Great Times! What are your best memories of RP moments on Argent Dawn!

Some of my best memories were made in the Feralas campaign we just did! The RP-pvp was some of the best I’ve ever had. Had a great time with Atticus tonight, as well as Ferra the paladin worgen! Lovely RP and lovely people!

1 Like

That was such a good campaign, I still remember getting flung into a wall by being fired out of a catapult and that time I cut off my hand and beat one of the 7th Legion with said hand.

3 Likes

Now as mentioned apple throwing… i was an orc back then and this mag’har stair guard arrested me but didnt sesrch me properly… so from my cell i threw apples at her… she wasn’t mentally prepared for the fruitening.

That was the first time I saw you, although i was on the blue side…
I was peeved that your TRP didn’t load for me. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, Cross RP was new then and I didn’t hear about it until after.

2 Likes

Run from it, dread it, Dudflex arrives all the same.

6 Likes

The magical wishing fish in Stormwind that one time was truly an eye opener.

Random RP scenarios that turned out to be a lot of fun :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dread it, run from it you mean.
You ruined a beautiful line…

There are far too many things that spring to mind. I think the RP-PvP events have been my favourite aspect on the basis that they bring so many people together with a common goal (butchering the enemy faction), off-hand, I can think of Borderlands, the PCU Fjord Campaign and many others. And whilst I’m loathe to have missed the Krasarang saurok campaign (which is spoken of as a legendary event), I think my favourite campaign has to have been the Drums of War. Sure, the end was a bit hectic in terms of the tree burning etc. but the participation was grand, and people were genuinely invested in their characters. I attended on my huntress (Atlanteia) and felt so at home, defending the woodland realms.

Then of course, there are the big market events like Uldum Nights, which really bring a broad scope of roleplayers together, it makes Mar’at feel alive and exotic for a good few days before and after the event, and this extends to many other markets and meets.

But for personal RP, there has been so much I’ve done etc. but I think I enjoyed my Tavern in the Mists hot spring events (which are in the pipeline to come back). Everyone had fun! Of course, there are other scenarios of RP that I’ve enjoyed, but they’ll be endless.

And shout out for the guilty pleasures of noble and house RP drama, with all those wars in Gilneas, the riots, the executions, etc. Shame about the OOC, but I think many of the participants can’t deny they were having fun.

Edit: Also, got to mention the infamous Trial of Dialythe Whiteshroud. That has to be some of the most dedicated RP I had seen in a long time. All of us stood around for over 8 hours, and then suddenly reaching 4am GMT and a dwarf attempts to stab Dialythe, who then shoots Wrall Zentar and then suddenly a flamestrike hits the courtroom as a gang of dwarves draw their swords. I laughed hysterically at it all, and I don’t regret how it ended.

3 Likes

I have to mention another good memory too (this topic is a good one yeah):

I remember when our beloved Kha’raas :heart: hosted a two day long event in Outland, and i NPCed as a Broken Draenei named Reok (and I’ll never forget him).
It was very rich in story, well planned, enjoyable and awesome, and made me love Broken Draenei too.
Rest in peace, Reok my Hero.
Also big credits to Kha’raas too, as all of the events they plan are very cool and rich, just like that one.

2 Likes

Aw, thank you!! :heart: I love details in my events and freedom! I’m so glad it was so well-received, since the event taught me much about DMing!

Planning and hosting stuff for my rather casual-held RP guild is really something I enjoy once I find the time! The planning and DMing process is just so fun with these guys and they’re so chill about it, too should the DM mess up things.

1 Like

Ohh this is a fun one, Ohru! Lessee…

I always loved the Urchin RP I used to do on the Alliance, the Gutter Runners were amazing! We’d come up with all sorts of elaborate schemes to trick people just to get a few copper and then we’d shout “Scarper!!” and run away as a pack. There’s nothing quite like being in an urchin stampede!

Vivian once had an amazing event with Kizara where she was stuck in a “nightmare”, but how nightmarish can it be if the GM decides you can have your voice back for the duration? :wink: Viv used every minute she was allowed to speak to yap on and on, there were stupid jokes and songs and she had something to say about -everyone- there. It was brilliant! What was also nice about it was that it was temporary, and I soon got my ol’ much loved mute Vivvie back.

I also quite loved one of my first characters, General Alexander Lazarev of the Alliance Cavalry. Sounds pretty fancy, right? Well he was a coffee addict and had an old, feeble, boney, drooling, smelly horse called Charles. Not to imposing to ride to battle on -that-. But I had a ball getting the rookies to tend to him in “Charles Duty”, the worst punishment the Cavalry could give its recruits, for they had to clean the horse’s remaining teeth with their own toothbrush.

Ahh good times… Also I love everything Paw! (Except when we’re in trouble ;))

5 Likes

Oh! I almost forgot about the times I was in the Fablewind Faire, squeezes a few guest-performances in on my urchin Red, and then when she got off the streets I joined them so I could join in some official performances too. I loved so much writing songs and doing plays together and chucking lots of fireworks in to the launchers at the end…

Here’s to the Fablewind Faire, one of the most original RP concepts I ever had the pleasure of being in!

4 Likes

Hm best memories of RP? Well got to go with the time I convinced an Elf Druid Broch is Great father winter. It was hilarious. There was also the first time i went on an rp-pvp campaign and single handedly charged Strathholm, well until everyone else realised i’d charged and caught up.

Well one of the best was the first time V and Telia met. :stuck_out_tongue: and of course building the chicken house (twice). Also the first time Telia went on an adventure and got to ride on an ogrons shoulder. Also everytime i had “magic training” with Ghemma.

That was great! V and Telia are still sisters to me <3

Barrens campaign and DoW Ashenvale. Nothing comes close to how much I enjoyed those.

1 Like

Tbh, it’s all.

All those people who I’ve seen and learned to know, they are wonderful. I would have not gotten this far with this stuff without them. Ups and downs but still, I got this far. I savor all the little things I’ve come across in my time. It’s just wonderful. I’m already either slightly famous for my forum posts or infamous for them but still. You always learn something new every day. I just do my best to help people around, even I come bit dickish about it.

There are too many to count and choose from.

But I think what I will always remember is the Goblet of War and their leader Attekosonen, who showed that you don’t have to have perfect spelling, you don’t have to show Shakespearian writing, you don’t need a thesaurus and you certainly don’t need to win - as long as you have a great attitude and good energy, you can be a gem shining brighter than most others.

Thank you, Attekosonen. I hope you return one day.

1 Like