HoJ and Glad Chain farmers

So here goes sticking my neck out here.

Firstly disclaimer I Think the max 30 instances “fix” is a minimal effort and probably ineffectual way of addressing botters. However…

I simply can’t find myself agreeing with people in the game that state it will affect people farming BRD arena and post phase 5 Emperor for HoJ and Gladiator Chain.

And here’s why, with the reset limit a person would be able to farm for 6 hours over 24 hour period. That’s one-quarter of their life all day every day for as long as they are doing it. And this is under the assumption that they are login in, in a group at precisely the same time as 4 other players outside the instance and doing nothing else and minimizing to the second the amount of time in the run and doing nothing else in the game.

In reality, most people are going to have to search for a group in LFG or guild, travel to the instance and waiting on other people to deal with real-life events. As well as going to the bathroom, preparing and eating food etc etc. Allowing for all these 30 runs is probably going to take more like 8 hours. That’s one-third of a person’s life for the time they are doing it.

It’s not for me to tell anyone how to spend their time, but I’d hope most people have better things to do than spend one-third of their life for an extended period of time waiting for a drop from BRD. And frankly, I think a limit on that isn’t entirely a bad thing.

2 Likes

yeah OR you can just get one good geared buddy and farm the BRD arena 5 times in 15 minutes, assuming you are going only for SGC (like me) then log out and meet back up 45 minutes later.

this allows for a grand total of 90 minutes of playtime before you hit the 30 instance lock.

if there wasn’t a 45 min wait period, out of the rest of the 1 hour lock per 5 instances, you could be done in 1 hour and 30 minutes and be forced to wait for 22 hours and 30 minutes before you had to log back on for more instance content.

thanks to the already severely limiting 1 hour lock per 5 instances, this artificially takes 6 hours instead of 1 hour 30 min, meaning you ‘only’ have to wait 18 hours before you can do another sequence of 30 lockouts.

i would classify this as extremely casual. nowhere near where it needs to be.

6 Likes

The problem is not the daily cap every day, but rather during specific time frames like weekends where a lot of players (like me) sometimes like to farm all day and then raid. This change will not affect me whatsoever during weekdays but I will hit that cap almost every single sunday before raid unless I’m super careful.

2 Likes

God forbid you play a druid and need to farm crowd pummelers. Or try to get a jed ID.

3 Likes

So, its also not so much what a player is able to do in allotted time, but there has been the odd weekend where a group of 5 of us spent about 16h straight farming dungeons trying to get them done as quickly as possible, 3x HoR or BRE war’s + WF + priest, it prevents us from doing that, but its also the fact you are loosing an option in a game, for a none effect, I (we) play an instance based MMO to play it, not be limited by the restrictions placed after launch in a patch mentioned less than 1 day before it went live, so they could get no public feedback.
I am lucky i did some work and didnt need to continue to sustain me and my lifestyle anymore, so i dont have anything “better” to do than spend time with friends or play games (and the friends tend to play games with me) so i can and do spend 18h a day on games, i focus on 1 game at a time, and i wanted to play this, with this restriction the game is unplayable by me,

and in all this it has no effects on bots, its just sad really

2 Likes

Realisticly though, a feral druid should get gkicked

1 Like

Feral druids are a meme in classic, but are still amongst the top dps if played correctly. I’ve seen em out dps some epic geared mages and rogues, when they are in full blues…

1 Like

We have a feral OT in mainraid. You need someone to blame when Bwl takes to long.

Once again just one sample of reality that proves that the argument that people don’t realistically hit the cap is false.

Also totally agreeing with this. People should have the liberty to do their thing when they want to do it. Alot of people dont/barely touch the game for 5 days because they are busy irl, and then decide to blast it in the weekend and do a big farm day.

2 Likes

Majority of the income I make in Classic comes from doing short (~5 minute) runs within instances. I log on a character in a dungeon, invite my alt on the second account to group so I can reset for myself, do five quick runs within 20-30 minutes, and then log out and do other stuff.

One of these 5 resets runs nets me ~35-55 gold. This is far from the most time efficient or lucrative ways of making money in the game, but I personally like it. There’s basically zero chance of failure, you don’t depend on other people so you can do it whenever you want, say you wake up at three in the morning and can’t go back to sleep, you can just go do a quick session right there and then, and it’s pretty consistent, it’s not an RNG thing where you’re hoping for an expensive item with a very low drop chance to drop, you always get more or less the same results.

I rarely do six or more of these runs a day. Why would I? If I were to do just one a day, over the course of a week, that would net me enough money to cover all my raiding expenses, and get a flask of supreme power to stash in the bank for future speedruns/AQ40/Naxx.

But there are times when, for example, it’s Saturday, I have no real life plans for the day, so I just do a bunch of these runs over the course of the day while reading an interesting book or binging a TV series or something. Thirty runs over the course of a day means roughly two and a half hours of playing the game, which is really nothing special. I’m sure there’s been times when I’ve done twice as many. So while this change is not the end of the world for me and it’s not going to make me quit or anything, I do have to admit I find it somewhat frustrating, since it means I can’t really do something like this anymore.

Besides disliking this change because it personally negatively affects me, I also dislike it on a “philosophical” level. I don’t like having arbitrary time constraints placed on the players. I don’t like Blizzard saying “From now on you can do X amount of instances a day and no more” - if some nolife NEET wants to spend twenty hours a day grinding, that’s up to him and he should be allowed to do so. But then again, WoW has had weekly raid limits and 5 resets an hour limits since vanilla, so eh.

Another thing I dislike about this thing is its implementation. From what I understand, it works the same way the current 5 instances an hour lockout works, except it’s 30 instances per 24 hours. This means we have to keep track of it and pay more attention to it, if one were to do a lot of instances in the evening, in the next morning they would still be locked out, since it’s within the same 24 hour period. I wish Blizzard made it so it’s more like the daily heroic reset they added in TBC - you do, say, heroic Shattered Halls at 20:00, then there’s a global reset at 03:00, and you can do another heroic Shattered Halls run the next day at 09:00, you don’t need to wait until 20:01 the next day to do it again.

Alternatively, if they were to change it to a weekly cap instead of a daily one, so it was 210 instances a week instead of 30 a day, I would no longer consider it a problem whatsoever. I might do thirty or more instance resets in a single day, and I might even do it twice or thrice a week, but no chance I’m doing it every day, so I doubt there would ever be a time where I would reach the weekly cap.

2 Likes

If you use a char on same bnet account to reset, you dont have 30 lockouts per day, you have 15.

Seems I was wrong then.

There seems to be people, who by the responses I see play WoW like it’s their job. A job where you don’t get to take weekends off and has ~double the amount of hours per week (or day) that a person would consider over normal working hours.

Not for me to say how people should spend their time and I agree it won’t stop botters. But this a reminded me of a loading screen that says something like;

“Bring your friends to Azeroth, but don’t forget to go outside Azeroth with them as well”

1 Like

“Bring your friends to Azeroth, but don’t forget to go outside Azeroth with them as well”

You’ve heard of COVID-19, right? xD

Of course I have.

I thought it would go without saying that this statement wasn’t directly solely to activity within the current environment. But if clarity is needed it’s both before and after. And going “outside” doesn’t require friends as well. :roll_eyes:

I’m sure there’s a dozen more ways I’ve not thought of that someone could pick holes in that. But it is my hope that most of you won’t require such a labored explanation .

1 Like

You are assuming that people don’t solo farm or duo farm dungeons. Which i personally do i go inside dungeons alone to farm materials. I know other people who do the same thing. Also people could cap 5resets/hour in less then a couple of minutes. It’s only 6hours assuming you are doing 12Minute runs . Which i’ve seen many Boosters and farmers hit on a regular base. Most people tend to also farm befor and after every raid, they even go for buffs from time to time. The fact is that this change is so restrictive that people will get second accounts or they’ll just stop doing Pug runs. Stop doing BRD runs to help people get a item a lot less stuff will get done. But it’s not going to be botters who stop. It’ll be players. Professional Botters will just adapt and try to get more money out of it.

Cant bosses in AQ be killed if noone has HoJ or SGC?
Or druids w/o MCP?
People here act like that

Half the fun of the game is farming for those rare drops in dungeons.

Other half is frustration when it doesnt drop.

No.
If an AQ boss is about to die he’ll stop fighting and start inspecting every warrior and sword rogue in the group.
If there’s 1 not wearing HoJ he’ll simply enrage and heal to full.

2 Likes

But you can agree with math?

Chad plays 15 resets on Friday evening for 4hours grinding Hoj and Sgc and Saturday morning another 15 for 4 hours and then he is locked till evening. So it’s 14.00 o’clock and he can’t play. And same for Sunday. And then Chads goes to work Monday to Friday and won’t have much time for his beloved WoW.

So you think that Chads don’t deserve to play WoW as much as it wants on his free time.