Greetings everyone! It was about time we got a new forum post up for Shadowlands (we should not have let the old one expire!). The Hand of Agony is recruiting once more!
The Hand of Agony (The Nineteenth Forsaken Expeditionary Battalion) is a Forsaken Military Expedition guild with their homebase located in Tarren Mill. We are an Undead-only* guild focussed on military RP.
As we are an Expeditionary unit, it means that we are often found in a variety of places around Azeroth. Wherever the Horde requires us or where threats to the Forsaken people are, the Hand shall travel and execute the orders given. Be it for our own events or events created by our allied guilds. This in turn means that we travel back between Tarren Mill and other Horde outposts on Azeroth from mission to mission.
Even while the guild is a military unit, it should be important to note that we do not strictly limit ourselves to military RP. Sometimes our events include more civilian themes or are simply adventuring through the lands of Azeroth. It is often when we are in Tarren Mill that we focus on the more civilian aspect of Forsaken RP, work on character growth and reflect upon the last mission we had.
From once being a purely Apothecary unit and later a fully operational warmachine called the ‘’Queen’s Grasp’’, determined and prepared to fight wherever the Banshee Queen required. The now Nineteenth Forsaken Expeditionary Battalion decided that their loyalties remained with the Horde. Now actively seeking to crush those that seek to threaten the Forsaken and Horde respectively.
*Currently we do accept Death Knights of other races, except allied races. As long as these Death Knights pledge their loyalty to the people of the Forsaken.
So what about the game part and me as a player you ask? Well.
Accept new roleplayers, willing to teach you the ropes and help you grow. Lore is accessible and even can be debated for full interpretation over our discord. We can help you provide an NPC type throwable character if you are unsure what to make as your first character.
Are open to provide people with their own stories. We try to give you handouts and you can engage into RP daily by coordinating with fellow guild members through discord or in game icly. An IC channel on discord exists as well for minor things as well as Story channel where you can write what happens if you so wish. Not enforced, suggested if you want.
Expect respect to the officer team on IC level as in any other military unit. Punishments come for those who disobey and rewards for exemplary behaviour are given as well.
Assure you to the fact you can contact officer team members directly at any time for the problems regarding IC and solutions. We don’t enforce death or mutilations but discuss the process of punishment system with individuals if they do not want their character hurt in extremes.
have a very friendly family-esque discord.
More information on our AA: argentarchives. org/node/82147
Current Base of Operations from which the Hand dispatches to the Azeroth:
Tarren Mill in Hillsbrad Foothills.
Recruitment officers: Simetra/Simétra (Discord: Shadowshot#1047), Locknrot, Grepe and Erzebet. If none of us are online feel free to give any member a whisper! They will likely poke any of us on Discord and we will get to you as soon as we can.
- OOC/Operative: Members that have not undergone an in character interview. Said characters are allowed to remain OOC for the time it takes them to lvl, or gather RP items, or whatever other reason there is. Not indefinitely, however. The Operative part means you are alas allowed to be part of unit, but it is reserved for Auxiliary Unit roles (defective forsaken RP - those affected by brain rot or lesser undead or lesser functioning forsaken for any reason) or negotiated as a rank a unit member deployed as observer in certain zone whom reports to high command. It helps with those whom are usually inactive for longer periods or for alts whom will not show as much as mains.
- Recruit: New blood in the military unit receives a rank of Recruit, his journey ready to start. A lot of hard work will be need to prove themselves.
- Trooper: Gaining experience Recruits become troopers. Forming a less experienced pool of soldiers that will get the job done… if guided right.
- Specialist: Are soldiers who already knows a few tricks and their skills has been tested enough to be ready for a deployment almost anywhere without preparations.
- Veteran: These veteran soldiers of any branch act as exemplars for the less experienced among the Hand. Some are loved while others are feared, the Veteran’s duty is to show those below them how it’s done.
- Elite: Having earned the respect of their unit and their unit Commander the Elites are men and women who are battle-hardened and equipped for their tasks. Often associated with a certain officer the Elites act as a ‘‘Second in command’’ to their assigned unit.
- Officer: Having been put in charge by the Executor of the Hand the Officers lead the Hand’s different divisions with an unyielding tenacity. All sections (Apothecaries/Deathguards/Deathstalkers/Spellweavers/Clergy) have one of these and each of them is determined to make his or her actions best of their expectations from the commander and unit itself. Currently the Deathstalkers are being led by Captain Godfrey van Duskblade and the Deathguards are led by Commander Grepe.
- Executor: The leader of the Hand of Agony, holds absolute command over the entire unit and holds a powerful position in the Forsaken military.
If you have any questions that remain after reading this post, do not hesitate to contact any of the officers or myself.
Old forum post: [H-RP] Forsaken RP - The Hand of Agony
Peace. It had never lasted long in the world of Azeroth. The imagery of the fourth war was still fresh on the mind of many, as well as the fights against the void itself.
Orgrimmar, the proud bastion of the Horde stood mighty in the sands. Echo Isles spanned the south of Durotar. Thunder Bluff rose high on its plateau. Silvermoon Basked in its Eternal Sun. Cities of the Allied races of the Horde, the Highmountain revelled in fresh snow in the hills, Suramar basked in light of natural sun. The great Dazar’alor temple city shoneits golden decorations like a beacon of hope in the top of the isles of Zandalar. But war left scars too and all of the cities knew them. The biggest scar of them all was Undercity. Lost to the Blight. Her citizens shaken and moved to all corners of the cities of their allies…
Yet, not all was lost. The Kingdom of Lordaeron was still present in its citizens’ rotten hearts. Swords and tools were maintained, and the will to rebuild was with the men, women, geists and gargoyles of the former subterranean service.
As such the many people of Undercity now began to make preparations to serve the Horde from new harbours of the Forsaken Hope. Indeed, perhaps these towns lacked the glamour of the capitals of others, but they were still home. Tarren Mill is such a home and serves as the headquarters of a Forsaken unit called‘’The Hand of Agony’’.
New challenges await the Forsaken as the sky had shattered, destroying the veil between the world of the dead and living. The Hand of Agony, led by Executor Simetra Shadowshot, were certain to keep their blades sharp and spells ready, facing any threat that may come to Lordearon and their allies within the Horde.
The clattering of hoofs was to be heard as the skeletal horses galloped through the stone pavement of Hillsbrad Foothills. After several weeks of missions out of the homeland, the Hand of Agony had made their way home to the city of Tarren Mill. Rain poured down but these men and women did not seem to care in the slightest.
While there had been peace and the war against the void had been concluded. Times have been busy. The Hand had spent most of their time aiding their allies. Be it the Scourge in the cold lands of Northrend or centaur on remote islands amidst the sea. The Hand of Agony would answer the call to arms made by their allies, assisting them were necessary and crushing their opponents. For the Horde.
Horses were stabled and without a phrase or word, the unit already had lined up in front of the Executor. She peered at the line from behind her beak-like mask, as soon her two officers stood on either side of her.
‘’It has been long since we have been home and much work remains to be done. Lordearon still lays in ruins and we will utilize our time here to aid in rebuilding efforts, as well as keeping these lands safe. Whatever challenges await us, we shall overcome them! For the Forsaken and for the Horde, by our blades! Sharpen your weapons, repair your armor and gather your reagents. For now, dismissed!’’ she made a salute, crossing her arms over her chest. The unified sound of clattering armor followed after, as the soldiers of the Hand got to work.