[H-RP] Hand of Zanchul (Zandalari/Troll/Slave Guild)

"Prophet Zul betrayed both himself and the values he stood for when he foolishly sided with G'huun, something we will never forget and never forgive. But Zul was right about one thing; The royal family is weak, and under Talanji's leadership we trolls will never again rise and become what we once were. She has forgotten what it means to be Zandalari, and in her cowardice she has aligned our once great people with the Horde. No more! We will no longer tolerate Talanji sending Horde champions to butcher our brothers in the streets of Zuldazar! We will no longer tolerate the arrogant Zandalari who disguise their fear of the Alliance with disdain towards the 'lesser' tribes! NO MORE! We will strive to make Zul's vision of a reborn, united troll empire a reality, not by rebelling against Talanji, but by forming an independent opposition where all trolls stand equal, regardless of their tribe and regardless of their Loa! United as one, we will return to the old times when we stood above all others on Azeroth! Make no mistake, we will never submit to ancient evils as Zul did, but we will be damned before letting our fear cloud our judgment and force us under the subjugation of lessers! The Horde sees us as nothing but tools! We Zandalari and our fleet are no different from Zul'jin during the Second War! They will forsake us, as they do all allies when it suits them! There is another alternative, there is independence and unity! Together, we will build an army to serve as an example to all; that there is an alternative greater than kneeling out of fear! For Zandalar! For the true trolls! For the rise of a new empire, the vision Zul promised us!" - Prophet Rak'huul
The Hand of Zanchul (IC Info)
Led by an elder member of Zanchul, Prophet Rak'huul, who chose to side with neither Zul nor the crown during the rebellion, this new opposition of troll supremacists seeks to create an alternative to the Zandalari Crown in the wake of Zul's defeat. We will take in any troll that shares our values, Zandalari, Amani, Gurubashi, Drakkari, Farraki, regardless of their background, regardless of their loa. We are trolls, and our strength has been forgotten for all too long.

"We trolls were first to rule this world, and we shall be the last." - Prophet Zul

The rise of our opposition has not gone unnoticed by the lesser races. Since the Hand's foundation, we have endured the hostility of the Horde as well as the racism of Zandalari who consider themselves above the 'lesser' tribes. Ultimately, those who stand in the way of our ambitions will be made to serve, either as slaves or as gladiators. Through conquest and domination, we will prove our superiority above all others.
Hierarchy
Prophet (Guildmaster)
Warlord (Co-GM)
High Priestess (Co-GM)
Council (Officer)
Loyalist (Veteran)
Trusted (Member)
Unproven (Recruit)
Converted (Non-troll loyal slave/gladiator)
Slave (Non-troll slave/gladiator)
Outsider (OOC/Non-introduced)
OOC Info!
Let's address the elephant in the room off the bat and confirm a few things:
-Yes, this guild will take slaves. No, this doesn't mean we condone slavery!
-No, we are not Old God cultists because we idolize Zul!
-Yes, we are kinda' racist bad guys, depending on your point of view, but RP needs more of that, and I assure you we're all good people OOC!
Great, with that said, let's move on to a few more important notes:
1. I won't bore you with a paragraph stating all the usual rules, so here's a quick summary; don't metagame, don't poweremote, don't lol, don't ERP, don't grief, don't bring the guild tag to shame, don't break RP-PvP rules, yada yada.
2. As stated this guild will take slaves of other races, and as you might suspect, this will possibly attract some rather... 'strange' RPers. We will of course be careful with filtering to ensure avoiding these types of people.
3. Being in this guild, we expect you to take responsibility for your characters' actions. There will be no such thing as 'denying IC death or mutilation' or whatever. IC is IC, and though we of course won't just kill someone's character without having good reason and speaking to them OOC, we do expect you to remember that.
4. Important note: Though we are already making plans and preparations for this guild, it won't kick into full swing until Zandalari are playable. Until then, we recommend you join our Discord Server to keep up to date! (The guild is now up and running, however the forum is bugging out and not letting me edit this without jumbling up the whole post, so...)
5. Will we have RP-PVP? Our options may be limited as things may develop in a way that makes us incompatible with other horde guilds at campaigns, but if there's room for RP-PVP, we will definitely try to make it happen, I love me some of that RP-PVP

How do I join this troll supremacist party?
Excellent question! First and foremost you can try to reach out to us in-game by approaching us in RP, or you can whisper one of the names below, or any guildie to be directed further. However, my first recommendation is that you join our discord server via this link: https://discord.gg/8YR8qWJ

Rakhuul (Horde) - Me
Kaj (Horde) - Me
Tezrali (Horde) - Officer
Nonyah (Horde) - Officer
Kapera (Horde) - Co-GM
Finally, you can also comment on this post and hopefully I'll catch you and we can get in contact through here.
With all that said, I hope you'll join and thanks for reading!
74 Likes
Cannot wait for this to kick into swing and look forward to meeting whoever may hold interest in joining!
1 Like
Really excited to rp with these guys! Spoke with their GM for a bit some days ago about the idea and setting foundations for both a link between Oakuatl and the future "Right Hand", Kaj. From this will come rivalry between the conservative and traditionalist Hand of Zanchul who oppose membership of the Horde and the policies of Talanji and the progressives of The Talanri who support membership and the Princess. It should make for some great RP!

Best of luck guys!
1 Like
Will be joining and can't wait for things to get going. Played and RP'd with these people for a while. Truly wonderful people who have come up with a great concept that would hope bring more people into the hype train. Hope to see more individuals getting involved!
2 Likes
First off, I also look forward to the concept and the guild to fully flesh out as the patch draws near. It'll be interesting to see the dynamics we can develop ahead of time with other individuals and guilds both.

I think it would be fruitful to begin posing some questions to the guild concept and the members that shall expand the roster and development of this new community, myself included.

Something I would like to see answered here, as CrossRP has become somewhat of a popular subject with its possibilities, what are your views upon cross-faction roleplay, either within the standard bounds of chance encounter, or wrought from more regular and structured bonds forged between the guild and Alliance characters?
1 Like
20/09/2018 21:48Posted by Tulrey
First off, I also look forward to the concept and the guild to fully flesh out as the patch draws near. It'll be interesting to see the dynamics we can develop ahead of time with other individuals and guilds both.

I think it would be fruitful to begin posing some questions to the guild concept and the members that shall expand the roster and development of this new community, myself included.

Something I would like to see answered here, as CrossRP has become somewhat of a popular subject with its possibilities, what are your views upon cross-faction roleplay, either within the standard bounds of chance encounter, or wrought from more regular and structured bonds forged between the guild and Alliance characters?

To keep it brief; I'm all for CrossRP. I'd love to get us some Alliance interaction akin to those old glorious moments of Second Gurubashi Empire terrorizing Alliance RPers in Stranglethorn, but there's no guarantee CrossRP won't be shut down by Blizzard so it's hard to say for certain.
1 Like
Few questions about the concept.

First: why slaves? Slavery is condoned by the Zandalari, who see it as weak: “De Zandalari are above de use of slaves. We are strong, capable. De very existence of mindslaves in dis great city is insulting.” (from: Zul’s ethical dilemma). The Sandfury have slaves in Zul’Farrak, but otherwise slaves are barely mentioned in troll lore and seem to have been retconned too with bfa. Relying on slaves clashes, for a good part, with the idea of being mighty.

Second: perhaps I understood it wrong, but is your GM an IC member of the Zanchuli council? Those are fairly big lore figures in troll lore, why choose this?

Third: Also I suppose bringing in the horde hostile tribes and taking horde slaves makes you very, very open enemies of the Horde and the Zandalari loyal to king and princess. That doesn’t have to be a problem, one other non-horde troll guild on AD comes to mind, Zandalari Empire (I believe they are now Shadow of the Empires?) and SGE on DB which play out the concept of non-horde aligned trolls for a few years now in stranglethorn. But taking explicit Horde hostile RP to soon Horde territory (Zandalar, I presume, considering your ‘for Zandalar’) while having horde slaves / prisoners around – how do you expect to keep a longlived guild, especially as AD is more strict on non-horde RP in horde capitals than DB ever was.
I wish you luck with this! Seems like a cool enough concept.

Props for recalling the good old days of the 2GE. I was one of the founding members of the guild and am the brother of the original leader (some may remember the shady "turns out he's trying to bring us back under hakkar!" Priest Meezil) before he was ousted after his attempted Hakkari Blood Cult revival. The good old days of RP PvP servers!
20/09/2018 23:35Posted by Drinesta
Few questions about the concept.

First: why slaves? Slavery is condoned by the Zandalari, who see it as weak: “De Zandalari are above de use of slaves. We are strong, capable. De very existence of mindslaves in dis great city is insulting.” (from: Zul’s ethical dilemma). The Sandfury have slaves in Zul’Farrak, but otherwise slaves are barely mentioned in troll lore and seem to have been retconned too with bfa. Relying on slaves clashes, for a good part, with the idea of being mighty.

Second: perhaps I understood it wrong, but is your GM an IC member of the Zanchuli council? Those are fairly big lore figures in troll lore, why choose this?

Third: Also I suppose bringing in the horde hostile tribes and taking horde slaves makes you very, very open enemies of the Horde and the Zandalari loyal to king and princess. That doesn’t have to be a problem, one other non-horde troll guild on AD comes to mind, Zandalari Empire (I believe they are now Shadow of the Empires?) and SGE on DB which play out the concept of non-horde aligned trolls for a few years now in stranglethorn. But taking explicit Horde hostile RP to soon Horde territory (Zandalar, I presume, considering your ‘for Zandalar’) while having horde slaves / prisoners around – how do you expect to keep a longlived guild, especially as AD is more strict on non-horde RP in horde capitals than DB ever was.

Okay! Apologies for the delayed answers, but here we go;

A to Q 1: Why slaves? It's true the Zandalari disapprove of slavery, and most other troll tribes seem to as well. However, we don't consist of any troll tribe, we are merely trolls from all over the world who have banded together under a ruthless, tyrannical vision of greatness and prosperity. I'm aware that it contradicts usual troll views, but that doesn't make it un-feasible. However, if you're wondering WHY we've chosen to do it, it comes down to a number of things;
A) It makes no sense for these trolls to believe themselves powerful enough to make a difference on their own. The amount of radical trolls lessen every day, and they view enslavement as the only option to increase their numbers to a sufficient point as well as show superiority over other races.
B) From an OOC standpoint it gives a lot of benefits, such as; people who are interested in RP'ing with us but not as trolls can now join in those positions, it'll create a lot of interesting casual RP both with Horde guilds, other troll guilds and of course through the dynamic between the slaves and their troll overlords.

A to Q 2: Though none are nearly as skilled or important as Prophet Zul, the Zandalari are known to have plenty of prophets. And no, I am not claiming 'Prophet Rak'huul' is a member of Rastakhan's personal Zanchuli advisors. However, the Zanchuli are a much bigger organization than just Rastakhan's top advisors. It was an elitist organization led by Zul which works to basically govern Zandalar under Zul's leadership. Most of them joined the rebellion against Rastakhan but a few remained loyal. Rak'huul was one of the ones who simply remained on the sidelines, as he agreed with neither side.

A to Q 3: Ideally, of course I want this guild to be long-lived, but truthfully, my priorities don't lie in quantity or longevity, but rather quality. If it turns out the other horde/troll guilds hate us so much that they would start a campaign to wipe us out, then so be it, I'd love some RP like that. Whether you agree with it or not, you can't deny that'd be pretty cool. If a time like that comes, then I hope it'll go down with good OOC communication and epic RP with little drama on the OOC front.
3 Likes
Lots of potential, good luck!
1 Like
Excited guttural noises and gurgling
2 Likes
I for one welcome our new Troll Overlords! I would love to be apart of this.
21/09/2018 20:05Posted by Jubara
I for one welcome our new Troll Overlords! I would love to be apart of this.
And you are more than welcome to become part of it! Just join our Discord or hit one of us up personally and we can talk through the details!
4. Important note: Though we are already making plans and preparations for this guild, it won't kick into full swing until Zandalari are playable.

Given that plans are already being made for the guild, I think it would be prudent to ask; What kinds of events and long-term campaigns are in the works at present? It'd be interesting to hear directly what you want to do initially and what you would like to do in the future.
We're definitely looking forward to future interactions with some different minded Zandalari, keep up the work looking promising this far!
22/09/2018 12:17Posted by Tulrey
4. Important note: Though we are already making plans and preparations for this guild, it won't kick into full swing until Zandalari are playable.

Given that plans are already being made for the guild, I think it would be prudent to ask; What kinds of events and long-term campaigns are in the works at present? It'd be interesting to hear directly what you want to do initially and what you would like to do in the future.
Good question! As most former members of Murder of Crows would be able to tell you, I have a lot of experience in building storylines and creating campaign-focused RP, though admittedly I'm still in the early stages of planning out the bigger stories planned for the guild. With that said, this concept is specifically designed to create active and consistent casual RP between said events and campaigns precisely because Murder of Crows' core flaw was its lack of consistent casual RP, and I've already started reaching out to other guilds in similar areas which I plan on setting up either rivalries or partnerships with to create more dynamic RP.

With that said, to get back on the topic of events and campaigns, this is how I usually structure them;
Either with a short-story, an IC gathering or an event, I set up the beginning of a new campaign which then moves forward event by event, likely one or two a week, with each event holding its own piece of the puzzle leading up to the conclusion of whatever story I'm building. For better or worse, I do try to make them quite story-driven, and I hate to make any event that doesn't somehow contribute to the story. In my old guild I also used Watch2Gether with ambient music for different scenarios to create a more immersive environment, but whether I use this in Hand of Zanchul or not will depend on if the guildies want it!
23/09/2018 01:30Posted by Rak
In my old guild I also used Watch2Gether with ambient music for different scenarios to create a more immersive environment, but whether I use this in Hand of Zanchul or not will depend on if the guildies want it!

We do want it.
(for the uninitiated: Rak here has excellent taste when it comes to music for events)
We do want it.
(for the uninitiated: Rak here has excellent taste when it comes to music for events)

Not just taste in music, mind.
Rak is a great DM and all events of his in which I've partaken have been fantastic.

This isn't a compliment, it's pressure for him to do even better this time around!
Looks very promising! I might not be joining you but I will enjoy fighting you and your wicked ways! ^^