[Guide] Metals and Minerals

Love to see when there’s more integration of materials into RP. Thanks for this handy guide and I will definitely be referring to this for my own RP.

Although not directly related to the scope of the thread itself (read: metal lore) but I’ve always been a huge fan of smithing and other crafting videos on youtube, and this one dropped on my front page.

If you’ve an hour to spare, it’s worth watching the process from start to finish – although be warned that the person does use modern tools in his forging as opposed to strictly historical methods (although I can recall a few channels that focus entirely on that if people are interested). It’s still useful for inspiration when it comes to the swordmaking process.

p.s. it had been well over a month since the last post and thread didn’t lock. have we been saved?

5 Likes

No lockout last time maybe but… let’s not risk it.

2 Likes

Bumping this in prep for Dragonflight!
Also praying we get some notes in game on the ores and such we can mine and use in blacksmiting…
Hoping to use it for my own Dracthyr blacksmith!

1 Like

When will this finally get pinned?

So after just over a week I’m gonna throw down the list of ores and alloys we can make/find in Dragonflight off the top of my head:

Serevite (And it’s variants, Primal, Molten, Hardened, Titan-Touched, Rich): The most common ore found across the isles, often found in mountainous regions, can also be found around flowing bodies of water.

Draconium (And it’s variants, same as Serevite’s variants): More rare than Serevite, though more often spotted in rugged or hard to reach locations.

Khaz’gorite: No longer appears on the surface of the Isles, can only be found in trace amounts in OTHER ore deposits.

As for Alloys, don’t know their properties yet but could make guesses based off their names:

Obsidian Seared Alloy: Can only be made in a specific location (Earth-Warders Forge), made with Awakened Order, Awakened Fire, Primal Flux, Draconium Ore and Khaz’gorite Ore.

Frostfire Alloy: Made in any regular forge, made with Awakened Fire, Awakened Frost, Primal Flux, Draconium Ore and Khaz’gorite Ore.

Infurious Alloy: An alloy thats recipe can be obtained via random chance in a PvP win strongbox, made with Awakened Ire (Also obtained from a PvP strongbox via a BG win or from War Mode), Primal Flux, Draconium Ore and Khaz’gorite Ore. Can also be made with any regular forge.

Primal Molten Alloy: Made in any regular forge, also made with Awakened Earth, Awakened Fire, Primal Flux, Draconium Ore and Khaz’gorite Ore.

3 Likes

I’ll add a few bits as well. These are ore affixes taken straight from the mining journal, so it’s a blend of lore and ingame crafting resource information.

Hardened Ore
They are sometimes protected by a thick layer of extra rock, which significantly slows the rate at which miners can claim its valuable ore.

Molten Ore
They are sometimes enveloped in flames, particularly in geologically active regions. Its unbearable heat often deters novice miners from harvesting its abundance of Rousing Fire.

Primal Ore
They are sometimes marked by the primal elements and may reveal additional Rousing Elements beyond what is normally discovered when mining.

Rich Ore
Rich deposits are particularly dense with ore, sure to delight any miner to stumble upon one.

Titan-Touched Ore
They are sometimes empowered by small Titan research constructs. Fortunately, they would sooner grant a miner their boon rather than retaliate.

3 Likes

Thank you Vervaina :handshake:

Would have turned into an essay of a post more than it already is if I’d elaborated on the variants.

2 Likes

“Note of caution: Should you attempt to collect Molten Ore, do seek a deep enough body of water to quench the burning”.

3 Likes

Coward, real miners stand there and watch their skin boil and burn until the rock finally cools down :palm_down_hand: :fire::rock::fire:

2 Likes

Heh, imagine needing fire protection! :fire::volcano:

1 Like

Pardon me, my stout friend. Imagine needing a stepladder for the top shelf. :ladder:

1 Like

Them are fightin’ words you glasses wearing pupp!

(Also, love this thread - still needs a pin!)

3 Likes

This is coal, coming from someone who can be… Doused by Fire mages or Destro-Warlocks!

This we al agree on, no matter the factional or racial (IC/OOC) conflicts!

1 Like

To add a bit of related Misc lore myself, the seeds of the Inferno Pod - a plant that grows near pools of lava to soak in its head - are a natural gunpowder, which explode once the pod reaches its maturity to spread the seeds nearby.

The Djaradin use the seeds just before they’re ripe to overcharge the coals in their forges to greatly increase the heat output to smelt the strongest of ores.

3 Likes

Oh right speaking of that!

There’s a specific type of coal in the Obsidian Citadel that’s used for the forges there, I forgor the name but they CAN be inadvertently animated into elementals thanks to the Djaradin’s magics.

1 Like

Bumping this.

Also let me add another modifier to ores:
Infurious.

A PvP version that only shows in War Mode, grants the usual ore and the PvP ire resource

1 Like

We give this a bump.

I’m bumping this up…

In the hope that Telaryn will include the Dragon Isle Ores and Metals!

We all understand why you did not include the Shadowlands Ores and Metals :melting_face:

5 Likes

Bumping! The forge needs metal!
And honestly, This has been a damned useful resource!