Glorious victory of the Alliance

Can’t remember Stromgarde being Alliance during the lifetime of WoW. Ever. So it’s a huge victory indeed.

Uhm, yes they are? Imperialism and stuff? Lordaeron belongs to Lordaeron. Not Gilneas. So you touching Silverpine is an act of unprovoked agression.

Ha-ha-ha. Good one, indeed just a pathetically lost Capital (and abandoned, by even Orcs, because it is dirthole) of one of core alliance kingdoms, has been brought back, by sacrificing mountains of lives. Ha-ha-ha, glorious victory indeed. Wait are you serious??..- HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAH!!

Alliance deserved to get at least some sort of victory. Ever since it turned to rubbish it was a dark time. So I honestly give my congrats to the blue team here.

Even tho my inner Zandalari will always be about “ALL lands are Troll land!” :wink:

all land is titan land you filthy mongrel FOR AZEROTH we will cleanse this lands of the troll filth and reclaim it for mother azeroth

Kay so Arathi makes sense since the Horde would never be able to transport troops as quickly as the Alliance would.

But Darkshore?
I’m going to call it a band-aid to the Night elves for blizzard to dare making them lose a war against over-whelming forces of all the Horde Nations.
Including the Sin’dorei and the Forsaken.

so BFA: Battle for the Alliance is confirmed.

considering the horde army moved stealthily throu half a continent, carrying long range siege weapons, I would not give too much weight to real life logistics and realism of supply lines in wow

1 Like

so, you are telling me hiring a bunch of elite rogues to silence outposts.
attacking the enemy while they have left themselves, exposed while steadily advancing your siege weaponry is unrealistic?

Not to mention using the enemies arrogance against them to make the move in the first place to leave themselves exposes.

undetected? yes.
a few hundred men for a hit and run raid can be moved stealthily with great caution, before the enemy can react, not an army that requires provisioning over long distances.
spies and sentinels can’t be 100% denied, particularly in a world with shapeshifting druids, or teleporting mages.
as i said for the story to progress we need a good dose of suspension of disbelief, and cannot apply logic to ingame events, otherwise the alliance army would have been wiped out outside orgrimmar the moment the horde unified their rebels and loyalists.

did you even read the lore behind the War?
the Horde barely even got the entrance of the Forrest before the Night elves knew they were there.

yes and the alarm should have been given at the crossroads
or even before when provisions were prepared
remember: the world inlore is much bigger than what we have in the game, you need several days of march to reach ashenvale.

you did not read Elegy did you?
or a Good war?

yes both, that’s why im saying what i’m saying.
just don’t think too much about it, and accept it for the story to go on.

Wouldn’t say it was glorious. The Night Elves have inherited a broken and blighted Darkshore whilst the Alliance has succeeded in fending off the Horde and keeping Stromgarde.

The price was countless Alliance lives to the point where the only thing they really had going for them was the Kul Tiran fleet, and they said themselves that the small force which was brought to the gates of Orgrimmar was ‘unlikely to win’ and it was the last shot the Alliance had to defeat Sylvanas as these were all the forces the Alliance had left.

I don’t understand how it happened, and I don’t like that it happened, but apparently if Saurfang hadn’t sacrificed himself in that mak’gora and caused the Horde to turn on Sylvanas before she abandoned them, the Alliance would have been crushed at the gates of Orgrimmar. It doesn’t make sense though seen as the Horde went from losing the war on all fronts to having so many forces that they were on the verge of victory. Was the Zandalari joining the Alliance and the Nazjatar plan really that much of a boon for Sylvanas?

However, regarding the Kul Tiran fleet: We know that a bulk of Alliance ships were sunk during the events of Nazjatar, but the Kul Tiran fleet is quite vast and as we saw when we did the Kul Tiran allied race quests, it doesn’t take their shipwrights long to build a flagship, let alone your average frigate or corsair; so I’m unsurprised that the Kul Tiran fleet is back at full strength even after Nazjatar.

blizz storytelling has never been particularly good with numbers and often leaves internal consistency hanging for the sake of the story progressing.

right let’s just resume the war of Thorns then.

• the Alliance knew fully well the Horde was building an army.
  • all of their intel provided by the SI:7 Said Saurfang was marching this one Army to Silithus to secure the Azerite, and the Alliance believed this since they saw Saurfang as a hungry Warmongere.
  • the Night elves themselves then did the Stratagem of sending their main Army down to Silithus make an outposts and effectively blockade the Horde forces ahead of time, since they would be going by ship.
  • However Saurfang’s Stratagem to begin was to trick the Alliance to expose themselves using their Pride of their Intelligence service against them.
  • with the main army leaving their lands the Sentinels who mostly dwelled within Teldrassil and not the lands of Ashenvale was send to defend their borders instead left with a Night elf commander that basically wanted to drill an elite force to humility because she had an ego to follow.
  • Meanwhile Saurfang had Send rogues of none-horde alignment ahead to take out the nearby outposts and any potential scouts that thankfully for the sentinels also took out that incompetent commander.
  • Which does usher in some chaos among their ranks til Delarynn takes over from the very get go she knows they cannot win with their hopeless lack of numbers so, instead all civilians are pulled back for evacuation to Teldrassil.

this only does not leave War of Thorns as the most realistic battle in BFA, but also in all of World of Warcraft’s story telling.
Logistics were used, number of troops and heck even sabotage and the showing at how incompetent commanders ( Anduin and the Night elf one)
Can lead to a crushing defeat.

the horde army changed route at the cross roads iirc.
where were the spies then? why not a single one sent message the army changed course? it still takes days from xroads to ashenvale in lore.
did they all stay in orgrimmar?
even if they did… how where the supply lines supposed to be sent in silithus get rerouted to ashenvale without the orgrimmar spies finding out?
how did an army on foot conquer the whole ashenvale and darkshore in bloody battle before the ships that had left not long before could invert their route?
it took weeks of battle according to the books to gain foot until teldrassil,
they were swamped in darkshore, and only managed to break the nelf lines by rerouting a portion of the army throu felwood, and cross some mountain paths.
keep in mind ships are MUCH faster than marching armies, particularly if the armies are stuck in a guerilla war and have to fight to gain ground, wich is clearly stated, they had to, and the horde army had heavy casualties, IF the ingame map is approximately in scale, there is no way ships halfway to silithus ( or even already in silithus, but i doubt they were already there because the fleet was sent in response to the horde army) are slower than an army on foot to get to darkshore.
consider also the existance of portals, flying blingdicars etc etc etc.

as i said don’t think too much about it, the story went on.

correct for all of it is logical and makes sense so let us not think too much about it, glad we agreed the Night elf defeat makes sense.

im not sure you comprehended what i wrote, but hey whatever floats your boat, the story progression is not for us to decide anyway.

the Irony…