[H-RP] Kosh'harg Festival, Spring 2019

throws the orc a stress ball to squeeze.

1 Like

Have you lost someone close to you?
Then come attend the Remembrance of the Dead ceremony held on the first day of the Kosh’harg! Bring along your personal offerings for those that have moved on to the next world, and use this time of peace to honour their passing.

2 Likes

This is usually fun, or has the appearance of fun. I worry, though, as the lore retroactively barred us from Draenor despite Legion questing and Outland is canonically crumbling since at least WoD. Do we even know if a trip to Garadar is possible?

Might have to cancel Aktush attending due to inaktivity aswell as a few leavers unless that changes doing the next two weeks, is likely we wont come.
(do am likely to appear myself)

With individuals such as the high priestess of the aldor frequenting the Vindicaar after WoD, among other Npc’s, yes. It should logically still be possible. Otherwise, how’d they leave outland? Blizz have been famously lacking on news/information on outland in recent years, but that’s only natural since it’s a past expansion.

So all evidence points to it being accessible despite a lack of blizzard confirmation.

1 Like

That may be so, but at the same time it can be decreed that the Aldor migrated to Azeroth around the same time as the outland mag’har who made up a bulk of Garrosh’s true horde.

Travel by players for quest purposes like the legion mage tower are shown to be irrelevant to the wider lore and it’d be very awkward to later learn how all our kosh’hargs in recent memory were never possible because updated lore says Nagrand fell into the nether during MoP.

It’s just this black spot of uncertainty but if Blizzard can retcon events, so can players in regard to these things and suddenly the meetings were always on that cool plateau in the Barrens all along.

Yet there’s no evidence of this. Besides, the majority of Garrosh’s true horde are actually OU Blackrocks. The exception being his Warsong honor guard in Warsong hold.

Further more, we have no indication that the Aldor, a shattrath centred order dedicated to the Naaru came to Azeroth. Only the High priestess in the Vindicaar seems to of made the move.

Regardless, state of the dark portal aside, there was a stable portal between Quel’danas and Shattrath used for the shattered sun offensive. So whatever the result of the events of WoD, Outland remains accessible by portal. This is further reinforced by Ilidan reaching the broken world during the events of “the frozen throne”, without using the dark portal (and well before it re-opened in the events leading to the burning crusade).

You are right, it’s a black spot. But all evidence points to a positive indication that Outland remains quite reachable. Best case scenario, as the iron horde invasion was stopped, the dark portal reverted to it’s natural state providing a path to Outland. Worst case scenario? It’s reachable by alternative portals through magi.

Didn’t some classes go back there for their artefact weapon? Demon Hunters etc and wasn’t warlocks given a green fire quest to go back there too? I think it’s perfectly accessible because the rift of the two worlds still exists.

Plenty of trips happen in quests, but it’s demonstrably irrelevant as we went to Draenor for profession quests in Legion despite BfA asserting it was closed off after WoD, demanding the timey-wimey 30 year timeskip to post-primal apocalyptic Draenor from which we pluck the mag’har.

My concern perches on the problem of Blizzard declaring Outland lost in some throwaway quest text but then we’ll just adjust accordingly, crossing out old experiences and mad libbing in a new location.

Didn’t the Demon Hunters get Akama for their class hall going back to outland? I mean I’m throwing evidence at you that it’s possible post-wod but you just waving your hand saying, “Well that doesn’t count because it’s a quest.”

Then again I think you’re just trolling like too many people do on this forum. This is why I hardly post on them. Carry on!

During a main quest chain during Legion, you as the main player character (Netherlord, Archmage, Archdruid etc), are tasked with travelling to Outland by Xe’ra’s core - “The Light’s Heart”.

This quest is not a potential throw-away profession quest nor is it comic relief; it’s a part of the main story-line of the most recent expansion previous to BfA.

I’d consider that pretty conclusive evidence that, for now at least, we’re able to travel to Outland lore-wise and leave this conversation there.

Source: https://www.wowhead.com/quest=44497/destiny-unfulfilled

1 Like

I believe we’ll be in Hellfire Peninsula within the week, can’t say Raz whose a Bleeding Hollow will be too glad to go back. He misses Tanaan Jungle :frowning:

No, you just misunderstand my points but that could be for any number of reasons on both ends.

All I’m saying, repeatedly, is that I’m worried that setting up kosh’hargs in a place we know to be crumbling invites a situation wherein blizzard can decree all our prior events as impossible at any time, demanding a major retcon.

Quests being associated with Outland post WoD end up in a dubious zone due to quests being set in Draenor during Legion when canonically, we now know that to be impossible. Blizzard didn’t care back then and as such, quests are unreliable and it all boils down to whether we’re comfortable with risking having to retcon everything associated with Garadar in the future.

My stance has been that sure, we can do that but what do other people who aren’t myself think of this unfortunate lore greyzone?

Then that’d be a retcon to figure on when such a time comes, is the way I look at it. Access to and the state of TBC zones seems like it’s somewhat retcon safe, given the developers don’t want to revisit it more than once or twice per expansion at most.

Until then, we’ll make the most of it.

Be good to see you guys again, do you have a plan when you’ll head to outland? Missed you lot after spending so long on the road together!

1 Like

We’ll be arriving ahead of you, when our adventures in Highmountain ends!

1 Like

Highmountain, one of my favorite zones! Lucky you! See you in Outland <3

We shouldn’t host an RP event in Westfall because we don’t know the lore post cata if that wandering tornado hasn’t destroyed everything.

We shouldn’t host an event in Wetlands because we don’t know if those wandering fire elementals haven’t burned down the place.

Basically we always operate with the potential that lore could change and retroactively change things. That’s just the nature of the beast. However we can’t hold back from RP on the maybes of future lore all the time. Especially when this is harmless overall with Legion events taking us to Outland for several lore quests and story moments.

As for Kosh’arg love these events and will sneak my orc on down.

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m not telling people not to kosh’harg. It’s just that the fate of Outland in particular is a very unfortunate chunk of lore ambiguity. I’d happily attend this on my orc(s).

Lore discussions aside, we’re getting ever closer to the festival! I sure hope people are ready for riddles and trials in the Trial of the Wyvern; there’s some mighty fine prizes to be had. (High item quality not guaranteed)

5 Likes