General RP Chat #52: *A flash of light did nothing*

Dream Diary piece of mind no. #70: SPACE ELVES!

They’ve come a long way. Colonists, scientists, artists, families. Watching their new home from the safety of their spaceship, the elfin aliens ready up to begin their new lives, full of hope and excitement.

The planet below glows with verdant life, a paradise garden ready to be shaped to the needs of its new people. Alleged to be uninhabited, continents stretch out, surrounded by glittering oceans. It will be the future they hoped for.

Then the colony ship stops responding. Some damage sustained during the long flight through space or some other, unknown factor causes the machinery to fail on entry, the crew bracing for impact in collective panic as the navigators guide the ship into an emergency landing at a forested mountain range.

The ship shakes, groans and splits apart like a dropped fruit, its seeds, the people, falling out helplessly as many are lost. More still are lost to the force of the impact. Most of the crew yet live and step outside as the hatches open, their new home revealed.

The forest is primal and ancient; a rich cauldron of biodiversity and beauty with thick roots sprawled along cliffsides. Reverence of its glories aside, the survivors gather to mourn and plan. Some terrible news is brought by the ship’s captain; the colonisation equipment broke and they have no replacement. What was to be a new paradise home of glittering spires will never be, the colonists now forced to survive on what they have left.

Once the despair settles, a plan is made. All things of worth, use and of value are gathered in carts, buckets, bowls, anything and anywhere they will fit and the colonists move down the mountainside, a civilization on the march making its own path through the primeval forest. Men, women, children, all single file so that none stray and are lost, their long walk is one of mournful determination.

All is not lost. They are still scientists, crafters, survivors! They know the bounty of nature and can work with it to live in spite of everything. Finding shelter among the boughs and cliffs of the valley below, they set about building. Not the vast sprawl of an interstellar colony but a home for all that it will hold with anything avaliable. They know that they will make changes to their ways just as they had to leave their old dreams behind. This is for their children and the children of their children. The future is in the hands of those who work for it and adapt to this new life.

Thus the space elves become wood elves, regressed to iron age technology, hunting with bow and arrow and developing a new culture and art from what they lost. In time, as generations pass, they forget the stars. The forest is their home.

Are there even other people out there beyond it? Explorers make ready to find out.

1 Like

Is there a guild for like forum RPers? If not maybe we should make one?

I’d think more on the lines of a battlenet community, if you want to make one. Lots of people are in RP guilds already.

For reasons too complicated to further elaborate upon, I nearly tore out an entire toenail and I’m miserable. I just need to share that.

1 Like

My toenails hurt after I read this. Thanks.

1 Like

No, nope, nono, nope. Be gone with your nail-less toe!

On another subject, should I join a guild? Does anyone have any guilds to recommend? I’ve never bothered joining a guild because I’m an extremely casual player as I don’t get a massive amount of time to play WoW but I’m just wondering if I should join one anyway.

You probably should. You really get the most out of your WoW (roleplaying and PvE/PvP) experience when you do it with people you know and like. That being said I’m not in an active guild right now because I’m possibly a more extremely casual player than you are at this point.

I also like this dead guild’s tabard and the memories with it.

1 Like

If the GM knows and is alright with you not being online a lot, then you’ve really no reason not to join a guild.

Even though I have a lot of my fondly remembered IC moments on a guildless character, I still highly recommend being part of at least one RP guild at all times, because it just coems in handy and takes less effort to do elaborate character storylines and development.

Again, if the GM is alright with it, you really have no reason not to give it a shot.

1 Like

It’s more like 85% nail-less. This shunning breaks my heart.

Have disquieting day?

Cooking my morning ramen, I can almost feel the rumbling reverberations of roaring Ramseyan rage. I need better standards.

Oranges. Cheap, abundant, healthy and a decent (if small) breakfast.

I was gonna eat my coco shreddies today, opened my drawer, forgot I was out of coco shreddies last week.

My day is ruined.

Oh also our shower packed up on Sunday and our landlords (who are my Dad and Stepmum) aren’t getting it fixed till next week. Yay.

This heat is killing me. I think I just hallucinated a Cath post.

2 Likes

I’m on day two of my “please come back to us, here’s three days free!” plea from Blizz.

To be fair it’s improved. A bit. Or maybe that’s just Stockholm syndrome talking, who can say.

It’s just the novelty, hasn’t worn off yet for some people. Or denial. Or as you say, Stockholm’s. The game hasn’t improved.

I enjoy it so far.
Most of the raid fights are fun and interesting, there is loads to do in the new zones even if they kinda lost some of their flair by now.

While the whole ‘Essence system’ isn’t perfect (wish it was accound wide) it isn’t the worst either and gives you something to work towards for a while as some of the essences can be quite hard to get or upgrade depending on what you do.

Is this patch perfect? No, but it is a clear improvement over what was before.

2 Likes

I didn’t think i had more gametime, but i do
And glad to hear you’re enjoying the game Vardamir
personally: there’s a low chance for me to return

Personally I enjoy the content but I’m so overwhelmed with the nice weather, hanging with friends and working that I haven’t logged on in forever. Only complaint is that Najatar wreaks havoc upon my poor old laptop.

In other news, I got tattoo #10 yesterday. Finally got The Bars (the logo of Black Flag) tattooed on me. This one was a long time coming. Black Flag’s been part of my musical DNA in forever and they sit somewhere near the center of the spider web that is my taste in music.

1 Like

More or less. I’m not at my best in the heat and do not function in the evenings when most of the roleplaying happens. I do have a few characters to busy myself with but the content progression is extremely limited as it all adds up.

I just need to slip back into my Cataclysm slippers and not care much at all about the level and gear of the characters I’m engaging with stories. Goofy looking Nightborne, the old orc and priest things hold the most appeal but I could be dragged into grouchy night elf druid play with the right company. We’ll see once summer settles back into torrential downpours and ten degrees celsius as is normal for the season.

My musical taste has solid roots but the branches go pretty damn wild and eclectic. I’m currently consuming folk-ish things to inspire bardic roleplaying.

This is not a dream diary but I had a dream in this heat where I was fat. Very fat indeed and my droopy butt looked terrible in the mirror. I guess I’m doing squats before bed tonight.