Homophobia in rp needs to cease

Doesn’t sound that bad to me, its not as much of a children’s game as people like to portray I feel, but then i’m not daddy blizzard so I can only hope.

To be honest the whole attempt at trying to be condescending and sassy doesn’t sound as cool :sunglasses: as it did in your head

It won’t matter much, keep in mind that games like GTA V, CoD and other M rated/16+ rated games etc are infested with 12 year old kids.

It really is though. They even have childern’s books now.

3 Likes

Yeah but at least at that point its the parents fault for letting them play a game above the age rating, (Not the many actually give a **** about the age rating to begin with in my experience.)

Nice. You got me there. You -are- so clever. As evident by this conversation.

Shrug

1 Like

Heh, I don’t care.

IIRC the age rating is about who the game can be sold to moreso than who can play it. You can’t legally sell a game like Grand Theft Auto to somebody who looks under the age on the box, but there’s nothing to stop them from playing it, probably because it’s too difficult to regulate.

I could be wrong though, and maybe the law does extend to actual use of the game too.

Also I’m showing my age and ignorance here by assuming the sale of games is over-counter and for box copies and isn’t just all doen through online shopping and digital keys.

It’s about what’s actually in the game or what can you show in the game (assuming it’s a live service).

Letting your 12 year old engage with strangers online should always be something kept in check, regardless of the game’s rating (also the ESRB doesn’t rate online communities, it should if you ask me)

Might depend on the country. In some places, I heard the age rating is more like a recommendation of who is the game recommended for more than a “you need to be X years old to buy it”.

It is. The rating is for the game aka it literally rates the contents of the game.

Ah, so basically a “parental advisory” sticker but for games instead of music?

That is your opinion I guess, but truth be told, what about those who find this to be of poor taste, and don’t want to see it when it’s been stated time and again it’s not a thing in lore.
What makes you think you are innocent when you want to bring this nonesense into the game?
I say, remove homophobia (both IC and OOC) from the game, and everyone will be happy no?

People making a fuss about gay couples BUT at the same we share a realm
with Futas and “medieval setting” nobles, you know those historically known for things like… incest. shrugs but gays are the true scourge of this realm apperently.

well, these two threads have shown that not everyone will be

something something muh right to be homophobic something something :roll_eyes:

Yeah. I don’t know about all of Western Europe, but in for example Poland the age recommendations are purely informational and a 13-years-old can buy a copy of GTA5.

1 Like

yep, its just so your dad or whatever can get a quick glance of who the game is intended for without knowing about the game.

Yea, the age is not the important bit tbh. It’s all the rules and regulations that come with it especially in an online environment. You break the rules, you’re facing suspensions and bans and all that.

Well, it is a fact. Being I was one of a few people targetted and harassed. Not that I am complaining, they did a terrible job at it and they should be ashamed to call themselves trolls.

But anyway, yes. Let us keep homophobia away from the attitudes of the people who play the game. It is a backwards thought process and homosexuality isn’t hurting anyone in 2020.

I am innocent just because I am arguing on principle and semantics. What little some of these people have bothered to actually cite doesn’t support the claims they are making and Blizzard needs to seriously end this debate and release a clearer set of rules for what is expected of roleplayers.

Because currently, most general RP is a bannable offense.

“But racism is in lore!” Well yes, but it still promotes racism which is hate speech. So should a racist character be banned? Racism is racism after all.

And one of my characters is really nasty. Should I be banned for saying mean things to people?

Anyway, that was the point of my debate earlier on a more general level.

But to sum it all up, yes. Let’s keep bigotry out of the gaming community.

1 Like