General RP Chat #52: *A flash of light did nothing*

What makes you think Vulpera will be any different? Calling it now:

60% will be “I have a furry demon in my soul, and I must yiff!”

30% will have no clue about the lore and just wanna be a cute lil’ fox thing.

5% is ex khajiit players from ESO or Skyrim.

5% are the ones actually having done their research, made a believable character concept and backstory and are good at RPing.

4.9% of them will stop playing their character out of the general belief that most Vulpera RPers suck and just want to yiff.

2 Likes

Bilge Rat borthels as far as the eye can see…
Still, it would fit a Pirate fox-theme to be a womanizer/fame fatale…
Guess won’t be any fat old body type, scarlet silken cloth, big pink wig and maching fans to be proper vulpera madam tho… still…
Can’t help but see the shady dame from seville vibe

Foxes are cute :fox_face:
Sadly you are right… their lore is rich, worth to explore

Small but loyal fanbase I guess

For some reason I always immagined the Vulpera or Voldun are a bit like the Fremen of Dune… but just my quasi-headcanon
If anything we learned, desert dewellers are lethal as the desert itself
Shame the Horde got the Vulpera tho… but sadly understandable, they are perfect in the Tauren-noble savage Orc-Darkspear survivor trio’s theme - but I geuss they would kick out any goblin’s teeth for going near their stuff, would gnaw clean the bones of a forsaken and would avoid any of the elven kind…
Why are Pandas in the Horde again? Forgot… but guess will be buddies with them

1 Like

Yes. That. Thank you.

1 Like

Probably a higer number than that, much like some classes and races, combined with general discrimination by people with similar ideas and a shrill minority that utterly refuses to accept foxpeople, kung fu pandas, aliens, whimsical magic and high technology in their dark, gritty fantasy game.

1 Like

That number was a part of the follow up to my joke. It’s point, is that basically 0.01% of vulpera RPers will be actually any decent.

1 Like

M.O.T.H.E.R hates Ludwig von Tortollan… not long ago Purification Protocoll Annihliated the poor guy in my Freehold run
The team just blinked, whats happened :turtle: :skull_and_crossbones:

I know! I was just quoting Lytherael, I’m of the opinion you can RP whatever you want. Because I intend on making a couple vulpera.

Can’t decide, Hunter or Rouge Vulpera (but the shaman fox-totems are super awesome too!)
Might be both in the end

I said I was gonna make some concept art for Tajioh a few posts ago. So here you go.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/562761836731170818/632807488097615872/20191013_010952.jpg

1 Like

Not bad, Is your vulpera gonna be a rogue?

Sometimes I really love the troll dialect on the forums even though its hard to read sometimes even comprehend. but you do have to appreciate the lengths some go to, to play a troll.

Shaman OOCly. ICly, he’s gonna be a totem merchant.

1 Like

Those little fox totems with their glowing tail and all are awesome :fox_face:

I think it’s stupid. Trolls can speak audibly, they just have an accent. The point it becomes unreadable is the point I stop bothering trying to RP with the person.

1 Like

You’re really the life of the party around here? Huh? I know you’re a Demon Hunter but OOC you don’t always have to be such a killjoy.

I didn’t mean it in an elitist way.
More like, I find having to decipher every bit of troll dialogue from a poor attempt at a written jamaican accent to not be fun.

I tend to go for simpler, easily understandable accents if I have troll or dwarf NPCs for events for example. I try imitating in game text dialogue but keep it so that you get it at a first glance.

2 Likes

Dude, this x 100. It becomes a chore for everybody involved…an accent doesn’t require different spelling. The attempt to sound like some laid back beach bum is a little over the top, too - your average Jamaican, Bermudan, Bahamian, etc. not only writes with accurate spelling, but probably speaks with more consistent grammar than us Americans, as well as a lot of Brits. I much prefer to write normally and people can imagine what my character sounds like to them (I imagine him as sounding Bermudan, personally).

3 Likes

I see what you guys are saying, Sorry if I came across as rude or misunderstanding.

Also after some thinking, I’ll try and tone it down alot with Juh’juh, since reading your guy’s take on it made me realize that he’s way too exaggerated. I’m still new to RPing trolls and basically just tried what most others I’ve seen do.

Specifically to Lytherael, sorry if I came across like a dick that last post. Didn’t mean too.

I like Juh’juh, Thats one of the reason I commented about trolls because. I can understand what he is saying and find him hilarious. I wasn’t referring to you but other troll rp’ers who are hard to read or understand.

Oh, I thought you were referring to me. Shucks.