Hey Blizzard, PvP is completely dead

I was refering strictly to BFA pvp.
I like to play pvp. But i need something to achieve, like a pvp vendor. :slight_smile:

Yeah, agree with you on that. :slight_smile: Especially since they decided to remove the fun from pvp…

How to fix pvp gearing.

Make it like in Wod.

The vendor is Deathwing size and yell ( with sound ) pvpvendor pvpvendor like a Pokémon

You can always exchange items back so no one can buy the wrong one

2 Likes

Oh even better, the pvp vendor is a pop-up menu that opens as soon as you try to queue for any pvp activity. I’d go as far as bet that it might alleviate the “issue” that “some players couldn’t find the pvp vendor”.

2 Likes

Also everytime you enter a city street sales man will walk up to you and will try to sell you pvp gear.

Incase someone missed the pop up

1 Like

PvP in MOP was the last good PvP we had. Tons of abilities on every single class. Every class was unique and didnt have 0-60% heal in 5 seconds. Now everything is monotonous and boring. Why bother attacking that rogue when he can pop heal and heal 50% of his health in 5 seconds on 30 second cooldown. What a complete joke of a game design

What did you do before when we had vendors and you had filled all slots?

The previous goals are still there: Fun, achievements, rating if you do rated PvP. Legion added the progressive honor system for skins, pets, mounts, and titles.

My issues with PvP are, as throughout the existence of the game, the lack of balance, the absence of random BG matchmaking of any kind. I never really got into arena, because I never had anyone to learn it with, which also made finding RBG teams (when RBGs were at least a little more popular) impossible. I’ve been playing a bit more arena for the Conflct and Strife essence lately, but I’m at the “blow all CDs and win or get wiped by the other team that blows all CDs”, so there is a lot to learn. :slight_smile:

They are in some capacity, but the subjective view of mine (and many others) is that class design has been a letdown so grinding through pvp just for the fun of it isn’t as compelling as it used to be.

Also the honor/prestige/whatever system both in Legion and BFA has felt rather lackluster and unrewarding.
Rewards too few and far between, the rewards afaik only go up to 500, and reaching 500, the last 250 or so levels before 500 offer like, 2 rewards, a pet and a title. Besides those 2 milestones the grind is just watching a number going up slowly.

Also also the fact that with sharding/xrealm wpvp feels hollow and meaningless when there aren’t rivalries and notoriety to gain. It’s just mindless slaughter, which you might aswell do in BGs.

I’d say the more intangible goals are all watered down, and the tangible ones are locked behind a PvE grind, and are still for the most part less lucrative than the PvE alternatives even if you get through the initial pve hump.

1 Like

I don’t give a F on mounts, pets and titles as i have hundreds of them.
I just want to pick my own gear, no AP and just bash all the nobs with my epic dagger. :slight_smile:

No pvp vendors. It’s really confusing to find these vendors and use them. People get lost and can’t find these vendors. Better for them to be removed instead.

I’m still wondering, if blizzard actually took a little bit of time to think about how ridiculous this response of theirs was before saying it.

3 Likes

How do you even click on a pvp vendor? Damn confusing system…

4 Likes

We had pvp vendors ever since the introduction of the rated pvp system in TBC. There was no “before”.

3 Likes

Actually pvp was killed by legion…
Bfa just collected the ashes and put it into the urn

I was a vivid pvper and like to play bgs and stuff more than doing any pve thing, but legion bgs were so much anti fun and pvp gearing and what not that I almost completely stopped.

if bgs are already 0 fun, then arena will end up in the dumpster anyways.

2 Likes

15 min queue for rbg, and what do you get for a win? here have some potions… And with removal of pvp vendors, there is absolutely no motivation to pvp. Great job blizzard, you fixed pvp

2 Likes

Is my English off or did you misunderstand? I asked, “What did you do before when we had vendors and you had filled all slots?”, meaning: “What did you do before now, back when we had vendors, after you had filled all gear slots?” Because there was no “progression” in non-rated PvP at all, less than now.

I am not arguing for the current loot system in PvP (and also feel conquest points should be strictly limited to arena), but the player I quoted said he enjoys PvP, but needs an incentive. I feel there were fewer incentives to do casual PvP before Legion/BFA, in spite of the vendor. So what did he do once he had bought every piece of gear from the vendor? It didn’t take all season.

There was also a long time when there were no (honor) weapons for casual PvPers at all. From a casual PvP perspective, being able to get heroic level (430) gear simply by doing BGs or (much faster) joining a Battle for Nazjatar group once a day for 5 minutes, it was never easier to get strong gear through casual PvP.

Now you get one 430 piece per week that requires no rating at all, you just have to fill the CP bar, and the PvP chest gives a 430 piece for a 1400+ rating per week also (and you can’t lose rating before 1300, so even I, with extremely limited arena experience, made it to 1400). There have been heroic raid weeks where I got fewer than two 430 pieces.

I probably misunderstood. The answer is we had fun playing. You know, not being at a severe disadvantage as we are now.

2 Likes

I think my fun in PvP always depended on what place my class/spec was in at any given time, and the overall balance. I thought I’d enjoy templates in Legion, but it turned out to have the same problems: if your template was poor, you were stuck and couldn’t even really fix it with gear, which I felt was even worse.

In a nutshell, I feel that rated, competitive PvP should be equalized (a diversely stocked PvP vendor being the least error prone way of doing this), which still leaves the balance issues, but removes the complications from gear from the equation. I doubt anyone disagrees with this, except seemingly the developers.

2 Likes

I’d love to do rated PvP but the gate keeping from the existing community is beyond a joke. If you welcomed new and low rated people maybe there’d be more willing to play rated PvP

Ah yea blame it on the players that’s always the best and most logical way.

1 Like

More players actively engaging in the content the more reason for Blizzard to listen and ‘fix’ said content.

As I said I average 40 hours a week in WoW and I’d love to do some rated PvP but I sorry to say the PvP community sucks in how it deals with ‘lessers’

1 Like