[H-RP] Hand of Zanchul (Zandalari/Troll/Slave Guild)

I don’t think the horde would oppose a group for having slaves, but for anti horde sentiments and having horde hostile races in their roster combined with horde slaves. My question wasn’t a ‘slavery is bad’ argument, but I wondered about the concept of a guild with strong outspoken anti-troll tendencies (their gurubashi and dark trolls preaching against the horde in Orgrimmar for example) and how that will work with having slaves.

I completely agree with you that I don’t think the Horde would oppose a group for having slaves alone (the Zandalari themselves maybe, since their anti slave take in both Mop and BfA), but the comment was about the guild portraying themselves and behaving as anti horde, taking in horde-hostile tribes such as the Amani and having horde races as slaves, a combination which makes them antagonists (which is fine) VS roleplay on horde territory, hence my question which Rakhuul has answered.

Eight days remaining! Hype!

Interesting concept. I will be leveling a druid on Wednesday, so will definitely check it out and get in touch with you once I find the time.

Work Work and stuff…

Looking forward to hearing from you, Threym!

Anti-Horde sentiment maybe, but Horde hostile races is kind of a vague term, since they also allowed a Centaur to join them!

Also, secretly I’m quite interested in the guild, I never roleplayed a slave before anyway, so ya know… But I got so many characters already :frowning:

Always space for another!

… In all seriousness though, we don’t demand activity off of anyone, so if you do want to make an alt for it at some point, feel free.

SoonTM is nearing its end… …But the stalking has only begun. Thus far my stalking has verified the quality of this lot is :ok_hand:

1 Like

Oh bad mons, supreme mons…

CONQUERING MONS

That’s a cool and nice concept, as someone who misses Zul… Also Rastakhan…
I really like it…

DA ZANDALARI BE REBORN

They’ll be avenged, brother!

1 Like

YASSSS

NO BLOOD WILL REMAIN UNAVENGED

Poor my Zandalari… After so many tragedies he became Akunda…
And now forgot all :joy:

I’ll most likely join on Veshj then, but you know I don’t wanna be that person™ that’s rarely online…

And I am rarely online on Veshj because I’m still farming that Arathi raptor mount (HD), and the Goldenmane!

Also, what about mounts, would slaves be forced to also ride a raptor, unless they’ll have to walk ofcourse :wink:

Given that they are slaves, I can’t possibly see them being granted the honour of riding raptors.

Expect walking.

Would be fair enough, atleast I’d get some -more- time to farm the horsey :wink:

That hecking darn horse mount, I want it so bad :frowning:

I can confirm that it’s unlikely any slave will be granted their own mount; but, after some restructuring, we do have the ‘Converted’ rank for slaves/gladiators who prove themselves sympathetic or loyal to the supremacist cause. Those might, under the right circumstances, receive such rights.

That’s not something that’ll fit Veshj, I’m afraid.

She was raised by her parents that all trolls are savage beasts with irredeemable qualities.

Footwork it is, then :wink:

A disobedient blood elf who views all trolls as savage, irredeemable beasts… yeah that’ll make an ideal slave.

What type of RP do you plan to do? Focused on combat or travelling, or social RP etc?
Also, what will the difference between trolls and slaves be? Of course, ICly slaves won´t get to have a word in anything, but outside of that, will there be different roles that these “castes” get to fulfill (for example, trolls fighting more, slaves being restricted in what classes they get to be or use of their powers and so on).

Aight so, your question demands quite a long answer, but I’ll do my best;

First and foremost, when it comes to RP, the concept is designed to create interesting and dynamic casual RP based on conflict. Not just within our own guild through moral dilemmas surrounding slavery and the dynamic between trolls and slaves; but also through interactions with other guilds. By being antagonists in the eyes of most other Horde guilds, it’ll open up for a ton of interesting RP with others if we communicate correctly OOC, and we already have OOC ties with other upcoming and existing troll guilds so that should go smoothly.

That’s just in regards to spontaneous RP and interactions however; Besides that, the leadership of this guild also has a lot of experience in running long, story-driven campaigns with DM:ed events. We already have the first campaign planned, revolving around events in Stranglethorn Vale.

Seeing as it is all based on conflict, there will probably be combat here and there, but we don’t actively seek out fights either. Personally I prefer to center RP around moral dilemmas and qualms, and then let conflicts rise from that rather than throw combat at the guildies.

Then in regards to slavery; the gladiator category is there for a reason, and slaves who prove capable of fighting are likely to be used as disposable cannon fodder or gladitorial entertainment for the trolls. Other than that though, their job is primarily to act as servants for the trolls. We don’t have a ‘Caste’ system per say, but we do have a strict hierarchy, where the trolls who are higher up in the chain of command hold far more authority and power than those below.

Finally; it’s true that classes like mages make for inconvenient slaves, so the trolls are more likely to want to sacrifice them than to enslave them, but under specific circumstances and with special means I imagine it can be done.

I hope that answers your questions, if not, feel free to ask again!

1 Like

Don’t worry, Veshj survived the Southfury Marauders and Forlorn Legion too, where she was a prisoner.

But both disbanded, leaving her without a income, which ended in her being poor, and then she also had to leave Quel’thalas because her brother is a wretched and she used void, such a tragic story :stuck_out_tongue:

Yep, answered everything. Thanks for the long response.

I asked because this guild concept impressed me when I read about it some time ago and after seeing that you don´t have attendance requirement (I already am in a guild on the Alliance where I want to be active and I can´t commit to two guilds), I realized joining would be a possibility (similarly to Veshj, I am interested in concept of slave RP).

One more question, though. Do you guys plan to be located on Zandalar or “old world”?