General RP Chat #52: *A flash of light did nothing*

I feel you. Back on Ravenholdt I felt a sense of community that I haven’t yet felt on AD. AD feels at times too large for me but at least I can at all times find someone (anyone) to RP with which suits my needs now better.

1 Like

I reckon the player count will climb a bit with 8.2

I’ve been very busy ingame and outside of it, dealing with stuff and things without the inspiration to contribute the usual nonsense.

1 Like

I’ll probably disappear for a while when Borderlands 3 comes out… but it won’t come out on Steam till next year and the hell will I buy anything off the epic store again

1 Like

Anyone got their eyes on Nvidia’s 2000 series?

That RTX 2080 ti is looking mighty tasty for my summer gaming… !

Blame the state of BfA. The RP forum struggled to have an active roster of more than 10 people posting actively, and Blizzard have really hurt everyone on the forum with this xpac.

Can’t say I have. My current laptop is a GTX 960M and serves practically any game I have very well. In a few years, when I need to replace this laptop…I’ll probably get something comparable to that.

1 Like

I’m really irritated at the way WoW’s writing put my character in a dubious box. She’s Schrödinger’s Elf; somehow both possibly blood and void depending on factors I cannot know and is unplayable in RP as a result.

No dream story today because its decription would violate community guidelines for obscenity.

3 Likes

Can never go wrong picking Powerwolf for a worgen, imo. :smiley:

I had an idea for a frictionless magnetism based generator for electricity but like my earlier biological battery, the invention vanished immediately from my mind before I could put it to writing.

I was probably wrong about the physics of it anyway.

For anyone that doesn’t get the reference:

Gee it sure is quiet around here…

I just wonder what Gamons up to

Forum feels pretty ded indeed.

1 Like

Not just the forum.

It is as if a less exciting version of the Scourge has just happened.

A symptom of the current situation of the game. I am waiting to see how people react to 8.2, though the PTR already disgusts me in numerous ways regarding the storywriting and railroading.

Gamon is probably in limbo awaiting Blizzard’s next move on him.

I’m actually busy with summer things and assorted obligations. There’s not much spare juice to post on the forum. At least I’m giving notice that I’m not gone.

Currently truckin’ through the HotS summer mecha anime event and Yrel’s mechsuit skin popped for me. The green one. I notice that the quests are widely different in the time that they take to complete. Play 4 games or heal 400,000 health in winning games? Which do you pick?

Trick question as they’re all required for completion with identical rewards. This would be easier with friends, for sure.

hey everyone, i am kinda new to this RP in wow, and i have trouble to start anything, or just get into a guild, i am on eu ravenholdt or eu silvermoon, may i have some help or advice :slight_smile:

I’d advise to switch realms. Neither of them have much RP going, as far as I know.

1 Like

Yeah, unfortunately, the general consensus on this expansion, is that it is pretty much just crap.
So with the playerbase getting drained, RP is much harder to find.
AD used to be the “packed with RPers” realm and even Stormwind can be completely dead, when I remember during Legion it was packed 24/7.

Hell, we were even meming about the lag that was caused from so many players in SW at xpac launch, it was hilarious.
Now you pretty much have to either be in a guild, have RP friends, get a character who has a reason to walk up to anybody, or pray you get a ton of luck.

Apperantly Ravenholdt is an RP realm. Live and learn. Don’t know anything about the server so good luck with finding any.

If you don’t there’s Argent Dawn, currently the largest and despite doom crys and soothsayers is far from completely dead. It’s just not as active as it was, but there’s still RP all throughout the day every day in multiple locations and you don’t have to look very hard to find it.

You can still even find RP well into the early morning, very easily, if you look for it. Though those sorts of cries do give some idea of how inactive the smaller RP realms are likely to be, unfortunately.

Hope you dip into it and enjoy what you find.

Ravenholdt had a mass exodus of RP’ers during Cataclysm and as far as I’m aware it hasn’t recovered from that since.