Has World of Warcraft become Pay2Win?

The definition of P2W seems to change as often as peoples underwear. Soon having access to the forums is considered P2W since there is occasionally some useful information here, which some players don’t visit.

It has and anyone disagreeing never played in the current state at any high possible content

Not sure what you’re on about - we all PAY a subscription to play the game thats how it works!

The highest wallet level.

1 Like

Its acctualy quite the opposite. Most of this p2w crowd are just baddies who think they are bad because they are not paying…

1 Like

I paid for a N’zoth kill - no shame admiting it - for the mount, and even tho’ had a cool drop and roll (ring and trinket) I can’t really say I have Won or became better in WoW or got any meaningfull advantage
I’m not that of a good player and no amout of gear or money will change that… You can just accept that facts and try to become better, but is not really tied to amount of money you spent :smiley:

I don’t think you’ve ever seen high rated arena streams? People are basically running around with gear which is pay2win aka gushing wounds on every BoE possible bought out of the AH and being carried through mythic nyalotha with “gold”. It’s not possible to compete against these players because of corruption and gear.

2 Likes

No. It is an objective fact that giving money to Blizzard results in advantage. It’s not even the WoW token that’s the problem, it is multiboxing. Blizzard can solve this easily - allow only one instance of WoW to run on a PC.

There’s Lineage 2 private servers that deal with this better than Blizzard does.

Step 1: Buy gold from Blizzard

Step 2: Buy boosts

Step 3: Buy BOE with best corruption

Win.

It doesnt matter. You have mount and all other rewards. Nobady cares if you are skilled or not thats something what isnt vissible and there is no cosmetic representation how it could be recognized.

And P2W do not stand for wining. Win part stands for earning power for cash. Its slang.

So what you are saying here is that all high end PvPers just drop a load of tokens on the game and don’t do anything else? That’s a bit of a leap isn’t it?

Couldn’t those players have won their BOEs by raiding with their guild and friends or have bought them from the AH with gold that they made in game?

1 Like

I would say tokens are massively p2w and yet no1 ever noticed it. The masses really let that one slip through yet they freak out about store mounts…

multiboxing is a playstyle, I don’t think wanting to play 40 shamans at once is p2w even if you can win most scenarios with it

it’s just how some turbonerd wants to play

and buying gear via wow token isn’t either

they added wow token to deal with gold farming, and it’s done so effectively, the alternative is buying gold from shifty sites to get the thing you want off AH

Advantage? What advantage exactly? A boosted scumbag won’t deal more damage compared to common player in any type of content, because boosted player will always die on mechanics or bad rotation execution. You can buy how many boosts you want. but you will never be better than me. I’m pretty sure about it. Additionally, there is no reasons for buying boosts. You don’t need a gear for beating casual content. And if you have a gear from boosting services to compete in higher M+ you will fail anyway cuz lack of skill. The boosting services makes sense for Alts of skilled players because it speeds up the gearing process rapidly. Additionally I don’t see any reason to be mad because someone is being boosted for golds. How does it threaten me? What disadvantage brings it to me? Can you please elaborate on that?

1 Like

Maybe all the “P2W” haters will admit they don’t like capitalism, what’s wrong with someone paying to get some stuff? Especially if it’s cosmetics.

Edit: actual pay to win means if you pay you can get stuff that someone who won’t pay never (or almost never) will.

let me say it like this. if two players are similarly skilled but one buys 12/12 mythic boost and boe corruptions from the auction house to tip the balance using gold or real money, is the game not p2w?

keep in mind the gold has been gained through coaching or tokens. on top of that the coaching gold is most likely a product of token system.

What if instead of getting boosted for money you get boosted by your raiding/M+ guild and instead of buying tokens you just farm gold and play the AH like a maniac?

I think pay2win only has to do with pvp, since players can buy ton of tokens in order to buy corruption gear which could be used in arena.

But that’s not limited to real money, you can do that with gold or just get it yourself.

so if i spend 12 hours every day for months sitting next to the auction + progress raiding doing content I hate i can get same result as the other guy who is using the avenue i suggested and getting the same result in two sittings. keep in mind he is getting better at the game cus he is actually pvping. dont you think the fact its even the option to do it this way makes it p2w.

p2w is applicable in pve as well. i bet some of the cutting edge m+ guys or world first guilds have dumped a ton of real money to fund bis gear and other related stuff.