Give us a fresh #NoChanges server

So I don’t get to have an opinion?

2 Likes

Depends on how the survey was sampled, if it was predominantly sent to quitters and ‘influencers’ then it has a clear bias and is not significant.

I played day one until the end, no survey for me. Wonder if there’s a reason they didn’t just send it to everyone who played, weird huh?

4 Likes

What you are asking for is basically Era Nr.2. Which would make no sense because that “era” already exists. Population on EU Firemaw is getting pretty good. I recomend it if you are looking for the same as before.

1 Like

No. I am asking for a server that starts from phase 1.

3 Likes

Era is a mausoleum for people who couldn’t let go of a finished character.

I assume anyone mentioning it is arguing in bad faith.

1 Like

True it was a mausoleum but less so now than a few months ago. Both the players and Blizzard are to blame for the state of Era. One big reason was the easy raids which made the best raid guilds “complete” the game way sooner than should have been possible. Then Blizzard dealt the finishing blow by releasing TBC on top of it all. Everyone followed the big guilds and streamers to the weaker game that is TBC. Such a waste. Private servers made vanilla last for years and years with pretty much the same playerbase.

Private servers lasted because they kept restarting. We already played Naxx patch for 6 months by the time Era came out.

1 Like

I vote for fresh nochanges servers too, in termin of difficulty and challenge.
ONLY Quality Of Life things can be allowed and graphics from Trivial Joke Classic game.

• So key bag, instant mail between same account, autodismount etc… maybe STV flying path in Rebel Camp…

• If talents will be from 1.12.1 then you Blizzard need to work a bit and not to take our money by doing nothing, you need to balance game difficulty to compansate new stronger talents.

• Same going with need of 8 debuff slots in MC and BWL, if you going to 16 or unlimited then COMPENSATE mobs/bosses HP, armor, resistance and damage, noit only HP

• Upgraded gear from Naxx patch should NOT be allowed

• And last but most important things of all - NO DAMN WORLD BUFFS IN RAIDS/DUNGEONS, world buffs are major reason why most of us quitted Clasic Vanilla even before Naxx and there is no minimal chance to start play game where WBuffs are allowed in instances!!!

Not true. I played over three years on one of the largest early private servers. Feenix. It was in the same state of vanilla for pretty much all that time. Total it was up for close to five years if i remember correctly. It was really good times.

And they had a maximum population of 2000 players as opposed to Nostalrius/Elysium/Lights hope/Northdale that had 10k+

In other words. They were not successful and are currently bleeding players or shutting down(Hyjal already shut down)

3 Likes

But I want to play from Phase 1

4 Likes

Based on what? The survey I wasn’t allowed to partake in?

2 Likes

Why wasn’t it sent to me or anyone I played with then?

2 Likes

So the alleged survey is actually a representation of a select group of people. Which means it does not reflect the opinions of any majority.

3 Likes

If anything I think it is an interesting indicator that my post (a random player) has double the amounts of likes than the official blue post announcement of Season of Mastery.

One might argue that reflects the opinion of a majority.

5 Likes

Feels like Blizzard posts are not something that “needs” to be liked. Likes seems to be used more as a vote of support of opinion rather than actual liking the post in itself. The Blizzard posts are unique in that they are definite and more or less set in stone. I did not even consider liking it first time I saw it, even though I did like it.

No changes has lead to a bunch of dead servers, that you could at the best merge into one massive server and try to keep it going with purely content resets. Gave change a chance, the spirit of vanilla can live on, even if some of the smaller details are tweaked here and there, and who knows, maybe in the future, the ideal ‘seasonal’ version of classic will come around for you. I find it really difficult to believe any of you will simply not enjoy the game because of a few mechanical changes.

1 Like

Normally I would agree but every single one of these changes is great. I mean why on earth would you want the abuse of world buffs to come back.

100% agree. The community can not be trusted. The current devs (no offense) also can not be trusted. The only people that can be trusted on this matter is IMO the original devs. Kevin Jordan, etc. I would like #NoChanges or #SomeChanges based on feedback from OG Vanilla devs.

2 Likes

No changes is better overall than what blizzard proposed for sure, they should focus on IMPROVING classic wow instead of changing it.

7 Likes