General RP Chat #52: *A flash of light did nothing*

Sounds like happy, cuddly dreams.

More like unsettling content. Iā€™ve posted similarly graphic stories before the big forum rework but now I donā€™t dare to share them. Maybe Iā€™ll take up that old suggestion and do a Lovecraft, massaging dreams into proper short stories one day. I do write them down, after all.

Anyway, how do we like the new goblins and worgen?

Iā€™m thinking of making a goblin tech-priest to RP.
Could be interesting.

And about worgenā€¦ still only play Alliance for void elves, so not really interested. :man_shrugging:

I kinda like them. Half tempted to make a Goblin priest thatā€™s actually a devoted light worshipper, honest and true.

1 Like

My Goblin priest was essentially a televangelist, and sold little salvation tokens via mail. Sadly I never got to develop him much as most people were too clever to fall for his obvious scam, even for fun.

1 Like

You ever get really bored and decide ā€œYou know what my character needs? A business card!ā€

So hereā€™s Nendrovusā€™s Business Card

https://imgur.com/a/XLzMpXY

1 Like

Itā€™s quite purple.

As it should be.

With the new goblins and worgen here at last, do any of you have new characters or ideas to share?

Damn havenā€™t been here for a long time(Since BFA sucks) hope yall are doing good.

1 Like

Iā€™m dipping into Classic. My poor laptop canā€™t handle Najatar. Doing alright. Very very busy with work and in need of a long vacation though. How have you been?

Same ol gotta a job and back in school, so pretty busy.

Iā€™m just hoping the next expac breathes some life into the RP forums because it seems no oneā€™s here that much. in Legion, it was pretty active but during BFA saw a huge drop off. Letā€™s hope this Blizzcon can bring people back(Heard this Blizzcon is going to be hype). anyway, I was just checking up on you guys since itā€™s been so long.

Wut up my dawg. Iā€™ve missed you!

Things have been going great for me, been dipping my feet into digital art and got not 1 but 2 solid jobs that I love!

Just got back into WoW since ESO is pushing the crown store so damn hard and Elsweyr has no contentā€¦ Sound familiar?

Only difference is that ESO has NO CONTENT. We jest about BFA but holy crapā€¦ ESOā€¦

Anyway, good to have you back my d00d!

Iā€™m doing fine, thanks. Life plods along with inexorable inevitability.

Iā€™m too busy with general living to post much in the way of stories. Some of my old characters have new forms that Iā€™m not posting on though that might change. Mari is just not a very viable posting character since I think that Blizzard functionally put her in an unmanagable limbo with the void elf lore.

Iā€™m just hoping for diablo news that arenā€™t a phone game. I expect another fancy WoW cinematic to advance the Hordeā€™s story. Probably Sylvanas plotting and doing something naughty.

What do you make of the current shape of the story?

Welcome back man!

I resubbed when Nazjatar came but only recently have being playing more, due to the end of war campaign and new goblin and worgen models, hooray!

Been posting once in a while but yeah, most of us left the game a while back

Glad both of you are doing good. shame that ESO is in the same state as BFA. havenā€™t played it yet, but heard good things about it. but seems like the MMO genre is slowly dying.

I think the story of BFA can be summarised as a good premise but a bad execution.
Like Jaina is suddenly fighting alongside Saurfang and Thrall(Baine saved her brother but still.). for the Horde side and even Alliance, it was MoP 2.0 which was disappointing. But I will say Iā€™m pretty excited for the next expac. always loved the old gods.

1 Like

Same here kinda came back because of the whole new model update which I will say Blizz did a great job on the Worgen, I hope you goblins like the new model update as well.
But I do miss the regulars made things feel a lot more steady and grounded than they are now. but I hope they come back for the new expac.
Anyway, I hope you and Nexi are doing good ingame and IRL.

I find the shape of the story kinda predictable, kinda lame. Would it be weird to say I only stick around because I want to see where it goes? Iā€™m quite prepared that itā€™s always going to disappoint, and Iā€™m ok with that now.

That said, Iā€™m taking a break due to studies, so Iā€™ll be back before the next expansion, I think. Iā€™ll try and post as much as I can before then!

The story right now is
Players: ā€œNaaah, they wonā€™t go for the cringiest, most predictable thing we can think ofā€¦ā€
Blizzard: ā€œYes we will! Hah, got you! Bet you didnā€™t see this coming!ā€
Players: ā€œā€¦ā€
Blizzard: ā€œWhat. Why donā€™t you like our surprise?! Nothing is ever good for you!ā€

1 Like

What do you call a wolf that has everything figured out?

Aware wolf.

1 Like

Iā€™m just confused as to the state of things. What motive is there to suddenly bring the war to an end when for one; wounds are still raw for both kaldorei and zandalari not to mention the kul tirans and secondly, the Alliance would be ā€œfinishedā€ if the narrowly averted rebel assault on Orgrimmar failed.

This leaves the horde with military superiority given the combined ranks of rebels and loyalists, their opposition crippled by the loss of the fleet to azsharaā€™s machinations and most of their military. By this logic, the Alliance is nearly finished and could be brought to humiliating defeat quickly enough.

1 Like