Give healers extra rating in solo shuffle

You mean because I said healers can beat the odds? Are you for real right now?
Maybe you’re not getting this, but the odds refers to rating differences. Meaning those with lower rating than the opponents, in the eyes of the system, have a lesser chance of winning.

What exactly did you think it refers to?

If I have to explain that, then I guess I have to spell this out for you too:
What it means is that when you’re on the side with the higher chance of winning, i.e. the side with higher MMR, then it means you won’t gain as much rating for winning. So when you’re on the side with the higher chance of losing, i.e. the side with lower MMR, then it means you won’t lose as much rating for losing.
Which in this case, ended up with them losing exactly as much rating as they had won in that shuffle, with their 3/3 w/l.

Then there’s the whole thing about MMR relative to CR affecting gains and losses too, but that’d go even deeper into the rabbithole.

No.
Because your mmr statements seem to be based purely on theory and not experience.

Right… Except theory is what explains it, while the only thing hands-on experience will tell you is that you gained and lost rating seemingly inconsistently and you can only see the individual CR of players and the team MMRs of both teams in the scoreboard each round.

If you don’t understand the mechanisms in the background, then you’ll never understand the reasons why.

The only thing I don’t understand is how in the lobby with the lowest mmr/cr I didn’t get a well-deserved rating against guys with a rating higher than mine by 200 mmr/cr when they all earned it.
You can at least write me a whole dissertation of conjectures, I still won’t understand it, I am categorically against agreeing with it. If I beat guys with a rating higher than mine by 200 mmr/cr, I had to earn it same like, just as they earned it by winning with me on the same team.

And to be frankly honest, I think they should not have earned it at all, and maybe even vice versa, lose it for their bad game for their rating. I had to get a rating, my rating is lower than their rating, I have more wins than them.

But the opposite happened, I didn’t get anything and they got points, this is devoid of common sense.

Sorry Mr. Dragon, this answer wasn’t meant for you. (missclick)

1 Like

And that’s the point. You make an assumption, trying to explain how it works while lacking the experience. I can surely tell if my wins are indeed inconsistent or not which is why I see and understand something is not right.
You are basically explaining the evidence by having a case instead of explaining the case by looking at the evidence.

1 Like

I’m explaining the way it can end up the way it did. The evidence is that it did end up the way it did.
What you’re doing is trying to claim it can’t end up the way it did, even though it did end up the way it did.

Because you probably didn’t have the lowest MMR. You probably tied for 2nd-highest with the other healer.

It doesn’t mean it’s not flawed, that’s the point. You argue for the system not being able to figure out the flaw because you assume it works absolutely fine. If you had experience, you’d understand that’s not the case because in this case you’d know exactly if you are actually winning or losing inconsistently.
Assuming something works as intended and trying to justify it is not how you find and fix the issues.

1 Like

I never said it isn’t flawed. But you’re trying to say it’s bugged. Those are two very different things.

I assume it’s bugged because no sane dev could come up with such a “flawed” system and think it’s fine.

1 Like

And what I’ve been explaining to you is how it isn’t bugged in the way that you claim, it’s merely the end result of a lot of background mechanisms at work.

You “explain” it by making assumptions. That’s the whole point. I am speaking of my experience and your explanation doesn’t make sense considering my experience.

I’m inferring based on what’s shown. You can’t do more than that. What you’re doing is not even inferring anything, you just simply don’t understand it and blame it on a non-existent bug because it’s a catchy thing to blame for stuff you don’t understand.

I’m curious what you believe though, do you think the MMR of each player moves after each round?

This is very interesting how you claim I am the one not understanding something while your whole “explanation” is based on an assumption. To back this up I could ask you how many wins/losses I had before the match on the screen and you simply couldn’t answer that. Because you are just assuming.
Also, it’s not the first time devs bug the mmr. It literally happened in s4…

Thanks for not answering the question, really appreciate it.

As explained to you already, to infer is to base it on what’s shown. It’s not as thin as just assuming. It’s an explanation how it could end up like that. While you’re not explaining anything, you’re just blaming it on a non-existent bug because you simply don’t understand anything about it.

The key difference is that it did end up the way that it did. As explained here:

It did end up like that, yes but it shouldn’t. That’s the point. You are simply assuming it works as intended. I argue it’s not, based on my experience while actually knowing my matches, wins and losses.

Your experience is meaningless when you don’t understand what leads to differences in points gained and lost. Which you’ve proven that you don’t.

Ye right… I understand nothing… my wins and losses have absolutely nothing to do with the mmr. Brilliant.

I never said it has nothing to do with the MMR. I’ve explained the exact opposite. What you’re doing is assuming it has nothing to do with the MMR, and instead blame it on a non-existent bug.

But I’ll do you a solid and explain your picure too, which you linked to above:

As explained already, when it says “your matchmaking value” it refers to your team’s matchmaking value. As in the average MMR of you and the other 2 in your party at the time, which is when it ended in that picture.

Meanwhile, why you didn’t gain any rating with 4 rounds won, was because you gained little per win when you did win, and lost a lot when you lost, due to the MMRs of those rounds.

Blizzard even explains it clearly themselves:

You said my experience is meaningless because I don’t understand how points are gained and lost. Apparently I don’t know what winning is good for and what happens when I lose.

What you fail to understand is that I argue it can’t be intentional to have such a non sense matchmaking where the system puts you in a group of players, as healer, and expects you to win, let’s say 1-2, matches in a specific setup while otherwise there is no rating gain.

Because of crap like this:

Simply put, the spread of ratings in a shuffle becomes too wide quite often. Which can only be fixed by Blizzard tuning those annoying mechanisms to become more strict, but you’d likely see an impact on queue times if they did that.
(The quoted text is taken out of context, it was mainly about time spent in queue.)