anybody in your group. It’s better if they won’t be in the same zone.
  • Wait for them to get in the same zone with your low lvl character, so they 100% on the same shard.
  • Pass leader to your friend.
  • Log off, and log in your main, get in that group and go into their zone.
  • or 
 raid+assist+lfg without passing a leader

It still can bug out and you’ll be on another shard, but it works almost every time from what I hear of other players experience. And it’s the only way anyway.

2 Likes

Gankers are great, it’s fun for 120s to defend places like Redridge and Darkshire. These gankers, they are not always easy to beat. A certain hunter has killed me many times, but I keep trying! All part of the fun.

WM on = accept no rules PvP.

3 Likes

Why would it be bannable? NPC is designed to be constantly killed. If Blizz didn’t want that, surely it would save them bother to just make the NPC unkillable. Anyone been banned for killing NPCs?

3 Likes

Turn off warmode and quit crying about dying on a lowbie it’s the part of the cycle if it’s red it’s dead, there is already stupidly obnoxious guards in BFA which have ruined WPvP completely that do absurd damage and obnoxious roots, I don’t know why they up’d the guards like that it was a stupid idea.

5 Likes

It’s called griefing, Killing players over and over is fine but not NPCs. They are not designed to be constantly killed.

Yes, I have seen people coming to the old forums complaining about it.

Except they are.

I assume WM definition of griefing is same as on old pvp servers. If there is a pvp remedy, it’s not griefing. And in this situation, there is a pvp remedy.

3 Likes

Trust me, I know it sucks. Spent 3 hours getting camped by Alliance 2 days ago. I couldn’t even jump back into my body because they just sat there spitting on me. So I logged off, came back hours later and they were still running around the area. I ended up logging one of my alts and just levelling that one instead.

But you know, it’s what I signed up for. I agreed to have increased XP and PvP buffs, and in return, I’m enlisted to fight Alliance. Don’t like it, well, you can always just turn it off. In fact, in situations like ours, it’s probably quicker to level without war mode, because we’re spending less time running back to our bodies and more time grinding without dying.

4 Likes

Yikes what did i just read? This makes me sad tbh.

Blizzard have sadly added guards at good wpvp spots already, we don’t want more guards IN WM, it’s bad how it is already.

" 1. Ensure that people that have +15/20 levels cannot attack the other player."
Are you high? It’s a reason why low lvls get a bonus to have wm on.

Go and get some friends to help out, i am sure someone in general chat can come and help too, don’t give blizzard more bad ideas.

3 Likes

You are 100% wrong, repeatedly killing the questing NPCs is against the rules and counts as griefing, but it has to be reported. You can only kill players all you want.

Tell me how is ganging PvP?

1 Like

PvP stands for player vs player and ganking is player vs player no matter how unfair it is just turn wm off when you wanna quest because there are always people who take on the weak because they suck with the actual max level PVP

3 Likes

Whether it’s Blizz policy or not, if there’s a PvP remedy, there should be no reason to get banned for NPC killing. And WM on, there’s a PvP remedy, unless a player is exploiting. I guess it’s down to the GM that handles the report to make the decision. Maybe I will test it out.

1 Like

I have no problem if someone is ganging, my problem is that you Can’t punish them, because they just queue up in arena/bg and they leave the fight.
So what I’d like to say is that there is no problem with ganging if you can punish the one ganging and there is no such a thing that you can escape by queueing.
It should be made that way, until you’re engaged in a PvP combat you’re unable to accept the queue which poped.

3 Likes

Just turn wm off on ur leveling char ur making this hard for urself

1 Like

That would be a very VERY welcome change!

2 Likes

Remember, someone has to report you. You can get banned for killing the NPCs over and over again, IF YOU ARE REPORTED. The “PvP remedy” is only for players being killed.

Killing the player that is doing the NPC killing is a solution, therefore it is a PvP remedy - depending on the GMs viewpoint. If reported, I assume a good GM would suggest killing the offending player rather than banning them. Seems to be the case, otherwise the gankers constantly killing NPCs in Darkshire would surely be stopped.

2 Likes

I would guess people re not reporting them.

Ye exactly - if it was a real issue players would report them, and if Blizz considered it a prob they would ban. If NPC killing happening enough to result in reports and bans, it’s surely rare to reach that severity, so non issue I guess.

It’s always funny when players think they have been wronged, and bypass the reporting system to harass the “offending” player
 breaking actual rules hehe!

2 Likes