General RP Chat #52: *A flash of light did nothing*

I am pretty sure there exists a fetish for that, so maybe their relationship isn’t quite so doomed?

1 Like

Inb4 Man’ari Eredar x Lightforged Draenei

1 Like

The forbidden fruit is always the sweetest… :smirk:

1 Like

A few things that’s on my mind about the RP Forums as of late:-

Can we stop the controlling other people’s characters - it’s disrespectful, unimaginative and, ultimately, boring to read.

Can you please be aware of your character’s actions. The Void/Fel is accepted, but isn’t used excessively in public spaces, so please don’t.

Telling us your character’s awesome Fel/Void powers comes across self-centred and goes back to being boring, please don’t. Also, be aware what your character is. If you’re obviously infused with dangerous powers or undead people aren’t going to be happy to converse mundanely - of course, your character can be there, but make it interesting why they would be there: it’s part of the fun.

Treat other characters with respect, and you’ll quickly find the enjoyment of RP is going back and forth - not turning up telling how amazing a usually bland character is because the person is incapable of showing, or lacks patience to share, in an entertaining way.

That said, the freedom of RP is there. Unless established, you can state where both characters will meet and have their exchange (in the Date thread it’s usually an establishment run by the Dating Agency, but not always!).

Blizzard hasn’t given much to culture and language, but this gives one the space to make up a word or two, a type of clothing that other races don’t understand, time of day Common doesn’t have the word for, new meals of the day. There is plenty we can have fun with.

Just make sure it is together and not at each other.

If anyone wants to add anything or ask questions please feel free, as always.

10 Likes

Agreed. Random horseplay beyond the stated and implied norms, meta, character control and casual killings used to mostly be the purview of trolls. Regular, commonly accepted taboos seem to have melted away fast and personally, it ruins my motivation to contribute to the threads.

A character can be weird, wild, dangerous and unpredictable but also has to function with other people and the context of the general premise rather than drag everyone around them into the gathering maelstrom of madness that they represent. If they don’t, the RP just becomes about them and how they’re stirring the pot, forcing everyone else to react or just avoid it.

But maybe I expect too much from a casual, silly “do x to above poster” thread and take them far too seriously? True or not, there’s a marked, off putting decline in standard procedure going on.

5 Likes

100% agreed with the above two. If you’re using other people’s characters as props to highlight how powerful, dark and cool yours is you’re really not giving the rest a lot to work with.

2 Likes

How do we like the new races? I’m working out a few ideas but I’m not sure of which one I’ll pursue first.

1 Like

Needless to say I was very prepared for them and like them very much.

1 Like

Don’t want to fan the whole Horde bias thing, but I must say the Zandalari unlock was the best Allied so far!
I can’t wait the Vulpera :wine_glass:

I don’t particularly care for Kul Tirans or Zandalari but I’m still very much in love with my new Dark Iron Dwarf.

Aesthetically I love my dino druid, but once the novelty of a dino druid wears off… well it’s still just a druid, so… I like them well enough I guess, but the aesthetics only carry it so far.

I do wish the fake Troll hair was available to actual Trolls though, some of them are very nice indeed.

1 Like

That’s a real concern that I have with non-nelf druids. Their aesthetic and themes soak into all things druid via the cenarion circle and the other druid races are just along for the ride as late bloomers and the zandalari are the ultimate outsiders in the system. Thematically contained to their expansion and homeland, they’re similar to death knights and demon hunters as niche gimmicks.

1 Like

The addition of Kul Tirans has brought a whole new level of ‘fat’ and ‘dad’ jokes to Warcraft never seen before…

Honestly I think Pandaren already brought plenty of fat jokes into Warcraft.

Is it just me,
Or are there really no other races in levelling dungeons other then zandalari?

I saw a few elves here and there, a mag’har once or twice, but it is like the Zandalari is completely new and exciting that people have been waiting for since Blizzcon.

1 Like

During my time levelling Zandalari, I only ever saw Zandalari in dungeons really.

WHAT?! What madness is this?! People are lvling the new race that just come out?! You’re lying aren’t you!

It’s almost like they’re new :thinking:

1 Like

I don’t get how people are levelling so fast.

Everybody is all
“I got to 39 in under an hour”
“I’m 120!”
“I got my heritage.”

I’m sitting here like… “I’m 33…”

1 Like