General RP Chat #52: *A flash of light did nothing*

Personally I’m in a bit of a rut of exhaustion which means less creative and thoughtful posts and more dream diaries for those who like them as I’m kind of just mostly recuperating a lot of the time.

On the plus side I recovered a piece I wrote in the style of the poetic edda so that’s going on the fridge with a gold star.

Everything in that last sentence is just right.

Well, I’m liking the new Night Warrior customisation - was pleasantly surprised that it works for DKs. How kind of the devs :thinking:

Your post itself was fine, it’s just the fact I was pretty much skipped over, and forum community etiquette has been, for a very long time, that we respond to one another when trolled rather than treating the troll as a legitimate person who deserves the proper response.

Same thing happened to me the other day in the “describe in five words” one. I don’t know why we’re suddenly letting people get away with this? It’s hard enough to post as it is without enduring this nonsense on top.

It does?! That gives me many ideas.

1 Like

True, I just wrote that on the verge of falling asleep and didn’t pay enough attention to the flow of the thread. It was quite literally the case that I almost trailed off to the mists of Morpheus, phone in hand.

It seemed an oversight at first. My death knight looks way too cute in Night Warrior aspect for an elf that’s supposed to be a walking heap of compost strategically covered up in rusty plate.

1 Like

I guess someone out there shares my love for adorbs DKs :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Because nothing says adorable like a harbinger of death, pain, and suffering.

I mean! Look at Mr. Bigglesworth!

2 Likes

Hair as pink as a unicorn. Eyes as black as the void.

1 Like

Y’all are creepy.

Also the true adorable death knights are gnomes. And that is the truth.

I actually refuse to use the death knight skins that aren’t hollow eyed and rotty. It’s downright weird how pretty and sweet she looks if given a Darkshore makeover. I’d prefer tweaks to make death knights even worse looking.

Thank you.

Dream Diary chapter 55; The Leper Colony.

We enter the life of a plucky teenager doing nothing in particular besides school. One day, her eccentric but beloved grandfather drops by with a plan. He is a cynical, surly sort with an acerbic wit and needs to show her something since “it’s time”.

Using a fancy new GPS that’s sort of like a real time google maps, they travel Westward by car to the hills and valleys of a neighbouring province. Not much is said during the ride but grandpa perks up at seeing their destination on the map; a rocky isle in the region’s largest lake, looking every bit like a peninsula that broke off from the mainland.

Parking as far into the woods as the terrain will allow them, the two step out into the summer eve and start approaching the shore of the lake and the way across to the isle. As they get close, the isle towers above the treeline; a rocky small mountain covered in forestry but with a few large and dilapidated buildings crowning the cliffs. An old metal bridge in a military style stretches across the span, its red paint peeling and flakey from decades of neglect, discouraging signs hanging loose.

Grandpa cryptically insists that this is important and to keep one’s guard up. The two aren’t alone here no matter what it might seem like. He grabs a stout stick, sharpening it into a spear “just to be sure”. Suddenly, the rocky isle comes alive with undulating howls and cries. A terrifying noise that quickly fades, turning to snarls as the isle’s inhabitants emerge from the shadows.

They’re sickly, malformed things, their skin marked with rough, bulbous growths and their twisted bodies are bloated in places despite an otherwise skinny and malnourished build. Whatever humanity they once had is gone, these diseased troglodytes acting like more than a territorial wolfpack than people.

Thankfully, they are just as ungainly as they appear, with poor coordination and an awkward, slow gait. Aggressive but easily avoided, grandpa fends them off with his spear and urges the teen to do the same with anything on hand. These things don’t stop, he says, “just let one touch you and shove it off!”

He doesn’t need to ask twice as a shambling, gibbering genderless creature only vaugely resembling a human locks its knobby, warty(?) fingers around the girl’s wrist. Once the initial shock and terrified scream fades, the creature is knocked over, its grip weak and clammy. With grandpa’s approval, the two quickly flee across the old military bridge as the creatures will not follow.

The spot where the creature grabbed the girl’s arm is sore and flakey, like a sunburn and very concerning but grandpa insists that it’s nothing. Faced with a barrage of shocked, angry questions, he calmly explains that it was necessary. Everyone in the family has to do it at some point. They’re special. “We’re immune.” he explains, and it’s genetic. It just needs some exposure to kick in. Those things will spread, it’s inevitable, and being immune as a carrier is how you survive it. He doesn’t know how many others are like his family but it can’t be too many. Grandpa knows way too much about this and it’s implied but not stated that long ago, on that military isle, he had a hand in creating whatever dwells there now.

2 Likes

I wonder if the night warrior stuff works for DHs… I can’t be arsed to check, tho. And Fael looks stupid without the blindfold.

(He does anyway, but ssh, that’s just because I’ve crappy leather mogs.)

Hey, if it works for DKs. I don’t see why not for DHs! If it doesn’t then Blizzard fails again at consistency!

It certainly does not work on demon hunters. They’re eyeless to begin with and already get a custom skin design.

Could we perhaps change the title of the thread since the lack of post limits means that numbering it is now pointless?

That would just ruin the lovable confusion for any newcomers to the forum!

Better this way; and we also have ourselves a new sacred number~