Homophobia in rp needs to cease

you really haven’t read the thread at all

you should be banned for being homophobic / offensive yes :slight_smile:

Ironic…

She means actual bigotry in the open not the kind you inject into a roleplay scenario I think.

1 Like

There’s a difference between calling an orc a filthy savage and calling a black character a w**, anyone who isn’t socially maladjusted knows the difference and doesn’t need it to be spelled out to them.

4 Likes

I said they were nasty. Not homophobic.

Not really.

There is. Yes. That would be somebody taking OOC IC to cause OOC offense.

Then you agree the player saying the latter deserves to be banned.

1 Like

and i also said offensive :slight_smile:

What you call racism, I call hatred towards the opposing faction(s) so it’s not the same thing you are refering to, and it does exist in lore, otherwise, it wouldn’t be warcraft.

Again, keep OUT of the game as a whole, not just “ooc”.

I’m incline to call you a troll to, since you been going on this back and forth instead of stepping away after your suspension, I think you are smart enough to realize it will get you nowhere so why are even cling into this dumb back and forth?

1 Like

If they use real world racial slurs then yes. There is a reason in-universe insults like ‘greenskin’ or ‘round-ear’ are ok, but saying the n-word isn’t. There is no in-universe slur for hating the gays. Try again.

2 Likes

The closest we get is allegory, and with that it gets muddy. Are there racist conflicts in the real world that could be equated to the differences of Warcraft species? Very possibly, and given just how many wars us humans love to get into, I’m going to even say “probably”. But even then, is it Blizzard’s intentions to mirror IRL conflicts through Warcraft’s different species? There’s no solid answer but I’d give Blizzard the benefit of the doubt.

So in terms of Warcraft’s species-isms, a “racist” (character who dislikes other species) should not be a bannable offense, no.

As for inter-species conflicts, again, no. The basis for all of those is based on affiliations, loyalties, and differences of ideologies more than differences of culture and skin colour.

Most people know to keep IC and OOC different on this particular one, barring insults that really just don’t belong in Warcraft’s settings (IRL slurs, and demonstrations of IRL stigmas inparticularly.)

I mean, ideally both would be good.

0:17 technically.

The original homophobe… Muradin no!

The quotes you get from spam clicking a character are not canon.

And the forces of lordaeron… kinda, 0:18

He’s meme posting.

The early 2000s were crazy

It was Dennis, that one rude footman.

Oh that’s a debate for another thread, because anything that is in the universe is technically canon is it not?

Well summed up.

The era of don’t ask don’t tell within Lordaeron’s armies were a dark hour.

That’s embarrassing, I get why you post on a vanilla character.